Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
I've been checking the fuel surcharges on the Adriatic ferry routes from Italy to Greece. So if you are planning to visit the Peloponnese this year they might be off interest to you. I've used the Venice/Ancona-Patras routes as the ferries dock there and it's closer than Igoumenitsa. I've only done the three main ferry lines as most people use these. The prices are per single trip.

ANEK.
Venice route. €20 per person and €50 for the camper.
Ancona route. €15 per person and €15 for the camper.

MINOAN.
Venice & Ancona routes. €15 per person and €20 for the camper.

SUPERFAST.

Using the ferry route the drive from Dover to Ancona is about 950 miles. It's about 100 miles shorter to Venice.

The overland route staying in the EU is about 1880 miles from Calais to Patras.

We have driven the overland route a few times but not since Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU so the road conditions should be a lot better these days.

Safe travelling.

Don

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I've been checking the fuel surcharges on the Adriatic ferry routes from Italy to Greece. So if you are planning to visit the Peloponnese this year they might be off interest to you. I've used the Venice/Ancona-Patras routes as the ferries dock there and it's closer than Igoumenitsa. I've only done the three main ferry lines as most people use these. The prices are per single trip.

ANEK.

MINOAN.

SUPERFAST.

Using the ferry route the drive from Dover to Ancona is about 950 miles. It's about 100 miles shorter to Venice.

We have driven the overland route a few times but not since Romania and Bulgaria joined the EU so the road conditions should be a lot better these days.

Safe travelling.

Don

YES IVE NOTICED HOW MUCH BETTER OUR ROADS ARE SINCE JOINING THE EU:RollEyes:

rikfos

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp

ANEK.

MINOAN.

SUPERFAST.

Safe travelling.

Don

We must have been lucky- no surcharges with Minoan and free meals from there cafe on board. This was from Ancona after having been transferred from Venice- they also gave us a discount of 50 Euros.
Next sailing from Venice to Greece is the 15th June- Maybe Minoan will pull out of Venice for good and leave it to Anek.
There usual ships which ply from Venice are now on the Ancona run.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years

ANEK.

MINOAN.

SUPERFAST.

Safe travelling.

Don

Hello Don

In your experience is Greece suitable to visit in January, or is the weather in general to poor to enjoy it?

Thanks

ChrisF

Free Member
Jun 2, 2012
Southwest Crete
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 months
Some changes to consider

Only Anek are operating from Venice so the Minoan customers are travelling with Anek making the ferries very crowded. I arrived on Saturday expecting to find plenty of space and ended up staying over until Sunday in order to get Open Deck.

Anek/Superfast are operating from Ancona but only for smaller vehicles from what I can make out. Minoan are operating larger ships from there.

Anek's financial report, which can be downloaded from their website, makes for interesting reading.

OP
OP
Don Madge

Don Madge

Deceased RIP
Aug 27, 2007
East Yorks
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Too Long
Hello Don

In your experience is Greece suitable to visit in January, or is the weather in general to poor to enjoy it?

Thanks

Hi Veevee

The winters in Greece are very mixed, the Peloponnese usually have the best of the weather.

In the past we've had sunshine in Jan/Feb and a very wet March so you just have to chance your luck.

See http://www.magbaztravels.com/content/category/8/27/30/ for details of what you can expect.

As you are aware there are ongoing problems in Greece a very good site for forth coming strikes/protests see http://livingingreece.gr/strikes/

Safe travelling.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back