Winter Meet in Southern Spain/Portugal 2013 (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looking to get another meet together somewhere warmer than the UK for a three week period in feb/march next year. Who would be up for it and where should we go?

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Yes please....:thumb:

"Marjal"... :RollEyes: The one by the coast. (The old one)... they have a compound at the bottom that they only seem to open in the height of the season.. holds about 60 units if memory serves me correct... Nice walks, Walking distance of a beach, short walk to Guardamar town and that nice "Chinese Restaurant".. ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'll toss in one we enjoyed this year.

Benidorm, Vilasol. Not a whole lot inside the site, pool and bar. Good big pitches, good toilets. A bit of traffic noise at the lower end of the site. But half a mile easy walk and glorious beach and every shop/restaurant/entertainment imaginable. Cheap new railway system gives a 30 mile easy exploration zone. After the initial shock of "I'm in Blackpool" it has much to offer.

Well know ( and loved in here ) site so maybe early booking needed.

We really enjoyed Cap Blanch a few miles north, similar beach but no "Blackpool" but no facilities and a mile or so to the good touristy bits. Very quiet. Probably could not get enough pitches, full of Dutch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 8, 2010
France 86
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro
Exp
Since 2010
Count us in. We'll already be in Spain and it would be great to meet up with Funsters, anywhere.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Yes - Pleeeeeeese! We're very very interested - Thanks Jim

Perri & Tony x:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Yes please !!

I am up for it !!:youbetcha: The old marjal, then I can use my 100 Euro deposit !!:thumb::thumb:
Otherwise, I will go with the flow !:Cool:

Just popped over to Hollyberry (computer u/s) she is up for it, preferably on the Coast !:Cool:

Thinking about it Jim, you have a track record with Raimon, so a good deal is on the cards there !!!..:party2:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Go on then.... Put me down...:thumb:

Benidorm, I dont think is an option, you wont get the spaces.
Marjal was fine BUT been there done that...

Costa del sol ??? Never been there as yet...:Cool:

wander

Free Member
Jul 29, 2011
Calpe, Alicante, Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
Yes please....:thumb:

"Marjal"... :RollEyes: The one by the coast. (The old one)... they have a compound at the bottom that they only seem to open in the height of the season.. holds about 60 units if memory serves me correct... Nice walks, Walking distance of a beach, short walk to Guardamar town and that nice "Chinese Restaurant".. ::bigsmile:

When we were at that Marjal end of last year there was a factory nearby with machinery going 24/7. Particularly noisy on the compound at the bottom. We asked to be moved but even nearer the entrance we still found it disturbed our sleep.:Sad: Shame because its a great area for walking, cycling, sightseeing etc.

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
We will be interested too depending on dates as we are hoping to spend January and most of February in Morocco.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are interested too Jim, with new Marjal all was perf, but it was a great disappointment for me that we couldnt use the lovely outside pool even though it was very hot , i am sure we would go back even though if a another good deal was had :RollEyes::RollEyes:

We did have a nosey at the old Marjal and found the outside grounds seemed very uncared for and looked cramped inside ...didnt impress us like the new place did

Somewhere like Hilldweller suggested sounds perf:thumb::thumb:

John n Kath

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Boohoohoo .... won't have any hols at that time....If there was an airport not far , I could come for the week end... with my wee tent, unless someone with a Hymer finds a way to get there :RollEyes:, but to me sounds like a bit too far away for just a couple of days....I doubt JJ would do it!

Amicalement

Frankie:cry::cry:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Now you have included portugal..... Perhaps some where on the Algarve...

They have nice weather that time of year, and the cost of living ie Booze, fags, Eating out is reasonable..:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well... without proper consultation with my social secretary (and boss on these matters) my first instincts tell me I wouldn't go all the way to Eastern Spain for a week again next year...

However... maybe we could link the "Rolling, Off Site, Portuguese Funster Meet" (ROSPM) idea with the more formal Funster Spanish Meet...

JJ :Cool:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Now you have included portugal..... Perhaps some where on the Algarve...

They have nice weather that time of year, and the cost of living ie Booze, fags, Eating out is reasonable..:thumb:

Please note, young Maurice, that to the vast majority of Portuguese people the "Algarve" isn't Portugal... it is a playground for foreigners... :ROFLMAO:

However... I think it is much nicer than the Spanish Costas... but then I am biased...

JJ :Cool:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We are interested too Jim, with new Marjal all was perf, but it was a great disappointment for me that we couldnt use the lovely outside pool even though it was very hot , i am sure we would go back even though if a another good deal was had :RollEyes::RollEyes:

We did have a nosey at the old Marjal and found the outside grounds seemed very uncared for and looked cramped inside ...didnt impress us like the new place did

Somewhere like Hilldweller suggested sounds perf:thumb::thumb:

John n Kath

PS : We had already enquired with Chckenrun twice but have had no response / reply for a visit at the start of winter

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Spain/Portugal

We have booked the Ferry to Salamanca 17th Oct with intention of spending 6x months in the Algarve. So would be interested in the possibility of meeting up if we are in a similar area.

Keep me posted

Malc

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Hi Jim, Gel and I are up for the meet, not fussed where, Portugal sounds good, its not where that counts, its who's there, as we all had a blast at the last one. :thumb::thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Thats ok if we survive December

i think we could possibly be up for it but will have to see how the finances pan out.

provided we survive armageddon :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
We are very interested wherever, Carol has started packing.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

One thought, how about two places Portugal and Spain ?

Andrew

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Count us in Jim, we thoroughly enjoyed Marjal and being with the funsters, although we would rather be closer to the beach with some nice walks. Old Marjal sounds good if it is walking distance to Guadamar!

We will go with the flow!

Ginny and Mike

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
winter in the sun

Sandra and I would probably be up for this but would have to confirm a bit nearer the time.
Portugal for us but would not mind anywhere where its warm and sunny
MikeD::bigsmile:

ian9547

Free Member
Apr 23, 2012
Granada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low line Coachbuilt
Exp
Meeting in Winter - Spain/Portugal

We live in Spain and will be going down to southern Portugal in February. Went to Mohacar this year - but the charges are quite high on the only decent Site near to the coast.

There is free overnight Motorhome parking at San Jose - which is right in the centre - with plenty of cafes and bars nearby. San Jose is close to Cabo de Gato.

However, I would think that it would only hold up to about 15 - 20 'Vans.

Ian

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Villasol

I'll toss in one we enjoyed this year.

Benidorm, Vilasol. Not a whole lot inside the site, pool and bar. Good big pitches, good toilets. A bit of traffic noise at the lower end of the site. But half a mile easy walk and glorious beach and every shop/restaurant/entertainment imaginable. Cheap new railway system gives a 30 mile easy exploration zone. After the initial shock of "I'm in Blackpool" it has much to offer.

Well know ( and loved in here ) site so maybe early booking needed.

We really enjoyed Cap Blanch a few miles north, similar beach but no "Blackpool" but no facilities and a mile or so to the good touristy bits. Very quiet. Probably could not get enough pitches, full of Dutch.

The problem with Villasol there are no pets allowed and I know there are quiet a few funsters with Pets
Alan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I wonder why that is Steve? maybe they have heard of the funster's parties :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That wouldn't put Andy & Lesley off they have one every Friday. :Cool:

I was going to suggest The Chicken Run, and I'm sure they would be up for it. The problem I see is the lack of facilities. If you are a wild camper you will love it, no electric, no loos but the company is superb and the taxi service is something else.

We will be going back, we love the place.

I will give them a shout see if it can be done. :shout:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back