Newbie question, Barnsley area Yorkshire meet (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello being new to the Funsters and not been to any meets yet we are having to
exhibit our special needs sensory products in the Core at Barnsley Yorkshire (hope its central) on the 13th May.
Are there any meets within a bus/train ride that we could attend as we will have our MH
with us or can anyone suggest a safe camp site to overnight and pick it up the following day after the exhibition closes latest 4.0pm.
Atlantisbird.:Smile:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Hi the core is in the town centre /collage :thumb: it has quite a big car park which you may be able to stay on but if not the site below is about ten min max, drive
terry
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=3122

Trouble with that site is there is no/very little Public transport from there into town. If you will have a car or such then it is a great place, but without a vehicle its a trek to the nearest village. I will be in Barnsley tomorrow and I will try and check if you can stay in the van on the carpark at Core, as Terry said there is a very big carpark there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
atlantisbird

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello Madmark62,
We have found out that we are able to park near to the Core for the day for our special needs exhibition, the organisers emailed me tonight.
We also found a rally at Misterton so we have booked it and hope to combine the two.
Thank you.
Ann & Harry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hello Madmark62,
We have found out that we are able to park near to the Core for the day for our special needs exhibition, the organisers emailed me tonight.
We also found a rally at Misterton so we have booked it and hope to combine the two.
Thank you.
Ann & Harry
you wont regret Misterton......great meet and great hosts......Sheila and Mick (runrig)

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Hello Madmark62,
Thank you.
Ann & Harry

Glad you have it sorted , I sent my brother a text asking if you could stay on his drive way, he lives about 5 mins walk from the town centre. But I will tell him it dooes not matter now.
There is a Wetherspoons pub about 2 mins from the Core, called Joseph Bramhah, bottom of Market Hill, decent food and very good beer, plenty of chippies close by too, plus the usual Pizza,Kebab etc.

Hope to see you soon.
Mark

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back