Skirt/windbreak for under MH, suggestions please.... (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
I have a 5.5Mtr privacy room on order and need to finish it off by closing the gap under the van.

The Fiamma version has press studs, not sure if like that idea or not, so thought I would investigate what other options there might be. The privacy room will be where the dog will spend some time, so need to make it as secure as possible.

Apart from the Fiamma one, other options seem to be a rail that attaches to the bottom edge of the van in some way and the skirt slides through it, not sure what happens when you et to the wheels/step areas.

Possibly a small wind break using poles hammered into the ground is another.

Are there any others?

Anyone got any good/bad experiences using any of them?

Thanks

Steve

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Steve

We have tried a variety of windbreaks for under the MH. We have one that fastens on with suction cups, one that is like a miniwind break in that you roll out the windbreak and hammer in the integral stakes - this is what we use currently but very difficult to put up if on hard ground. We have four dogs and keeping them in is a priority!

There is a fence system for sale in another posting Broken Link Removed and that is a good system too. We have a similar fencing but the bit for under the mh is the one with the suckers.

Kath & Howie

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Steve

We have tried a variety of windbreaks for under the MH. We have one that fastens on with suction cups, one that is like a miniwind break in that you roll out the windbreak and hammer in the integral stakes - this is what we use currently but very difficult to put up if on hard ground. We have four dogs and keeping them in is a priority!

There is a fence system for sale in another posting Broken Link Removed and that is a good system too. We have a similar fencing but the bit for under the mh is the one with the suckers.

Kath & Howie

Thanks for the reply.

Not heard about one with suction cups, is it any good? If it is, where can you get it from, might be worth a look.

Thanks

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
skirt

I have the fiamma skirt, on the studs, I have rubber suckers which have male section of the press stud araldite and screwed to them. The suckers keep the skirt laterally tight and then two or three lightweight pegs do the job.

Philk

Dreamchaserrv

Free Member
Jan 31, 2008
Wherever we park
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
9 Years
I have a safari room for my RV and the underskirt is held on below the locker doors with velcro for the whole length of the room, 6 metres, The bottom of the skirt is pinned down to the ground with tent pins. It is more than secure enough to keep a dog in.:thumb:

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Exp
I have a safari room for my RV and the underskirt is held on below the locker doors with velcro for the whole length of the room, 6 metres, The bottom of the skirt is pinned down to the ground with tent pins. It is more than secure enough to keep a dog in.:thumb:

Hadn`t thought of velcro, thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Jormax do a free standing skirt, it's about 2 feet high with strong aluminium poles in pockets spaced out, I have one, it's not cheap but works a treat, seeLink RemovedBottom right of page.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back