LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Started to put a few things in the van ready for our trip away next week to the Isle of Wight, New Forest and generally tootling about. Temperature outside this morning minus 0.5, is hail-stoning at the moment here, we were going to stop at Tewkesbury CC site on the way back, but it's closed because of flooding. Yes its the usual UK holiday weather, I hope it's a bit warmer down south, don't think I will pack the sun cream.

John

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, I live on the I.o.Wight dont know if you've booked ferry yet, Wightlink do dream ticket for under 6 mtr m/h travelling between 10.30pm & 04.30am. also if booked in to a campsite for 4/5 days they include ferry cost , best site is whitefield forest campsite (in my opinion). any other info just ask.Terry (FIDGET):thumb:

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi, I live on the I.o.Wight dont know if you've booked ferry yet, Wightlink do dream ticket for under 6 mtr m/h travelling between 10.30pm & 04.30am. also if booked in to a campsite for 4/5 days they include ferry cost , best site is whitefield forest campsite (in my opinion). any other info just ask.Terry (FIDGET):thumb:

Hi Terry, I booked one of Red Funnel deals a few weeks ago return ferry and 5 nights site fees. The site we chose is the Whitefield forest site::bigsmile:, it looked the best one and seems to have decent public transport links. Never been before so any suggestions of places to see most welcome,

Cheers

John

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am camping in Kent at the moment and it's pretty cold.

Not got above 9 degrees C all day so I wouldn't get excited about travelling South.:cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Jim - can we lose that f'ing avatar please. - it is starting to do my head in::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
I am camping in Kent at the moment and it's pretty cold.

Not got above 9 degrees C all day so I wouldn't get excited about travelling South.:cry:

I had better pack the thermals then, we were away in March and had fantastic weather, can't second guess this climate:Sad:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi John, Depends on what sort of things you want to do , and are you planning on using van while here or buses. Tesco is half mile walk from site nice walk using back lanes otherwise busy road no pavement. Culver down ignore 6ft 6 width restriction with van lovely place views north and south. fort victoria free parking short walk along sea wall into yarmouth. Alum bay £3 car park but nice walk up to needles battery also old rocket site ( Blue Knight) , cowes seafront.just a couple of suggestions loads more if I know what sort of thing you like. Terry :thumb:

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Hi John, Depends on what sort of things you want to do , and are you planning on using van while here or buses. Tesco is half mile walk from site nice walk using back lanes otherwise busy road no pavement. Culver down ignore 6ft 6 width restriction with van lovely place views north and south. fort victoria free parking short walk along sea wall into yarmouth. Alum bay £3 car park but nice walk up to needles battery also old rocket site ( Blue Knight) , cowes seafront.just a couple of suggestions loads more if I know what sort of thing you like. Terry :thumb:

Thanks for that Terry, we will probably be using buses most of the time, seems to be a good bus service on the island. Will probably just potter around, do a couple of walks if my old knees hold out:roflmto: and generaly just get a feel of the island.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back