Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000612.html

I fitted one of these to a battery needed for winching, just some info for anyone not familiar.

I am currently doing the sums and research on what "extra" power i am going to add next time. it won't be solar,........it might be a genny, it might be an uprated alternator, i doubt it will be a fuel cell (expense), but if I isolate it from the original set up, it will definatley incorporate one or two of these.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Errr!!!! vanbitz battery master in reverse.....wired to cranking battery with leisure battery as secondary instead of, conventionally, the opposite way

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Errrr, VB battery master needs 240, this does,nt. Vb battery master works in the opposite direction to a vsr.........hardly the same is it:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
battery master is a 12v VSR

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Errrr, VB battery master needs 240, this does,nt. Vb battery master works in the opposite direction to a vsr.........hardly the same is it:Doh:
Read vanbitz own description of their battery master......it doesnt need 230v hookup...any charging source will work.

simply wired to the engine battery, instead of the leisure battery, it will work exactly the same way, once the engine is running and the alternator is charging the engine battery.

it doesnt know where the power source is coming from or where its going....it just knows that its connected to a primary battery.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back