Roboform...do you use it? (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I'm thinking of using roboform password manager...

Just checked their website and they seem to do a standalone version for a single PC or a 'use anywhere' version which stores your passwords and data on server so you can use it on your phone, tablet, laptop and pc.

Does anyone on here use roboform already? I tried it once but couldn't get on with it.

Any why do you use it at all, as all web browsers will store your passwords for you?

Do you use the standalone version or the use everywhere one?

If the latter, how happy are you that all the passwords etc. are stored on the internet, and if roboform get hacked then ALL your passwords could be compromised.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I have looked several times at these password systems. So far I've avoided them purely out of fear that my banking will be compromised.

The last time I saw this discussed I remember 'Jim' saying that he had so many he couldn't possibly manage without it, which is why I looked seriously at them.

If all you funsters could put my mind at rest then I will reconsider and I'll watch this thread develop.

The danger is using a similar Password for many of my less important sites albeit a fairly well thought out combination of Upper and lower case with numbers thrown in. Remembering the subtle changes is what causes the problem so of course I have them written down but if I were to lose that file I would be 'cabbaged', there you go Pappajohn, I've used your 'cabbaged'.
::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've been using Roboform for 3 years at least. One program I couldn't be without. :thumb:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I've been using Roboform for 3 years at least. One program I couldn't be without. :thumb:

Is it the standalone/desktop version or the 'everywhere' one?

And do you use the extra features or just the password store?

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
This was the last discussion........ Broken Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.