Detroit Solar (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2009
Bridgend south wales
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
I will be attending the newbury show this month and am considering having a solar panel fitted by Detriot Solar , has anybody used this company and if so what did you think of them t,there product and costs any advice would be appreciated

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
detroit

we have used detroit solar about 6 yrs ago to put solar panels on our motorhome.they were excellent.no problems at all and if i remember right they were a reasonable price:thumb:
brian jo and josh

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We used them in 2006, not a single problem since then. Nice people and good prices

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
I will be attending the newbury show this month and am considering having a solar panel fitted by Detriot Solar , has anybody used this company and if so what did you think of them t,there product and costs any advice would be appreciated

Hi Paul, I used Detroit Solar 2 years ago and they were excellent. I had a 1000 watt inverter fitted and this allows you to use a lot more electrical appliances and a 900 watt panel. They also fitted another leisure battery for me at the same time and connected it all in such a way that once the inverter is on all the three pin plugs work off the system. It cost me an extra £10 for the heavy duty cable but is so convenient for plugging in electical 3 pin appliances without being on hook up. If you want to know what the system is and how it actually works just ask them what they did for Janet Forse and if you want me to phone them to remind them what system I had fitted so that they can explain it to me just let me know.

I wild camp most of the time and the solar panel and inverter are invaluable and the service I received from Detroit Solar was first class. Hope this of some help to you. Take care and kind regards Jan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Hi Paul, I used Detroit Solar 2 years ago and they were excellent. I had a 1000 watt inverter fitted and this allows you to use a lot more electrical appliances and a [HI]900 watt panel[/HI]. They also fitted another leisure battery for me at the same time and connected it all in such a way that once the inverter is on all the three pin plugs work off the system. It cost me an extra £10 for the heavy duty cable but is so convenient for plugging in electical 3 pin appliances without being on hook up. If you want to know what the system is and how it actually works just ask them what they did for Janet Forse and if you want me to phone them to remind them what system I had fitted so that they can explain it to me just let me know.

I wild camp most of the time and the solar panel and inverter are invaluable and the service I received from Detroit Solar was first class. Hope this of some help to you. Take care and kind regards Jan.

Now that is a serious solar panel..........:Eeek:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Hi Paul, I used Detroit Solar 2 years ago and they were excellent. I had a 1000 watt inverter fitted and this allows you to use a lot more electrical appliances and a[HI] 900 watt panel[/HI]. They also fitted another leisure battery for me at the same time and connected it all in such a way that once the inverter is on all the three pin plugs work off the system. It cost me an extra £10 for the heavy duty cable but is so convenient for plugging in electical 3 pin appliances without being on hook up. If you want to know what the system is and how it actually works just ask them what they did for Janet Forse and if you want me to phone them to remind them what system I had fitted so that they can explain it to me just let me know.

You sure, a panel that big would cover the whole roof :Eeek::Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back