Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I want to install some kind of a privacy screen in my motorhome so that the rear can be made into a private bedroom so that the dinette area can be used whilst someone is asleep and not disturbed. I have seen some rear fixed bedrooms have a sliding curtain affair which is more like a stiff fabric which concertinas as it closes. Can you buy these curtains and if so where? Anyone got any other ideas as to what can be used? Not really after sound proofing, just the privacy aspect.

Cheers Mike

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have a curtain to separate the fixed bed from the rest of the van. You can get the rail from M/home or caravan shops Mike and can be curved as ours is. :thumb:

OP
OP
M1ke

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Hi yes I thought of just a curtain but wondered if there was something more solid? Thanks for the suggestion though!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mike you can use normal house curtains (much cheaper)and go for a Swish rail with the small roller bearings:thumb:Get a curtain with the black outlining
terry

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We looked at theconcertina door type for our van and decided against them, they take about 3 or 4 inches of space when closed and then there is the track top and bottom to run it that needs fitting, and tracking on the floor would be guaranteed to get all sorts of stuff in it decided to go for a curtain instead

OP
OP
M1ke

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
We looked at theconcertina door type for our van and decided against them, they take about 3 or 4 inches of space when closed and then there is the track top and bottom to run it that needs fitting, and tracking on the floor would be guaranteed to get all sorts of stuff in it decided to go for a curtain instead

I think you are right. I have just had a look at the space available and I don't think the concertina type door is going to work for the exact reason you have given. I've had a look on ebay and there is a guy in Peterborough selling a curtain track kit with the fitting for about £13 plus postage, so I might go for that.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
For our van I used a compression type curtain rod (which fits between two cupboards) and a curtain with rings (designed to slide onto a pole rather than hang from a track). To stop the rod being knocked down I screwed cups (made from walking stick ferrules) into the cupboard frames.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
ours has like a metal curtain track with a 2 piece sliding door and on the bottom there is like a u shaped clip that runs in a slot in the bottom of the door to stop the 2 halves separating.
it just opens into a gap next to the wardobe

you could try those vertical window blinds as they slide to one end when open.

http://www.vertical-blinds-direct.co.uk/

OP
OP
M1ke

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
For our van I used a compression type curtain rod (which fits between two cupboards) and a curtain with rings (designed to slide onto a pole rather than hang from a track). To stop the rod being knocked down I screwed cups (made from walking stick ferrules) into the cupboard frames.

Great idea, in fact I just found a length of this type of rod in my barn and it seems to fit a treat! The ends have anti slip rubber bungs so I do not need to find 2 walking sticks. :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back