Chris Evans Car Fest (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Just been looking at prices for Chris Evans Car Fest North. £170 for a familly weekend ticket, beyond my price range. One third of the ticket price to children in need I know but thats still £110 for the weekend.

Anyone got deeper pockets than me.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I wouldn't go to a Chris Evans event if he paid me £170 ..........I'd rather give £170 direct to charity and stuff his show.

In case anyone hasn't caught on I detest the geezer

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just had a look and it seems as if all the tickets are sold out, he is such a petrol head it should have been good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Just had a look and it seems as if all the tickets are sold out, he is such a petrol head it should have been good.

He is doing 2 Festivals, the South one is sold out, the North one tickets go on sale in the morning , or so I was told today!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thanks I will google it. :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
apparently its being held at Cholmonderley Castle, not far from Wrenbury, just been reading up on it and dogs not allowed unless guide dogs anywhere on site and cars cannot be parked next to vans if camping they must be left in the carpark

Last edited:
OP
OP
andyman
Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
apparently its being held at Cholmonderley Castle, not far from Wrenbury, just been reading up on it and dogs not allowed unless guide dogs anywhere on site and cars cannot be parked next to vans if camping they must be left in the carpark

And folks moan about Caravan Club rules.

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
:Smile: managed to get a weekend booking, this will make a nice end to our touring holiday.

now that i am living on a small pension it is unlikely that i will be bidding in the auctions but the general buzz, music (9 bands), 4 day stop over and the general good feeling of giving to charity makes the high price of £170 worth it.

will any other Funsters be there?:thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I wouldn't go to a Chris Evans event if he paid me £170 ..........I'd rather give £170 direct to charity and stuff his show.

In case anyone hasn't caught on I detest the geezer
Sorry I am one of his millions of fans, I have been for a long time. What is it that you dislike so much about him.:Eeek:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
:Smile: managed to get a weekend booking, this will make a nice end to our touring holiday.

now that i am living on a small pension it is unlikely that i will be bidding in the auctions but the general buzz, music (9 bands), 4 day stop over and the general good feeling of giving to charity makes the high price of £170 worth it.

No electricscott I wont be their but I'm sure it will be a fantastic memorable weekend worth every penny.:thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs

We tried to get tickets for both festivals but just couldn't put the info in fast enough so we won't be going. £170 isn't that bad when you look at what you get for your money. We go to Goodwood FoS and that costs a lot more but you get a lot for your money.

D.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Interestingly, Mr evans has attempted to compete with the Bring and Buy as he opted for the same weekend.

The cheek of it, I think he just chose to because of the weather I have booked for this area. :roflmto::roflmto:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We thought about this one last night knew we would have to get on line early, been to the Pageant of Power at this venue, lovely countryside, in the end (Hubby) could not decide if there would be enough cars there for him.

I would be quite happy with the music always wanted to go to Glastonbury but never made it, if any one can report back what it was like car wise and atmosphere wise, would like to put it on next years to do list.

Like Dave we are off to Goodwood, so he will have to get his fix there.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Sorry I am one of his millions of fans,

He defines FUN, always a big smile, and he's s***********g Billy Piper, maybe that's why some hate him.

Wife hates him, so either there's something I don't know about her or the Piper theory is in doubt.

Mind you, why do women always go for a pee in pairs ?

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Interestingly, Mr evans has attempted to compete with the Bring and Buy as he opted for the same weekend.

The cheek of it, I think he just chose to because of the weather I have booked for this area. :roflmto::roflmto:

No contest Paul the B&B wins hands down just wish we could make it but hey niece getting Married :cry:

All the best Rick

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
The South one I think conflicts with the B & B the one in the North is in September. :Smile:

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We tried to get tickets for both festivals but just couldn't put the info in fast enough so we won't be going. £170 isn't that bad when you look at what you get for your money. We go to Goodwood FoS and that costs a lot more but you get a lot for your money.

D.
we are going to goodwood fos too

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We thought about this one last night knew we would have to get on line early, been to the Pageant of Power at this venue, lovely countryside, in the end (Hubby) could not decide if there would be enough cars there for him.

I would be quite happy with the music always wanted to go to Glastonbury but never made it, if any one can report back what it was like car wise and atmosphere wise, would like to put it on next years to do list.

Like Dave we are off to Goodwood, so he will have to get his fix there.

will see you at goodwood fos

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
He defines FUN, always a big smile, and he's s***********g Billy Piper, maybe that's why some hate him.

Wife hates him, so either there's something I don't know about her or the Piper theory is in doubt.

Mind you, why do women always go for a pee in pairs ?

He has been divorced from Billy Piper since 2007, he is married to Natasha now, they have 1 son and another due soon. Billy is also married again with 2 kids, we met her and her mum in Fuengirola a couple of years ago, really lovely girl, her mum is a bit nuts though!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back