Peterborough (4 Viewers)

Jan 22, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Fleetwood Revolution 40d
Exp
Since January 2011
A big thank-you to all of you who made us feel welcome. As our first weekend as funsters and our first visit to Peterborough. One we will always remember. A special thank-you to Bob and Jayne. Looking forward to our next rally and hoping to meet more funsters.::bigsmile:
Sue and Graham:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Sue and Graham, nice to meet you both and have a chat, ::bigsmile: glad you managed to drive off no problems on Monday and thanks for the offer of the cadac and cooking the bacon, but glad we decided not to do it, it turned out worse than expected. :Doh:
Look forward to seeing you both again. :thumb:

Bob and Jane. without the Y :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
in the end you, Landy Lover, Maz and I got off

A big thank-you to all of you who made us feel welcome. As our first weekend as funsters and our first visit to Peterborough. One we will always remember. A special thank-you to Bob and Jayne. Looking forward to our next rally and hoping to meet more funsters.::bigsmile:

Sorry we did not get a chance to talk.. the wheelchair was well bogged down and I did not leave the mat out side the RV most of the weekend... I was pleased to see you got off the pitch without the need of the tractor.. one of the few... Landy Lover that had the fiver and the land Rover next to me also got off and Maz in her Hobby tag axle also managed to as well.. I left about an hour after you ...also much to JJ's disgust :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I also got off without the need of the tractor.

Poor Gomet did have to have help, but I would have been surprised if he had not given the mess that some RV's made of the grass... some serious deep ruts we carved out by a couple of A class recoveries.

We hope to see you at another show soon, with better weather and then have a chat.

My thanks also goes to Bob & Jane that stayed to the end, and helped me no end with getting the scooters in the car, along with a few fellow helpers.. thanks all.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
so do I

hi Bob lets hope it,s better for Newbury.............Del:Smile:

So do I... please no rain... mind you the roadways where we are normally are, are real roads, not like Peterborough's mule tracks....

Just starting to unload the RV and get it ready for a run to VanBitz next Thursday to have the alarm looked at on the extended warranty.. still going off when it feels like it. Not very impressed with that situation, considering how expensive they are (Know how Eddie has got his new motor home:Sad:).. Anyway another 300 miles round trip to do. Then it is get the RV ready for Newbury...

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
So do I... please no rain... mind you the roadways where we are normally are, are real roads, not like Peterborough's mule tracks....
Just starting to unload the RV and get it ready for a run to VanBitz next Thursday to have the alarm looked at on the extended warranty.. still going off when it feels like it. Not very impressed with that situation, considering how expensive they are (Know how Eddie has got his new motor home:Sad:).. Anyway another 300 miles round trip to do. Then it is get the RV ready for Newbury...
Bob
That is a bit of a bummer, still, £200 should cover the fuel.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
not so far out

That is a bit of a bummer, still, £200 should cover the fuel.:thumb:

Not so far out Buttons.. Tunbridge Wells to Peterborough to the left of Lincoln then across Lincoln for the MOT and back to the left of Lincoln then back home was a tidy run.

Bob

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Ouch

I was talking to our dealer today. They lost over £10K at Peterborough and are glumly preparing for Billing near Northampton this weekend, which is also waterlogged. What a miserable prospect. Sometimes the big boys can take a financial hit, but I really feel for the smaller traders, who often struggle to make ends meet.

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Warner themselves must have lost as they couldnt have unbookables and the day visitors must have been down.
So the whole show was a washout and not only because of the rain.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was talking to our dealer today. They lost over £10K at Peterborough and are glumly preparing for Billing near Northampton this weekend, which is also waterlogged. What a miserable prospect. Sometimes the big boys can take a financial hit, but I really feel for the smaller traders, who often struggle to make ends meet.

Yes, my first thoughts are always for the traders when bad weather affects attendances. Having said that, we talked to one or two smaller traders who were quite happy with their takings.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
or wellies, umbrellas, rain macs (saw a few of those plastic ponchos about), get you out of the mud tyre thingies as well they must have done well :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Just starting to unload the RV and get it ready for a run to VanBitz next Thursday to have the alarm looked at on the extended warranty.. still going off when it feels like it. Not very impressed with that situation, considering how expensive they are (Know how Eddie has got his new motor home:Sad:)..

Bob

That's a bit harsh isn't it? Condemning a trader before the fault is found.

I suspect that if Eddie feels his product is at fault he would tell you - it doesn't need an open forum surely?

Still, just my observation. It must be a non American thing ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I note your point treacle

That's a bit harsh isn't it? Condemning a trader before the fault is found.

I suspect that if Eddie feels his product is at fault he would tell you - it doesn't need an open forum surely?

Still, just my observation. It must be a non American thing ::bigsmile:

But I face the best part of 400 miles round trip.. it has to be one of two components.. posting them may have been a good way to resolve the issue... But buying an extended warranty which covers the work and a check.. but it has to be done at 10 a.m. only on an agreed date... I would have been happy to replace the items and seen which of the two items it was.. both are related to the interior alarm..I have adjusted the system as instructed now for over a year on the pedometer, as instructed by a former employee of VanBitz (working for them at the time).... much discussed on the site my alarm going off..I have to have the RV now alarmed only on the outside and not the interior....No it is not my rat or a mouse... I have made a lot of phone calls to VanBitz and suggestions how to resolve were given.. however as one of the units is so close the the slide out switch it cannot be lowered to check... could have been positioned better in my view.

But this was only a joke treacle as Eddie would have known.. He is expensive... how he spends his profit is up to him.. boats or campers ... but I like to think that when you buy an expensive item it works as expected. I even phoned today and asked if assistance could be given as I think the issue of the 230v problems may be related to a product they supplied... but no they cannot help as they are booked up... so if it is that .. out of warranty and would involve another 400 miles round trip... Oh I did pm Eddie but did not get a response from him.. He does not answer emails as he thinks they are all spams? So if you phone you get someone that did not fit the item originally so it is a bit hard to get him to understand the issues.

But I will get up at 4 a.m. next Thursday and head down West and be there for the 10 a.m appointment and let them change the offending item under the extended warranty.

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bob, my only point was that there hasn't been a diagnosis yet.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
there has

Bob, my only point was that there hasn't been a diagnosis yet.

There has.. it is either the brake glass unit fitted inside the door way jammed up against the slide out switch.. or the pedometer located inside the engine cowling. I have been advised several times to adjust this.. which I have.. I was instructed to spring the plastic up on the break glass unit and disconnect a wire.. which I cannot do as I say it has been installed to close to the slide out switch.. This has been an on going issue for 2 years... I took out the extended warranty last July to cover the system.. in a letter I got I am told

As part of the maintenance contract, this is a visual and operational check and there is no charge for this service. Should any faults be detected outside the warranty specification then any additional charges for parts and labour will be discussed with you prior to work being carried out.

Now an extended warranty parts and labour as far as I am concerned is just that.. parts and labour .. not with an exclusion clause.. Unfair Contracts Act springs to mind Treacle. But as I say it would have been in my view a good service if the two offending parts were sent and I fitted them in turn and returned the unused item.. got to be cheaper than taking workshop time or the fuel I will have to pay to get there and back. Please note I am working from the diagnosis of VanBitz to the issue. Not being an expert in alarms I have to rely on the expert.

I have called them many times over this and gone through it with three different people. As said one no longer works for Eddie.. one being his son and the other an employee. But I will return to Taunton and let them look at the issue... but if it cannot be resolved then I will have to consider what I should do. I purchased an expensive system and hoped it would do what it says on the tin... neither my neighbours Treacle or myself are amused at the alarm going off all the time. I cannot use the internal alarms which is part of the reason I had this system fitted and not done by a normal car alarm fitter, but went to the expert in Motor Home alarms.

I just want to make it clear I am not having a go at Eddie, I am just wanted to report the issues..... I did this tongue in cheek about the new motorhome.... Eddie was telling us all on the site about all the goodies he was fitting to his new motorhome... some of the earlier goodies I had fitted by him.. but clearly I have an issue that I have not managed to resolve yet, but I am hopeful this trip will get it sorted. I had a problem with the pioneer system (sat navigation system, back up camera and entertainment) have now had to get an alternative system as the pioneer just does not do what it says on the tin. The alarm we know about.. The Sterling is giving concerns and it is less than 3 years old... seems to turn itself off.. but out of warranty now.

Nothing seems to last these days like it did, or seem to years ago...

Bob:Blush:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well,I have just made matters worse so I will withdraw.

You Bob must decide if these are matters for an open forum.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

(Know how Eddie has got his new motor home:Sad:)..

Bob[/QUOTE]

Being a business owner myself when i see comments like that it really does hack me off:Angry:especially when its on an open forum.i personally dont know eddie but from what ive read about him on here i would assume he is a very fair and down to earth guy.every business gets problems (especially in the motor trade) all you can do is address the problems in the right manner.ive have been in business for 27yrs and carry the scars and grey hair to prove it:RollEyes:whatever i have, i have worked bloody hard for and if someone made a smart arsed comment like that about me i would be most offended.Bob i think you should give some serious thought about what you post on an open forum before you actually press the button.there is nothing wrong with constructive critism but when it is personal dig ten i beleive that is crossing the line.
brian

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
That is your fault not the traders. :Doh:

Jim is right you chose to have what you considered to be the best alarm fitted.

The drawback Bob is how far away the dealer you chose to fit the alarm is.

On the plus side its a lovely site there and maybe you can have a nice warm weekend away as well.

Look on the positive side if you can.

The Sun is shining in Kent so hopefully all is well with the World.

Now Ive said that I bet it starts to rain again :ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Not very impressed with that situation, considering how expensive they are (Know how Eddie has got his new motor home:Sad:)..

Bob

Just noticed this comment Bob. IMO unkind and unwarranted. If it was meant as a joke you did a poor job of expressing yourself.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
totally taken out of context

Just noticed this comment Bob. IMO unkind and unwarranted. If it was meant as a joke you did a poor job of expressing yourself.

It was taken totally out of context JIM... Treacle would it up and then others come in and made it worse.

I made a joke about Eddie affording his new van and it followed on from all the goodies he has fitted or is fitting.

Then it lead to the issue of the alarm.. nothing was being aimed at Eddie.. I even said that in one of the early posts.. but as always everyone has to throw there views in .. especially trades protecting there group.

I have nothing personally against Eddie .. god how many times do I have to say that. He supplies good items.. I have an issue with the alarm which I know he will sort out on Thursday... just drives me round the bend.. but it will be resolved I know.

OK you do not like what I have said.. noted.. why can it not just be left alone... or is there someone else that wants to have a say and tell me how bad I am (SEE MOTOR ROAMIN - REMARKS BELOW) because I express a view about an alarm that is driving me round the bend.

We can heap praise on people, but we are not allowed to say when we find something is causing a problem.. all I will say is thank you Treacle for making a mountain out of a mole hill.

BUT I will report to you all when the issue is sorted out and tell you how wonderful Eddie is.. but as I have been doing that for 3 years, I doubt that will be noted...

Bob

Last edited:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have tried to keep off this post.........but I must agree with Brian and Jims comments......it appears that Eddie (and I don't know him) is standing by his work which is all any one can ask........any thing mechanical or electrical can go wrong it is how it is sorted out that counts......at the risk of upsetting you Bob (for which I apologise now) but all your threads of late seem to be negative or having a dig at someone.......please think before posting we are supposed to all be friends.

All the best Rick

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no comment

I have tried to keep off this post.........but I must agree with Brian and Jims comments......it appears that Eddie (and I don't know him) is standing by his work which is all any one can ask........any thing mechanical or electrical can go wrong it is how it is sorted out that counts......at the risk of upsetting you Bob (for which I apologise now) but all your threads of late seem to be negative or having a dig at someone.......please think before posting we are supposed to all be friends.

All the best Rick

No comment Rick.. I might say something ..:Angry::Angry::Angry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Over cast this morning

Jim is right you chose to have what you considered to be the best alarm fitted.

The drawback Bob is how far away the dealer you chose to fit the alarm is.

On the plus side its a lovely site there and maybe you can have a nice warm weekend away as well.

Look on the positive side if you can.

The Sun is shining in Kent so hopefully all is well with the World.

Now Ive said that I bet it starts to rain again :ROFLMAO:

Sonja

It is over cast this morning.. very wet on the ground from yesterdays rain.

I will be doing a down and up in a day.. have to get back because of baby sitters with Ezzie.. have had to get two people to come in and let her out. Eddie's dog and Ezzie do not get on very well so it is better that we leave her back at home.

Have stayed on the site in the past, yes it is nice.

Just want Eddie to magic up some nice weather for us... but that is wishful thinking.

... hope your side of the county is better than this side.. have not seen any blue sky this morning.

Bob

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003

Thought I would go back to the 1st post on here::bigsmile:

Shame your 1st visit to Peterborough had to be such a wet one.
The show has never been that bad before.

Bob and Jayne did a great job for you all:thumb: when we came down to the fun site it was a big wet muddy mess.

Pete and Shirl :Smile:
Hope it has not put you off. :thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We looked after them Pete, :winky: they drove on and they drove off under their own steam. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
They both enjoyed the weekend, and will be joining us at Malvern. :thumb: Bob.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
they did well

We looked after them Pete, :winky: they drove on and they drove off under their own steam. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They did well Bob / Jane considering they were behind us to the side.. the RV in front of them was towed off but they managed to drive off with no problems.. perhaps it is a E350/E450 thing... They were not small but still managed to do what seemed impossible to some. Perhaps we will get more time to have a chat with them at Newbury.. hope so... very hard to meet anyone at Peterborough for a decent chat.

Bob

Pete45

Free Member
Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003

After seeing you on the Wed eve and looking at your area thought you did a great job:thumb:
We were lucky where we were and only had two towed off.
Best of luck for Newbury and we will see you at Malvern (if not before:winky:)
Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back