flooded stock (1 Viewer)

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi just read in mmm mag a article about flooded motorhome stock from the recent summer floods going into the 2nd hand market so buyers beware:Eeek:!!!!

ray:thumb:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Buyers Beware

hi just read in mmm mag a article about flooded motorhome stock from the recent summer floods going into the 2nd hand market so buyers beware:Eeek:!!!!

ray:thumb:

Hi Ray, I read it before in last months, this is a continuation, but as you quite rightly point out, Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!:shout:

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Years ago

Years ago at one of the boatyards that I ran, I had a guy bring one of those down to our slipway and launched it for testing.
It looks just the same and that was about early 1970s:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Saw this family on the river Rhone in 2005.

Back in the late 60s one of my mates had one and was going to show off and launch it at Sandbanks ferry.

He drove straight in a sunk blocking the ferry for hours:roflmto::roflmto:

Upvote 0
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Droitwich

I wonder if your mate ever came up to Worcestershire (Droitwich to be precise) as it was on the Worcester-Birmingham canal?:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
R

Ralph

Deleted User
Saw this family on the river Rhone in 2005.

Back in the late 60s one of my mates had one and was going to show off and launch it at Sandbanks ferry.

He drove straight in a sunk blocking the ferry for hours:roflmto::roflmto:

I nearly bought one once, in 1970. They wanted £200 for it but I bought a Ford Consul instead

Link Removed

Upvote 0
A

Amlco

Deleted User
www.Buy2Repair.com

The link you will be looking for is AML International Ltd. Automotive Marine & Leisure International Ltd. Repairable performance cars & Vehicle Salvage In the UK and Worldwide

Last 2 remaining units are there now...everything else they had has been sold!

Yes there were a lot of heavily flooded units on the site, there were also some that really shouldnt have been listed or disposed of. Come on guys, you should know what a heavy flood looks like, just check out the side walls for buldges, the internal cabinetry for delamination, to say nothing of the blown and distorted floors! Loads of motorhomes just had to be crushed...but at least the dealership are getting full sales credits, new showrooms, and full retail payouts on everything!

Many units were simply driven away and are already in use!

any chance you could post a link, I could not find it :Doh:

thanks

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
"...but at least the dealership are getting full sales credits, new showrooms, and full retail payouts on everything!"

Actually incorrect. insurance will only pay out cost price NETT

Not that we had any wet ones!!

Upvote 0
E

exmet

Deleted User
'Flooded' stock

Hi folks, I'm new to this so forgive some degree of ignorance, however, I wanted to comment on vehicles affected by last years floods. Massive Insurance claims are complicated matters and don't always make sense: these units simply all had to be tarr'd with the same brush as a few which suffered water ingress.
I'm buying one of these units and have attended the location where the balance of 86 motorhomes remain. The point that I wished to make is that the vast majority of these units suffered very slight water contact at all, such as halfway up the wheels. Most of them are in perfect condition, though most also have the cushions and mattresses missing, so these have to be ordered from Autotrail's supplier.
If you read the way Autotrail and other parties reported these 'Lepur-sufferers' to the manufacturers and other agencies, you would think they were destined for the scrap heap on day one, but it isn't particularly fair. I hope that the 80+ owners of these vehicles have safe and hassle-free motoring and maintain their units to the highest standards so that the vehicles drip-feed into the second hand market in a few years and all the history can be forgotten.
I am grateful to be able to purchase an as new, unregistered 7 berth vehicle for ten thousand pounds under list price and look forward to enjoying motorhoming very soon.:winky:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi all I am sure a lot of members are aware of a good thread on this with well informed replays from Simpson's salvage (who are also selling these vehicles) on (dare I say it )THE DARK SIDE
Terry

Upvote 0
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
You are allowed to say Motorhome Facts on here Terry ........you aren't allowed to say Motorhome Fun over there though :winky: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:I have already found that out!!!!!::bigsmile:
terry

Upvote 0

itexuk

Free Member
Apr 3, 2008
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat x250
Exp
If anyone is interested I know of a Bessacarr E785 that is for sale that had minor water damage from these floods. This motorhome looks perfect, it is the top of the range with leather upholstery, 160 motor, etc etc. I gather the on the road price would have been £54,000.
My contact who bought it direct from the insurance company wants in the region of £39,000 ono
I have just bought from them a new Mobilvetta that was also in the flood with little or no damage for £18,000 under list.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back