Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I spoke too soon yesterday when I said I had good luck at last, today I am paying the price. Our site sitters have blown their electrablock it would appear and cannot stay. So currently no one to look after the animals and we will probably have to postpone our trip. As I speak Sue is out running around trying to find help. This is definately the last time I will book a holiday abroad. The logistics of arranging cover when we have no electric on site is a nightmare. Tickets apparently are good for 12 months so should not lose them but other commitments mean we are unlikely to be able to travel until September:Sad: It is too late to ask funsters for help as I doubt anyone could get here today or tomorrow morning at the latest. I tried to arrange a backup sitter but they also pulled out a few weeks ago.:Sad: I am stressed to breaking point and just about had enough and its all my own fault, now where are the men in white coats, nurse is it time for my medication:whatthe:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I am so sorry to learn of your [HI]temporary[/HI] change in fortune...

I do hope these animals reward you in some way for all this stress...

Couldn't you just take them down to the market?

JJ :Cool:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
If only we were retired , with all the time in the world , we would have jumped at the chance. Who knows someone may see this post and think " why not "
Hope so .....
Where's the fingers crossed smiley.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Roger, I know a chap who may be able to help, he is currently in cornwall. I will pop over and have a word - how long and what does he need to do??

He is used to looking after farms, as he does at his mates in the winter!

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
We'd be glad to help out but are booked in to garage tomorrow 2pm to have spring-assisters fitted. S'pose it would be too late for you if we came down tomorrow night? :winky:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
mainly involves feeding an walking the dogs, but the problem is NO EHU still making local enquires. Could defer the tickets but no free time the rest of the year. I think this may be the final straw that causes me to sell the motorhome once and for all. I don't like relying on other people and Sue will not give up the animals. Maybe I should take her to the market JJ

Last edited:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Tomorrow night too late?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Euro tunnel will charge £120 excess fee if I change the departure date by 24 hrs seeing as the return fare was £150 that is an absolute rip off and I will not pay it. Looks like the second fare we shall lose. If we are unable to find someone local to to take the dogs we shall cancel the French trip and have a UK trip instead as the only offer of replacement site sitters cannot get here until after we should be in France. Whilst I would take a chance on the horses and cows and write off the veg plot. I cannot lock up the dogs without handing them over personally to someone to care for them.:Sad:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
That is extortion.... I'll think twice about using tunnel as we'd planned. Last time we had to put a ferry crossing forward due to a car breakdown it only cost us a fiver... :Angry:

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
sorry

IF I'd know earlier I have nothing planned for next week but sadly can't drive as I am medically banned till June. Wife could have dropped me off or I could have got the train/bus. I love dogs and even at 65 am fit and workable.Hope you get sorted

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Update

I spoke to an ENGLISH operator at Eurotunnel this morning and after explaining the situation they rebooked for tomorrow at 22.50 excess charge £13 can live with that. so Belgium here we come again assuming no further problems. I hope Paul and Karen had some luck with the electrablock. I will issue a generator warning in a thread on its own.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
I spoke to an ENGLISH operator at Eurotunnel this morning and after explaining the situation they rebooked for tomorrow at 22.50 excess charge £13 can live with that. so Belgium here we come again assuming no further problems. I hope Paul and Karen had some luck with the electrablock. I will issue a generator warning in a thread on its own.

Brilliant Roger glad you can get away - have a good holiday and remember keep a note of all those funsters who offered but couldn't make it this time.

Post some pics of hols.

Norman

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::sin::sin::sin::clap::clap::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::france::france::wooo::wooo::france::france:

Affectueusement

Frankie::bigsmile:

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Fingers crossed and many thanks tp Peter and caroline (Stcyr) for stepping into the breach at the last moment. I hope you both enjoy your stay in North Devon.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Fingers crossed and many thanks tp Peter and caroline (Stcyr) for stepping into the breach at the last moment. I hope you both enjoy your stay in North Devon.

Well done Peter and Caroline (Stcyr) we did it for 3 weeks and had a great time, nice part of the country, we spent a lot of time in north Devon but had not been back for a few years, so it was nice to go back again. :thumb:

Its not hard work, just make sure they have water and feed and walk the dogs, but mind your fingers I'v never seen or had dogs that eat so quick. :winky::ROFLMAO:

I can still see Sue and how upset she was when she left them,:Sad::cry: but they were in safe hands and we enjoyed doing it.::bigsmile:

We did use our generator a few times for the spin dryer mainly, but we had sunshine and the solar panel did well, as we took our car the van stayed put until we went, but anyone using their van to have a look round should not have any problems. :thumb:

Have a good trip Roger and Sue, nice to funsters coming to the rescue as they have on many occasions in recent years. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
have a great time roger and sue, seems that there are some pretty special people on this forum to help out at the last minute like that..:thumb:
have fun, relax and enjoy your time away, can imagine that your stress levels were sky high thinking it wasn't going to happen.

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
have a good chill out you two:Smile::Smile::Smile: and I hope to meet you some time during the summer :thumb::thumb::thumb:

martin

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
Have a great trip Roger and Sue and well done to the funsters who have stepped into the rescue.

Kath & Howie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back