Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
I rang a couple of Truma authorised service people today, without a result, but the second one suggested I rang the Truma technical support people direct. When I told them I had a Trumatic SL 3002 they said we've never made one with that number, so I asked them to hang on while I grabbed the manual and confirmed that was what I had. They suggested I email some pictures which I did, including one which clearly shows SL3002 on the front cover. I had an email back asking me to send them a phone number, so am now waiting for a call back:Sad:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
does the heater get hot with the fan switched off ???
i do know that on some of the older sb1800 type there is a gas feed pipe on the heater that rusts away externally so may become porous and reduce gas pressure to the main burner.

weather the one you have would suffer this problem i don't really know

just another thought if you light all the gas rings 1 after another on the cooker does the flame drop as you light more as this could point to a failing regulator

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I rang a couple of Truma authorised service people today, without a result, but the second one suggested I rang the Truma technical support people direct. When I told them I had a Trumatic SL 3002 they said we've never made one with that number, so I asked them to hang on while I grabbed the manual and confirmed that was what I had. They suggested I email some pictures which I did, including one which clearly shows SL3002 on the front cover. I had an email back asking me to send them a phone number, so am now waiting for a call back:Sad:
how very strange they dont know the model........from the Truma website

see pages 5 and 6

http://dealer.truma.com/_anweisungen/Truma-Katalog/pdf_verzeichnis/30_000/sl_3002.pdf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Maybe you have to start the conversation with the Truma technical support help desk like this...

"Ich habe ein Trumatic SL dreitausendzwei"......!

und dann vielleicht alles ist gut und alles ist klar......:winky:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
this could be why they dont know the model......they arent old enough to remember it

Trumatic SL 3002 / 3
from year of manufacture 07/1981
until year of manufacture 05/1993

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I would suggest that the burner is partially blocked and therefore is not generating the required amount of heat... If only I was there I would like to try to sort it for you... I love those heaters...

Get it out here to Portugal... between us we will get it roaring away... (I have a couple of spare burners somewhere...)

JJ :Cool:

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Ongoing situation.

I've just turned the heating on and left a thermometer in the van to see what difference it made...three degrees. It looks increasingly as though the burner has partially burnt out and is not creating enough heat, but because of the start of the caravan season it's difficult to find someone to look at it immediately. As an interim measure I'm wondering whether I could run a fan heater on low off the site electrics?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a small oil filled electric radiator works well in a small to medium size van.

what you have described though sounds like a blocked or coroded gas jet. fairly simple to fix if your competent with tools

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Thanks, I'll have a look tomorrow.

I've been looking at prices for jets, but just discovered that a new heater is available online for £289, so i this goes through MOT OK I might get one fitted if I can't sort this one, as by the time I've paid for spares and labour it won't be far off that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back