LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font VendĂ´me
Exp
Since 2004
I would like to thank the marshalls at Peterbrough for their sterling work in horrendoes conditions.
In particular Bob and Jane who's efforts were "above and beyond" the call of duty".

Thanks folks. :Smile:

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I will second that as they had to work infinitely harder in those awful conditions

Not forgetting the sterling work they did on the weeks before the show keeping us all informed

A BIG THANKS

Alan and Lynda

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Thanks guys, but we must not forget everyone that helped, GJH Graham and Jill they have really got a taste for marshalling :thumb: and Jaygee Tony and Jacky and Gozomike Mike and everyone that helped with the marquees, also a big thanks to Britstops because all those in the tents on Saturday drinking the Budweiser well that was donated to the funsters by them so check out their website.

Here: Link Removed

Thanks to everyone for booking to camp with fun, and sorry if we never got round for a chat, we did meet a few newbies and I think despite the conditions we had, everyone had a good time and just got on with it, Im sure it will not be that bad ever again. :winky::ROFLMAO:

We had lovely sunshine today came home wash the dust of the marquees ready for Tattingstone looking forward to that, its always nice in sunny Suffok, then from there on to Newbury, so look forward to meeting every one that booked for that.:thumb:

All i can say is, everyone got on the field, and many many many got stuck.:Doh:

:winky: But they're not there now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: See you all again sometime, don't let it dampen you spirits. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Thanks guys, but we must not forget everyone that helped, GJH Graham and Jill they have really got a taste for marshalling :thumb: and Jaygee Tony and Jacky and Gozomike Mike and everyone that helped with the marquees, also a big thanks to Britstops because all those in the tents on Saturday drinking the Budweiser well that was donated to the funsters by them so check out their website.

Here: Link Removed

Thanks to everyone for booking to camp with fun, and sorry if we never got round for a chat, we did meet a few newbies and I think despite the conditions we had, everyone had a good time and just got on with it, Im sure it will not be that bad ever again. :winky::ROFLMAO:

We had lovely sunshine today came home wash the dust of the marquees ready for Tattingstone looking forward to that, its always nice in sunny Suffok, then from there on to Newbury, so look forward to meeting every one that booked for that.:thumb:

All i can say is, everyone got on the field, and many many many got stuck.:Doh:

:winky: But they're not there now. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: See you all again sometime, don't let it dampen you spirits. :thumb: Bob and Jane.

As I have said many times.......All marshalls work hard for our enjoyment...so a big thanks to all......likewise I have always said that no matter how bad the weather we will enjoy it......and no one has ever been there the next year so they were not stuck just a delayed departure :thumb:

Thanks guys
All the best Rick

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Marshalling a meet is damn hard work - you are at everyones beck and call for sometimes the silliest of request - its satisfying but everyone needs to bear in mind a LOT of work goes on before the event - the site is all marked out the day before the event and the marshals have to ensure the site is left clean and tidy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and it is totally voluntary and unpaid so

A VERY BIG THANK YOU from both of us

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

( With no disrespect to those that did it the last time ).

artemis

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 years
Thanks Bob & Jane for all your work and organisation. It seemed ironic that today was such a lovely sunny day. Elizabeth & John

Aug 23, 2011
Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Lyseo 727g
Exp
since 2011
Just like to add our thanks both for the excellent marshalling and for making us newbies feel so welcome.

Just need a dog, a water filter and a slack handful of solar panels and I reckon we will fit right in :winky:

Paul & Debbie

TweetiePie

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Movano self build
Exp
on and off since 1968
We would also like to thank all the marshalls for all their work

NOW CAN WE HAVE THE DINGBAT ANSWERS?

Then she might let me get to sleep.....:Eeek:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hear Hear

I would like to thank the marshalls at Peterbrough for their sterling work in horrendoes conditions.
In particular Bob and Jane who's efforts were "above and beyond" the call of duty".

Thanks folks. :Smile:

Very well done you two and your helpers!

Catherine (& Humphrey, Oxford Don)

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Jane and i would also like to add our thanks both for the excellent marshalling and for making us newbies feel so welcome.

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

:Smile:THANK YOU:Smile:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Bob and Jane,
A difficult job well done done in horrendious conditions.
This was the first time that we had helped marshall a meet and seeing the work that goes into it before and during is mind bogling,certainly surprised Jacky and myself.
Wednesday spent measuring and marking out pitches,then waiting and waiting,hour after hour for funsters to turn up (or not as the case may be)puting up tent/marquee all in the pouring rain.
Missed all the fun of Sat and Sun as we had a prior engagement and had to get away early Sat morning, but glad to hear everyone had a good time.
See you at Tattingstone.
Jacky & Tony

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back