Downloading photos from Mob phone to PC (1 Viewer)

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I know I'm technically inept in the 21st century, but I don't know how!

How was I supposed to know there is a little door on the top of it that you have to open and plug the USB cable into? LOL

So I did that, and it went, ooer, looking for drivers, so I let it do all that (I did know it does that, honest injun) then when it said they were done and ready I could either 'Finish' or 'Install Nokia Suite software'. Well I didn't think I wanted N Suite because that goes on about using your phone for storage of data, which is just about the opposite of what I want. So I said No.

So I go to Windows Media Centre, the only knob or whistle it doesn't have is a tab marked HELP - and the only device it knows we have is the scanner, so how the hell do I get the pics from the phone to the ruddy puter?

:Doh:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Take the memory card from the phone, and plug it directly into your computer, then go to "My Computer", to see the card (removable storage).

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
with most phones, when you plug them in and the drivers load, you can navigate to your phone's storage using "my computer" or explorer on older pcs

plug phone in
wait for drivers to load
click START button
choose COMPUTER
This will open a page of icons showing drives etc
ignore A: C: and D:
you should see a drive that says something like F: on phone
double click this
if you get a folder with just another folder name in double click that
repeat till you see your photos
select what you want to keep and transfer to a drive on your PC, normally MY PICTURES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Jenny let me know if you're still struggling and I'll send you a help sheet I use with my students. I'll need to know which version of Windows you have as I have info for XP or 2007.

Gill

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Take the memory card from the phone, and plug it directly into your computer, then go to "My Computer", to see the card (removable storage).

OK, thanks for that suggestion - like I know what a memory card looks like, or where it would be in my phone, how you open that bit with fingernails that flake and disintegrate when I so much as look at eg a teatowel; or even if I mastered that - where to stick it ? :Eeek: :ROFLMAO: PS Pete opened the little door where the USB lead goes, I didn't even know it was there !

The Big One however seems to be talking sense I can understand - so I'll opt for that one tomorrow, thanks so much for speaking in words of one syllable! :thumb:

Windows 7, Algill.

Thanks all, and I'll keep you posted chaps!

OP
OP
sedge

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
YAY !

Thank you so much, I knew it had to be simple and it was!

Then Pete said do mine then, would it let me? kept saying it already had em ....

Well it didn't of course, what it had was my photos off my identical phone which were also called eg Image0001 etc ...... So I renumbered mine on the puter and then downloaded his.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! :Doh:

You see I can be entirely logical, it's just that I don't always follow the same logic as a computer does - since the engineer who built the PC between my ears were all far more advanced than the ones who Packard Bell employ ...... ! :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
YAY !

Thank you so much, [HI]I knew it had to be simple[/HI] and it was!

Then Pete said do mine then, would it let me? kept saying it already had em ....

Well it didn't of course, what it had was my photos off my identical phone which were also called eg Image0001 etc ...... So I renumbered mine on the puter and then downloaded his.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy! :Doh:

[HI]You see I can be entirely logical[/HI], it's just that I don't always follow the same logic as a computer does - since the engineer who built the [HI]PC between my ears[/HI] were all far more advanced than the ones who Packard Bell employ ...... ! :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:I'm saying NOTHING.......

........except maybe, get a 9 year old boy to do it.....I've got a couple you could borrow:roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::roflmto::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back