I Am Really, Really Jealous... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
In any developing society there are always iconic moments that are recorded in the history and fables of that group...

... in the short life of Motorhome Fun, Peterborough 2012 will go down in its history... I can see in the decades to come, future Funsters standing around the solar heated, luminous marquee listening to tales from the old hands of what it was like in P. Two Twelve...

These youngsters' jaws will drop as they hear how huge tractors pulled out 45 ton RVs out of 3 foot deep ruts... for only £50 (plus tip)...

But there will be one old hand, puffing on an worn, well used pipe (electronic) sitting in the corner surrounded by a circle of adoring followers...

Newbies on asking "Who is that?" will be informed in hushed tones...

"That's Grommet... not only was he at P. Two Twelve and posted photos from the front but also he drove off site in his solar powered self-build with out needing a tow..." and a sigh of admiration will be heard going around the tent...

I could have been that man if only I had been there... :Sad:

JJ :Cool:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
GROMETT..........................The Stuff of LEGENDS.

Grandads will look at their Grandchldren with a smug nay Proud look on their face and that look will say all when the gandchild says "Grandad were you there?"

I was there in the Bad one of two twelve. Their jaws will drop.......

Again beautifully written JJ
:thumb:

Last edited:

peter H

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2008
Neath, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Nearly 4 years
Perhaps what we need is a system of merit or recognition awards on here.

ISP - in your signature maybe for "I Survived Peterborough."

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
anyone want to buy some genuine P12 mud?

Anyone want top buy some of the Peterborough 2012 mud? genuine.. worth a fortune in a few years:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will be here tomorrow, so will see if Gromet gets towed off or not

Bob:Sad:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You are making me blush JJ :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have a funny feeling it is Maz in her Tag that will get off without a tractor tomorrow as her pitch doesn't have a moat around it like mine. I am surrounded on all sides by trenches dug by tractors and front wheel drive wheel spinning motorhomes :Doh:

I have a meter run up to get through 5 meters of 12" deep mud. Not sure it is enough but will give it a go. Looking forward to it should be fun :ROFLMAO:

Agree with Popeye. Bob and Jane did a fantastic job as did the other Marshalls :clap:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo was sat smug in his RV watching, and not one single RV moved a foot,,We are not talking about the whimps that parked a foot from the road here, but the heros who went dead centre
Why was he so smug? he had his all terrain mud and snow driving wheels on that's why
With such skill he selected reverse and his grin widened as he moved slowly backward to the beckoning tarmac surface, he managed some 40 feet before being caught out by an under water trap laid by a numpty driver some time before, his heart as well as his wheels sank and it was game over, back wheels only 10ft from savior but 10 foot to far:RollEyes:
Hope to get a mention in dispatches if not a medal:Cool:
G

SPUD'N'T

Free Member
Aug 25, 2008
YORK ENGLAND
Funster No
MH
COACHBUILT (LOW PROFILE)
Exp
since 2008
I think we were moored next to grommit, he got his genny out this afternoon and "dug in", a real trooper, made me feel like a propper wimp as we had booked for the full monty but bottled it this afternoon

plus I agree hats off to Bob and Jane and all those who helped

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
10' short does not count

Geo was sat smug in his RV watching, and not one single RV moved a foot,,We are not talking about the whimps that parked a foot from the road here, but the heros who went dead centre
Why was he so smug? he had his all terrain mud and snow driving wheels on that's why
With such skill he selected reverse and his grin widened as he moved slowly backward to the beckoning tarmac surface, he managed some 40 feet before being caught out by an under water trap laid by a numpty driver some time before, his heart as well as his wheels sank and it was game over, back wheels only 10ft from savior but 10 foot to far:RollEyes:
Hope to get a mention in dispatches if not a medal:Cool:
G

10' short wins no medals...

Rick gets the longest pulled backwards award and for making the deepest ruts... followed by Ben needing two tractors and dug some impressive ruts himself with 16" wheels.

Destination Unknown gets a very minor mention being hauled off frontwards (That is the mention) but he was only 2' from the road facing on to it.

But I am sad to say the RV's have faired no better than the eurobox front wheel drives. The only thing the RV's have done is make bigger ruts... now all filled with water.. very dangerous if you are on foot.

The sun broke through at 18.00 hours.. weak, but yes it was sun

Bob

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
if its become the norm to give the tractor driver a fiver,then slobabob will still be sat on the same pitch for next years meet:ROFLMAO:
slobabob part with a fiver!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Sue says it will cost me £10

if its become the norm to give the tractor driver a fiver,then slobabob will still be sat on the same pitch for next years meet:ROFLMAO:
slobabob part with a fiver!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sue said it will cost me £10.... I am facing the road.. 4' off.. but the car trailer is connected.. as I have no tow eyes on the Ford E350 chassis and Ford say do not tow with a strop. I have to be pulled backwards and round in a 180 degree turn to get on the road.. but the trailer has to be disconnected and moved out of the way then back to the RV.. so it will be a two tractor move.. so £10 she thinks:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bob:Blush:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I am surrounded on all sides by trenches dug by tractors and front wheel drive wheel spinning motorhomes :Doh:

I have a meter run up to get through 5 meters of 12" deep mud. Not sure it is enough but will give it a go.

Wow....when they turn this into a movie, Bruce Willis can only play one of these parts, but I can't decide which!

"Ar-mud-geddon"

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Sue said it will cost me £10.... I am facing the road.. 4' off.. but the car trailer is connected.. as I have no tow eyes on the Ford E350 chassis and Ford say do not tow with a strop. I have to be pulled backwards and round in a 180 degree turn to get on the road.. but the trailer has to be disconnected and moved out of the way then back to the RV.. so it will be a two tractor move.. so £10 she thinks:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Bob:Blush:

I gave the tractor driver (Richard) a tenner today when he towed me off the field together with the toad attached so for your lot Bob I should say you should be forking out at least £50:winky:

I have to say that he was very pleasant and very appreciative even though he was soaking wet and working like a Trojan:thumb:
Brian

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
It's about time one of our literary geniuses came up with a poem about all this, or better still we could have a film made, now who would play the main characters? I reckon Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for Bob and Jane.:ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
those with toads on a frames should have pushed with the toad and pulled with the eurobox.

well they say you need 4 wheel drive in those conditions.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
When my grandrunts ask "Have you met Grommit, grandad?" I will say with pride "no, but he once told me to naff off on a forum".

Wow....when they turn this into a movie, Bruce Willis can only play one of these parts, but I can't decide which!

"Ar-mud-geddon"

Willis to ply Grommit.

It's about time one of our literary geniuses came up with a poem about all this, or better still we could have a film made, now who would play the main characters? I reckon Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for Bob and Jane.:ROFLMAO:

Yeah.
Sounds like they did a sterling job.
Angelina Jolie?????
Now that WOULD be a dodgy di!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )

Not a poem but an epitaph perhaps ?

I came

I sank

I went

And the only reason we went there was to buy some blue for number one son and a foot of 1 1/4" flexi for out new waste management system ..

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It's about time one of our literary geniuses came up with a [HI]poem[/HI] about all this, or better still we could have a film made, now who would play the main characters? I reckon Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie for Bob and Jane.:ROFLMAO:

"I just Did".....Broken Link Removed.....:thumb:

dj motormouth

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
RV A Class
Exp
since 2011
Not a poem but an epitaph perhaps ?

I came

I sank

I went

And the only reason we went there was to buy some blue for number one son and a foot of 1 1/4" flexi for out new waste management system ..

Or

I stayed

If it had not been for a tractor

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Or

I stayed

If it had not been for a tractor

Veritably; William McGonagle re-incarnated.

There once was a Funster from Crewe
(Nowhere near Crewe but WTF rhymes with Thetford?) (and he isn't even from there either! :ROFLMAO:)
Who went to a show for some blue.
When he got there
He hadn't a care -
Until he got stuck in the goo.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
I am surprised at you lot especially JJ........::bigsmile:..........can you not see through Gromet's master plan...........those trenches around his van he dug, he cares not if he is still marooned for next weeks truckfest and even if he is still there for P213..........as long as he has had a free pitch for the year.

The world of fulltiming will hold him aloft as a shining example :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back