from 2pin electric to 12 volt? (1 Viewer)

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Does anyone know if you can put a 12 volt plug in place of the 2 pin electric plug that comes with an electric toothbrush and charge it up that way?
I want to know as I might need to charge toothbrush up when not on EHU, haven't used a normal toothbrush for years.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Does anyone know if you can put a 12 volt plug in place of the 2 pin electric plug that comes with an electric toothbrush and charge it up that way?
I want to know as I might need to charge toothbrush up when not on EHU, haven't used a normal toothbrush for years.

definitely NO .. it won't charge , it may cause damage

if you need to charge I suggest a small 150watt inverter .. but from what I hear it must be a true sine wave . Tooth brush chargers don't like quasi sine wave

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

Nice pillion........
...................I purchased an electric (single AA or AAA) toothbrush for use on the boat. The thing hasn't had a battery change yet, and that's over a year. It seems to last a lot longer than my rechargeable one in the house and it's a very comfortable tooth-brush to use, just a slightly fatter handle.........:thumb:

..........I'll definitely get another couple for the Wagon.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It certainly won't charge on 12v as it needs AC not DC although they are usually voltage tolerant between 110 and 240v.

I don't know about needing pure sine wave, it may be a bit of a myth, like needing a pure sine wave one for a laptop (which run off DC via transformer/rectifier anyway).

When I am next up at my van I will experiment, as if it will work with a modified square wave inverter you could use one of the plug in ones which are quite cheap.
I am also changing from battery operated toothbrushes in the van to mains rechargeable as these are much more effective tooth cleaning wise.

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks but this was a new toothbrush bought a month ago to replace an older one, didn't think of the battery operated models, £35 down the drain then?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Still cheaper option..............

Broken Link Removed

Attachments

• colgate.jpg
    colgate.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 51
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
To Jaws,was going to click on the like button but instead of the like button..... here is a dislike.....:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dont blame you..
Makes me wonder how on earth anyone can let their mouth get in quite such a state !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what is wrong with an ordinary toothbrush? no batteries, and gives you a little exercise as well, some people just have not got the hang of this low energy living have they:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back