BACON ROLLS CANCELLED - No joke (1 Viewer)

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:Sad: BACON ROLLS :cry:
CANCELLED

Very sorry to disappoint those Funsters who were prepared to slop around holding onto bacon rolls and hot drinks. We have decided it would be mad to go ahead with the event. Sunday's weather is expected to be worse...The tractors will already be far too busy pulling vans out of the mud let alone extricating gas cylinders and barbecues from the goo :ROFLMAO: So thanks for the earlier offers of loans of equipment but at least you will not have to pressure wash the stuff off again!

The marquees are to be left up and we hope to see some Funsters in there this evening to have a good laugh with. No doubt we will be there Sunday morning too for a chat with anyone that wants to bring their hot drinks and have a gossip and some biscuits.

The Dodgy Dip is also not going ahead, only sold three tickets so far, the thought is that some of us (but not us :RollEyes:) will be leaving as early as tractors can be rousted, so any winners may be heading home....

Such a shame that the drought conditions have cast a very wet shadow over the Peterborough Show usually such a great and enjoyable event.

Once again, our apologies. Jane & Bob

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Certainly no one should blame you two for that decision Bob and Jane - you have done a fantastic job of getting people in and welcomed in what must be one of the worst weather conditions for a rally ever seen at this time of the year - I have this feelingt that many may call it quits today as there does not seem any let up until about 4 or 5 pm.

Many thanks for your efforts which have been much appreciated

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
If it's any consolation .......

The weather here in Montalivet (Aquitaine) is also appalling, Hollyberry and I have been holed up in our respective vans for a week now with incessant rain !! Thank goodness for the Sat dish fitted last year !.......Fantastic recipe for 3 cheese Cauliflower Cheese on the tv this morning !
If only I could get to the Saturday market to get the ingredients !! boo hoo !:cry::cry::cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I am drawing up plans for an Ark as I have now developed webbed feet.

Worst weather I've seen in 5 years in France.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Guys I am so sorry you are all having a miserable time at the Peterborough show, but just to let you know today is the best day up here in two weeks; the sun is shining and the windows are open letting in all the lovely warm air.

I know this does not make any of you any more cheeful, but it does wonders for us.

Norman

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just opened the blinds and half the vans around me have gone already:cry:

There are more people queuing up for the tractor than bacon rolls at the moment. I can see at least 4 others waiting for the tractor....

Shame really. Me being a lazy fulltimer, I am going to stick it out and make the most of the yorkshire pudding company catering van ::bigsmile:

See the brave ones in the tent tonight :winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think you made the right decision

Sue and I both think you made the right decision... for those lucky enough not to be here.. it is getting worse by the hour.

We have been into the show again this morning.. not nice .. rain, rain and more rain.. stopped by JIM's emporium .. he was cheerful ... visited other traders like Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner... again cheerful given the weather and mud.

We have now put some faces to names.. nice to meet so many of the people we have exchange banter and debate with.

But I can only confirm Bob & Jane's views it is one big mud bath...would not say it was fun watching the tractors at work, as no one wants to get stuck in the mud.. but I have seen some silly driving.. either to fast or with a led boot.... two stuck in BrownHills area near us.. but had no idea of how to leave the pitch... long waits now for the tractors.

We are here to Monday whatever...

Big thank you to the Marshall's Bob & Jane and those that are helping them.. great job given the weather.. you have done more than anyone can expect of you... we appreciate it... :thanks2:

Bob & Sue + Ezzie

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well, first Peterborough Show we have missed in 5 years, looks like we made the right choice :RollEyes:

What a shame the weathers not great, but, I reckon your all still having a good time.

You can't change the weather.

And, think of all those Pigs breathing a big sigh of relief that you have taken that decision Bob & Jane.

I hope you get a medal after this.

As Nikki and I know only too well, being a Marshal is hard at the best of times, but doing it when your amongst all of this rain is a thankless task. :thumb:

good luck guys and please send us plenty of photos of Tractor Extractions, Im a Tractor fan. :thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just glad i missed this one.....almost booked (boss allowing time off that is :Angry:) as i haven't been to Peterborough show before.

as for the bacon and rolls......a lot of freezer space and use next time....rolls, a largely populated duck pond :thumb::roflmto:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
The Peterborough show, must have cost lots of dough,

But the Funsters will enjoy, No Matter,

I said to the wife, "Getting out will be Strife"

Then along came a guy with a Tractor......................:ROFLMAO:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1R-IlwWpQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl1R-IlwWpQ[/ame]

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Guys I am so sorry you are all having a miserable time at the Peterborough show, but just to let you know today is the best day up here in two weeks; the sun is shining and the windows are open letting in all the lovely warm air.

I know this does not make any of you any more cheeful, but it does wonders for us.

Norman

Yes, I have to add to this as well. We've had great weather in the south of Scotland all this week, brilliant sunshine yesterday, cut the grass:thumb:
It's sunny again today, with a few clouds, but sadly heavy rain on the way tomorrow, it's coming northwards from south of the border!
Who said it always rains in Scotland?:winky:
Margaret::bigsmile:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Its sunny in Calais, just had lunch, smoked salmon. We also had some nice crispy bacon butties for breakfast.

Ah well back to Blighty on Monday..

People have been swiming in the sea over here, and NO MUD.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Sorry you guys are having such a wet time of it, sounds a bit like the Northern show last year. There they closed the show lunchtime on the Sunday and traders were packed and moving off by 3pm and cheshire showground is very well draining so although we had a lot of water laying on the roadways the ground itself wasnt too bad and drivable on even with a top coat of water in places.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Its sunny in Calais, just had lunch, smoked salmon. We also had some nice crispy bacon butties for breakfast.

Ah well back to Blighty on Monday..

People have been swiming in the sea over here, and NO MUD.

Stocking up on your Piat d'or Dave? :roflmto:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Fingers crossed for nicer weather for Ipswich.

Bob and Jane, we know you must have made a huge effort over there at the Showground and we feel sad the great British weather has thwarted your efforts.
As Jeff (in the Hymer with the two black labs) will tell you, "If it ain't raining, it ain't training!" (old Army saying), so chins up and use the bad experience to better prepare for the future!
The next Funsters meet should be in Spain!:roflmto:

In the meantime, we'll try and make it up by bringing over a bottle or five at the White Horse meet.

To all the other Funsters there, show your appreciation for the marshalls by giving them a push at home time!:thumb:

MrMotorhome

Funster
Deceased RIP
May 19, 2009
Funster No
Peterborough Tractor and Farm Machinery Show

We are home and it's stopped raining at last. Thank you Bob and Jane for waving us in and out! You are both brilliant. Also many thanks to everyone else who were helping out.

Well we have been to two Motorhome Fun Rallies this year and have had to be pulled out by tractors at both sites.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Checking the long range forecast for Newbury to go for a hat trick.

See you all soon.:Cool:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We are home and it's stopped raining

Well we have been to two Motorhome Fun Rallies this year and have had to be pulled out by tractors at both sites.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Checking the long range forecast for Newbury to go for a hat trick.

See you all soon.:Cool:

let us know which shows you are going to------
we will know which ones NOT to go to:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Nigel & Pamala

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Bob & Jane
We REALLY do feel for you this weekend-----like Haganap --it's the first Peterborough we have missed for many years:Sad:
BUT at Whitby we have been blessed with dry weather most of the weekend---this afternoon we spent wandering around town in the sun:thumb:
We had a prize for the best dressed Goth at the meet (VERY hard to pick a winner:Doh: so many really good outfits)-------the prize was a set of 'track-mats'-------------------but the winner won't have the chance to try them out------NO MUD on site:cry::cry::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Anyone passing in the morning will be welcome to bacon butties:winky::winky::thumb:

Nigel & Pamala-------sunny Yorkshire

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am really sorry the weather turned out so bad for you all, should have come to Wildies birthday bash last weekend, no mud, mainly dry, and all that free wine/cider and food. Never mind I'll have another freebie in another 65 years you are all welcome to attend.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
please God tell me he cannot live that long

I am really sorry the weather turned out so bad for you all, should have come to Wildies birthday bash last weekend, no mud, mainly dry, and all that free wine/cider and food. Never mind I'll have another freebie in another 65 years you are all welcome to attend.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Please God tell me he cannot live that long... not another 65 years.... that would not be fair:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Travelbug1

Free Member
Aug 12, 2010
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 yr
Thanks to Jane and Bob for advising us not to try to get onto the campsite, we went as day visitors in the end so parked on hardstanding, we managed to collect our name badges and meet Jim & Sian as well as buying a few bits we needed.

Good job we had wellies & brollies as boy did we need them, some parts of ground were very muddy with big puddles.
Shame we couldn't camp due to the weather causing so much chaos but look forward to another fun meet with sunshine.

Back home in the warm now, thanks everyone.
Mrs Travelbug1

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9

Book me in then Roger. :thumb:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Not met any Funsters yet but booked for Newbury show, reading all about Peterborough, sounds great fun ............ Wine,weather and wisdom. not mentioned Bacon as this did not start with a W
The banter and chat on this site beats any t.v / radio NEWS . everybody seems to report this show down as another experience, not as a pass or failure.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Not met any Funsters yet but booked for Newbury show, reading all about Peterborough, sounds great fun ............ Wine,weather and wisdom. [HI]not mentioned Bacon[/HI] as this did not start with a W
The banter and chat on this site beats any t.v / radio NEWS . everybody seems to report this show down as another experience, not as a pass or failure.

Wet bacon would :ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We will be at Newbury

Not met any Funsters yet but booked for Newbury show, reading all about Peterborough, sounds great fun ............ Wine,weather and wisdom. not mentioned Bacon as this did not start with a W

Providing we are out of the mud here, we will be at Newbury.. hope to see you there...

Normally the meets are very good... cannot fault Bob & Jane and those that gave a hand.. that side as usual was 100%.. the weather even Bob has not control over...

It happens and that is life... I am going on for a service and MOT to Star Spangled Spanner .. Duncan .. but he is bogged down in the mud in the traders area and I suspect he will be here tomorrow like us.

But we are dependent on his services so we will just take it as it comes.

Even to bad today for the disabled scooters.

Bob:cry:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
everybody seems to report this show down as another experience, not as a pass or failure.

It is certainly an experience :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I don't regret coming however....

Groundskeeper Willy has his work cut out though after we leave....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back