Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Camping aside, what's the show itself like? I'm wondering whether to brave a visit, but if it's a mud bath I might not bother? Early reply appreciated!

Cheers Mike

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Same ,rain getting worse ,considering giving it best and heading home:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M1ke

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
I am 10 miles from Peterborough and it is pouring here. Just seen a weather forecast and they say that tomorrow (Sunday) will be the wettest day of the year and likely to rain all day without letup in East Anglia.

Shame I was hoping to pick up a bargain at the show, and in particular a thermal silver screen :Sad:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Loveley (ish) here in Cannock..::bigsmile:
Just been in the garden and now on a tea break... Enjoy the rain !!!!:ROFLMAO:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
peterborough conditions

Going tomorrow as a day visitoe in the car, anyone know if the car parks are OK, also, what's it like in the show area'a themselves please.:Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
to answer the question

To answer the question.. Been up to the show, both yesterday and today.

Usual traders and a few new faces. .. i.e JIM selling his tyre pressure fairy lights... purchase 14 of them...

The calorgas truck was doing a roaring trade.. as was the site shop... second go at the donuts today.

Lots of odd ball traders in the cattle sheds.. I purchased a very nice set of German knives and a chopping board.. some clothes stalls and shoe stalls to keep Sue happy. Lots to spend your money on.. even the Cobb UK stall was here selling the Cobb units.. I collected 9 of the 6 packs of stones (6 for me and 3 for the Griffs for Malvern delivery).

Lots of motor homes for sale.. a few RV's and overs for sale and demountables as well. Several stalls selling disabled scooters.. lots of stalls with pet related items. Light bulbs as in LED type.. sausages - couple of stalls.. very mixed bunch this year. Spread over a large area in and out.. do need wet weather gear.

Bob

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
shame about the show, big hand for the brave funsters:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

nice here in doncaster, just going to take my grandson to feed the ducks and extra large koi in the dome lake, Im glad I pulled baby sitter duty this weekend now::bigsmile:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Don't knoww what you're all on about its fine here in slightly damp Peterborough. We had a mud wrestling grudge match this afternoon in front of our trailer between Eddie from Van Btiz and Chris Wise from Autogas 2000 in mankinis (they're big lads and can stand the cold better than me:Eeek:) Eddie won with a triple reverse suplex manouvre that I've only ever seen attempted once before and that was with the aid of a safety net, today's match included no such H&S BS, Chris made a big splash and retired disgracefully giving the result to Eddie, shame really becuase up till then Chis was ahead on points.

Midday tomorrow we arre hosting the Cambridgeshire bog snorkling championship finals, they're being held here becaue the Norfolk broads are being severely affected by the current drought!

D.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back