Bikes towing trailers question (1 Viewer)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
A bit of a stab in the dark here. Does anybody know the position regarding a solo motorcycle towing a trailer in France/Spain. Do you have to carry emergency triangles? I know solo motorcycles don't, presumably because of lack of space but with a trailer that is not necessarily a problem.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
to be honest i have never thought about it. but if you contact watsonian squire ltd northwick business centre blockley gloucester they may know they also can give you all the specs for towing regards weights etc. tel 01386 700907 .always find them very helpfull.
also they have a great range of trailers for bikes and trikes.
www.watsonian-squire.com

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
we have towed all over europe with our wing and trailer and never carried a triangle(mind you the wing never broke down , so perhaps never got the chance to find out off the local law), when travelling down to madrid the motorway police would follow us for a while (the spanish wingers were not allowed to tow trailers, but we were as we were visitors) so perhaps a check with gwocgb could answer your questions, as there are still many wingers still doing the foriegn treffens.:winky::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Possibly not a requirement as the trailer needs 2 reflective triangles on the back ? :Smile:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
You could check with Duncan the inter rep of GWOCGB, he can get the full rules from his opposite number in France/Spain

Nick

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
up to about four years ago before we got the motorhome we have towed a bike trailer regularly through France never had any problems:thumb: (unbelievably best bike I ever had to tow with was a V Max!)
Now take my Sportster on a trailer behind the motorhome so best of both worlds... bliss roll on June:Smile:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i used to tow a trailer behind my drifter . towed them better than some cars . it as towed the teardrop although it was too wide to be legal.
i know just settle for a dax in the trailer for bike rides when away. ease of getting it in and out . but its a shame the tear is too wide.
with some of the bikes these days they have more torque than cars .and engine sizes to make cars seem babies . certainly my 1500 is fantastic . not fast but pulls cars to bump start easy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back