Spain in the winter (1 Viewer)

Apr 26, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can anyone tell me of any good sites in Spain betweenxmas and new year good for kids :

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We always like Benidorm.. great winter destination, not everyones cup of tea but lots to do, great beach front, entertainment everywhere etc etc.
Camping villasol is our prefed site. It's not all beer and bingo. ::bigsmile:

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
benidormo

Totally agree its the best place to go in the winter for cheap prices & entertainment cheers Rod

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We always like Benidorm.. great winter destination, not everyones cup of tea but lots to do, great beach front, entertainment everywhere etc etc.
Camping villasol is our prefed site. It's not all beer and bingo. ::bigsmile:

Gets my vote. It's half a mile to one of the most glorious beaches you'll ever see. Sheltered by the rest of Spain so as good as you'll get in winter.

Yes there is beer and bingo, but that's optional. There's probably a bit of late night chaos some nights but it will be half a mile away. Daytime we saw loads of youngsters enjoying cheap beer and good live music, brought a smile to my face.

What the popularity brings is every form of food and shopping you could ever dream off and I guess they'll all be open all year.

But The Big Question is "how do you get there ?". My current thinking for winter sun is fly in and hire an apartment. More comfortable than MH, cheaper to get there ( for 2 anyway ), apartments cost about the same as a pitch.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Try Marjal they have everything for the kids:thumb:

I think that's over generous.

A nice beach to tire them out -- 20 miles.

Nice shops and restaurants to visit -- 20 miles.

Education -- oh yes, "why is she sat there dad ?". "Oh that's a Lady of the Night doing the afternoon shift". "What's a Lady of the Night dad ?".

Sep 14, 2009
uffculm mid devon
Funster No
MH
swift royale 59
Exp
benidorm

Hi Brian i think your right about the apartment thing we have booked for this winter about half the price but still miss the campsite life & the campsite is just over the road anyway cheers Rod

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
but still miss the campsite life & the campsite is just over the road anyway cheers Rod

Always compromises.

Where have you booked ? I've done a limited amount of research so far, first look was Nerja, glorious place but is it in winter ?

Benidorm has sheer scale so should not be like a graveyard and a big PLUS is the railway. For a few Euros you can visit a great long length of coast for a change of scenery.

An alternative is Altea, not so "Blackpool" but I suspect will die in winter, though I might be wrong. There was a whole mass of nice Netherlanders in Cap Blanche when we were there in Feb, they'd been all winter.

What was dramatic and quite sad, was Vilasol emptying at the end of March, they left in hoards, Brits and Dutch safe to return home ( so they thought ).

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
so brian carry on the story . is this like a secret life story you are about to tell us.
have you been reading to many of those mags .hee hee .we thought they were just waiting for a bus.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Education -- oh yes, "why is she sat there dad ?". "Oh that's a Lady of the Night doing the afternoon shift". "What's a Lady of the Night dad ?".[/QUOTE]

Lovely white chair though :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back