M6 Toll discounts (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
An interesting advert in this months CC magazine, CC members driving motorhomes or towing caravans who show their membership card at the Toll booth will pay the same rate as passenger cars, a saving of £4.50 at peak price times:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Odd idea.

Motorhomes go slowly to save fuel, so why pay the Danegeld to go on a road that is for going quickly.

Illogical captain.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Although I've been on it a couple of times, I don't think it's ever saved me much time. Just get to the next holdup a bit quicker. Might be different at peak times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Odd idea.

Motorhomes go slowly to save fuel, so why pay the Danegeld to go on a road that is for going quickly.

Illogical captain.

not to illogical, once those major works on the M6 were completed those peak hold ups largely disappeared, and so did the major time delays (you can always expect some delay on that M6 stretch).

But be warned, there were M6 S/B lane closure immediately after M5 earlier this week, so some delays could be expected again and the toll road may look appealing at car rates.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
An interesting advert in this months CC magazine, CC members driving motorhomes or towing caravans who show their membership card at the Toll booth will pay the same rate as passenger cars, a saving of £4.50 at peak price times:thumb:

This puzzles me? When I drive through Dartford Tunnel my motorhome is a car, when I use M6 Toll I am a van. Now either I am a van or a car, but this "discount" seems to imply I am only a car if I belong to CC.
Why should the M6 toll company discriminate; either I am a car or a van and my membership of any club should be irrelevant?

Norman

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back