Aug 30, 2011
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
Hi Folks
We're heading off for a month in Provence 7th June to 5th July. Whilst SWMBO is swooning at lavender fields and Frenchmen does anyone have any ideas where I might fling some fluff - Fly Fishing for trout or grayling ideally. Cheers

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome to Fun

Im sure there will be a funster or two that should be able to help you out on the fishing front

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:welcomefunster:Hello and welcome to motorhome fun, the forum may be a little quiet for a few days as 100 members are at the Peterorough show and another rally at Whitby.

If you don't get any replies about the fishing I would put a post on about Fishing in France.

Lavender fields amazing, food great...on the men I could not possibly comment.:RollEyes:

PS...Your thread title may be plain to fishermen just not to a lavender likeing woman like me good luck with it anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Isle sur-la-Sorge !!!

It's my favorite area down their. Fished it many many times now and had some great Chub, Grayling and Trout fishing.

Be aware that dry is almost impossible and you have to resort to the wonderfully termed Upstream Nymphing for the Silver backs, the trout also.

Read Charles Rangley-Wilson, he wrote a whole chapter on Isle, it's just a great place to fish, but very very hard as well.

Antique markets for SWMBO whilst you cool off in the waders, my perfect holiday.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Forgot to add that the old fishing shop in Isle closed 2yrs back and that was a real shame as Rene the owner always gave good fly recommendations and most of the locals will not tell you anything where as Rene would, he's around some where but not sure where...

OP
OP
S

SURWAYA

Free Member
Aug 30, 2011
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
Forgot to add that the old fishing shop in Isle closed 2yrs back and that was a real shame as Rene the owner always gave good fly recommendations and most of the locals will not tell you anything where as Rene would, he's around some where but not sure where...

Very many thanks for the good wishes from all and in particular Ridgeway for the knowledge. That's very useful 'stuff' that I'll follow-up with gusto. Don't overly mind nymphing ( for those that don't fluffchuck - that's not what you think it means!) Cheers:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
cant help with the fishing, but welcome,:shout:

looking at your location+ avatar you are probibly close to my location:thumb:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
for those that don't fluffchuck - that's not what you think it means!) Cheers:thumb:

Standing with thigh high rubber boots and looking for the right nymph, this describes many of my holidays:Eeek:

Good luck and enjoy

PS: small rod, light lines: think chalk stream

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Originally Posted by SURWAYA Link Removed
for those that don't fluffchuck - that's not what you think it means!) Cheers:thumb:

Standing with thigh high rubber boots and looking for the right nymph, this describes many of my holidays:Eeek:

I dont know 'fluffchuck and nymphs' this thread will do nothing for blood pressure of some as their imaginations will be working in overdrive:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
I dont know 'fluffchuck and nymphs' this thread will do nothing for blood pressure of some as their imaginations will be working in overdrive:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:[/QUOTE]

Fisherman need vivid imaginations, well I do at least, it's the only thing that keeps me going when I can't get a take on my nymph :Smile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+

Good luck and enjoy

I dont know 'fluffchuck and nymphs' this thread will do nothing for blood pressure of some as their imaginations will be working in overdrive:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Fisherman need vivid imaginations, well I do at least, it's the only thing that keeps me going when I can't get a take on my nymph :Smile:[/QUOTE]

We know favourite fisherman imagination i think is ...... it was this...............................................................big

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Wooooooo! Thigh high rubber boots!:Cool:

Right, better get some work done methinks!
Margaret

OP
OP
S

SURWAYA

Free Member
Aug 30, 2011
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010

Good luck and enjoy

Thanks for the replies. Just come in from the shed where I've been watching 'drought' fall from the skies whilst tying up some nymphs - ooooh! matron. Enough inuendo for one thread me thinks. Onwards

OP
OP
S

SURWAYA

Free Member
Aug 30, 2011
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2010
cant help with the fishing, but welcome,:shout:

looking at your location+ avatar you are probibly close to my location:thumb:

Hi there. Yep just down the M18 at Bramley. To think of it, I'm sure I've seen your distinctive registration around and about. We're 'AEO 2 RAF' Autocruise Augusta - I'll wave like a mad man when I see you next. Cheers

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi there. Yep just down the M18 at Bramley. To think of it, I'm sure I've seen your distinctive registration around and about. We're 'AEO 2 RAF' Autocruise Augusta - I'll wave like a mad man when I see you next. Cheers

yepo not to far away....I look out for you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back