Globesat satellite dish D2213 (1 Viewer)

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Been looking at one of these satellite systems, are they any good?
Has anyone replaced their Status 530 with one of these? and is it a fairly straight forward job:Smile:

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
since 2011 after tugging.
Item looks very good and i would like to know also ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If its the one that looks like a flying saucer they are very good indeed. They are only 60 cm but work as well as a 80 cm. I had one on my RV and it worked better than a 100 cm Oyster. The only problem is the pole is difficult to use and I converted it to the Katherine pole.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Geoffers

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Item looks very good and i would like to know also ?
I never did find out about these, so wound up with a camos flatsat, which I am more than pleased and a doddle to fit if your brave enough drill in hole through the roof.
Still kept the status driving the rear tv as well as the main one so choice of freeview, or sky & FTA:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Has anyone replaced their Status 530 with one of these? and is it a fairly straight forward job:Smile:

The Globesat is a very efficient dish as Dave says:thumb:had one on my Swift, also Jock is running one currently and has been for a few years with little trouble performance wise, although he did have a problem with the lift system once
Only problem I forsee is if the Status 530 hole is close to edge of van despite its small size the Globestat may over hang the side as its a good bit wider than the Status mast head:Doh:
Tape measure time
Geo

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The Globesat, Kathrien, and Status poles are all the same diameter so all are interchangeable. If I remember right Roadpro used to sell the dish and pole seperatly and you could buy the Kathrien pole as an option. The Kathrien pole was streets ahead of the Globesat, it has a little red handle at the bottom with a chart that tells you how many turns are required for each country. I could have it working in less time than my Oyster took to go up.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

Globesat was fitted to my Burstner 615 (2004) as original equipment and works well with my Sky box. I've only had the van 6 months and raising the pole is a bit of a pain (it is 8 years old though) but using a signal meter it finds Sky without too much trouble. Worked well in France last month.
Good value for money:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The Globesat, Kathrien, and Status poles are all the same diameter so all are interchangeable.

Sounds ideal, another post (detailed above which i started) a poster said he thought the pole size differed so are you sure on this (would be great if you are) ?
If this is so can i just buy and swap then ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sounds ideal, another post (detailed above which i started) a poster said he thought the pole size differed so are you sure on this (would be great if you are) ?
If this is so can i just buy and swap then ?
The VW coachbuilt that I used to own had a status aerial on it that was no use to me with a sat box as I tour Europe. I took this off and fed the Kathrien pole straight in. I have changed the Globesat pole for a Katherien pole on several vans the same way. Unless your Status aerial is different to mine I see no problems. Its a 5 minute job. The only problem you may have is if the Status is close to the edge of the van as the advise the Globesat to be wound down in a north south configuration. My Katherien is a little of this as I have a roof vent stopping this happening,but to no problem.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
? Believe the Status pole is 36mm diameter, Globesat 30mm ?
Hope this helps

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi It was me that posted i thought it was a different size not 100% sure but im sure the globesat pole is slightly narrower than the status so all that was needed was a plate with a hole the size of the globesat pole and this was then fitted over the existing hole i was charged £40 but he also fitted a plate over the holes on the back where my reversing camarea had been removed(stolen)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have just had a look in the shed and there's 2 Globesat dishes and a Globesat pole in there. Will take them to Haganaps bring and buy meet if anyone's interested.

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I like what Gerry has and others, compared to a £1000.00 plus dome it seems a better option, i just have to sort the pole size out as i dont have the kit to make a plate etc.
This Katherine pole can anybody offer a link please ?

Re the dish and pole i would be interested but am not going to the show you mention, any other options ?

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Roadpro used to supply the Kathrien pole, give em a call. In my opinion the other type that you have to press a button to release it to push it up is not a good design.
The spare pole I have is this type unfortunately and although the dish is very good, the pole is not.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I like what Gerry has and others, compared to a £1000.00 plus dome it seems a better option, i just have to sort the pole size out as i dont have the kit to make a plate etc.
This Katherine pole can anybody offer a link please ?

Re the dish and pole i would be interested but am not going to the show you mention, any other options ?

Hi Paul
It was just a blank plate im sure you would get it at any caravan dealers and just drill hole and seal it to roof of van. Im sure if you ask on here someone will help and advise you on how to go about it. Even if you need to get someone to fit it still be quids in

If you want i can nip out and measure the size of pole and you could compare it to your status.

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi Paul
It was just a blank plate im sure you would get it at any caravan dealers and just drill hole and seal it to roof of van. Im sure if you ask on here someone will help and advise you on how to go about it. Even if you need to get someone to fit it still be quids in

If you want i can nip out and measure the size of pole and you could compare it to your status.

Many thanks Gerry,
i have emailed about 4 sellers of the dish asking how i can fit it to my Status (pretending i know nothing) to see if there is a simple way. If the tube is smaller then the clamp for my Status wont fit and the pole will be offset or something.
I am now happy to buy the dish just wish to learn more about its fit and this other pole that i can find nothing about, so far.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi again Paul when you buy the dish you get fittings with it also here is my way of trying to explain:ROFLMAO:

You get a small tube that goes through the roof of mh with threaded end, once this is in place you screw end plates on with washers. See told you its simple :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I bet thats made it clear as mud:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you need size or other info feel free to ask. The globesat pole is 30mm diameter im sure the status was 40mm

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001

The Globesat is a very efficient dish as Dave says:thumb:had one on my Swift, also Jock is running one currently and has been for a few years with little trouble performance wise, although he did have a problem with the lift system once
Only problem I forsee is if the Status 530 hole is close to edge of van despite its small size the Globestat may over hang the side as its a good bit wider than the Status mast head:Doh:
Tape measure time
Geo

Good advice from Geo reference the tape measure!
In addition,be aware that the pole is not central to the aerial when the aerial is stowed correctly. You need slightly more clearance at the back of the aerial than the front if you are going to follow the manufacturers recommendations for when the M/H is in transit.

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
The VW coachbuilt that I used to own had a status aerial on it that was no use to me with a sat box as I tour Europe. I took this off and fed the Kathrien pole straight in. I have changed the Globesat pole for a Katherien pole on several vans the same way. Unless your Status aerial is different to mine I see no problems. Its a 5 minute job. The only problem you may have is if the Status is close to the edge of the van as the advise the Globesat to be wound down in a north south configuration. My Katherien is a little of this as I have a roof vent stopping this happening,but to no problem.

Interesting thanks for this, would you have a link for this pole as i can find nothing ?

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi again Paul when you buy the dish you get fittings with it also here is my way of trying to explain:ROFLMAO:

You get a small tube that goes through the roof of mh with threaded end, once this is in place you screw end plates on with washers. See told you its simple :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I bet thats made it clear as mud:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If you need size or other info feel free to ask. The globesat pole is 30mm diameter im sure the status was 40mm

OK Gerry your on, i will, equipped with a hammer and can opener follow your instructions, does the dish fit in the wardrobe ok though:Doh:

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
One reply from a seller below, has to be a way of using my pole, any thoughts ?

Your customer is right...from memory with the Globesat pole only being 30mm in diameter it isn’t as big as the Status pole @ 40mm.
There isn’t any adaptor kit that we sell, it would be down to the customer to make something to pack the gap out etc.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Again Paul have a look you can buy a blanking plate for around £10 and if you drill it before fitting it should only need to line it up with the hole then and make sure you have plenty sealant on. Here's me telling you how to do it when i paid someone:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pvw10

Free Member
Mar 3, 2012
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi Again Paul have a look you can buy a blanking plate for around £10 and if you drill it before fitting it should only need to line it up with the hole then and make sure you have plenty sealant on. Here's me telling you how to do it when i paid someone:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Hi mate, what i was thinking of is having the new tube inside the old one but then thought no good as i need the clamp the pole up, as you say if i had a blanking plate with an off centre hole that would work but thats a tricky measure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back