Continental Breakdown Cover (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Does anybody know of a UK Insurance company that will provide ANNUAL continental breakdown cover for my Smart Car, which I tow for up to 10 months abroad.

Most only do 90 days - which is no good.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
The German firm ADAC cover you in any vehicle:thumb:Only £72ish for the yr
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
ADAC, the only one to consider!! ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
agree ADAC is the answer

I would consider ADAC annual cover for under £100 for you and partner.. covers the car plus a whole lot extra.. like loss keys, tow off mud, gets kids back to home or a pet.

ADAC is the German recovery company with 17m european members.. based out of Frankfurt.. it covers all countries around the med.. can even extend it to the USA/

They operate a fleet of helicopters, air ambulance and fleets of transporters.. well know to the racing car people to get cars back from the German race courses...

Bob:thumb:

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Does anybody know of a UK Insurance company that will provide ANNUAL continental breakdown cover for my Smart Car, which I tow for up to 10 months abroad.

Most only do 90 days - which is no good.

Comfort Insurance do 365 cover. We have our Hymer S700 and Smart Car + bantam trailer with them on Full timing policy. No trip limit (but only 182 days in any European country to comply with local laws). We have used the UK and Continental breakdown cover which is provided by RAC commercial and found it excellent. Claims are also well handled.

http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/

John

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I'm with Comfort, broke down on top of Pyrennees, breakdown truck with me within 20 minutes, can't beat that!

Think you will find that ADAC has a limit of 200 euros on recovery costs, not enough to cover you for motorway breakdown in France, Comfort has an overall limit on the incident with no inner limit on the recovery cost. That is preferable in my view.

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Comfort Insurance do 365 cover. We have our Hymer S700 and Smart Car + bantam trailer with them on Full timing policy. No trip limit (but only 182 days in any European country to comply with local laws). We have used the UK and Continental breakdown cover which is provided by RAC commercial and found it excellent. Claims are also well handled.

http://www.comfort-insurance.co.uk/

John

Thanks John, spoke to Comfort but the major problem was cost. Basically doubled the Safeguard premium & Safeguard have no time liimitations.

Have signed up with ADAC - €79 for a year. As long as I let them know when I settle down in Cabopino for the winter & change the address, they are happy. Very helpful call centre. Also, the added benefits of repatriation for illness means I'll save £400 on UK Travel/Medical Insurance. :thumb:

OP
OP
billkce
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
I'm with Comfort, broke down on top of Pyrennees, breakdown truck with me within 20 minutes, can't beat that!

Think you will find that ADAC has a limit of 200 euros on recovery costs, not enough to cover you for motorway breakdown in France, Comfort has an overall limit on the incident with no inner limit on the recovery cost. That is preferable in my view.

Fully agree with motorway scenario. But I'm only concerned with my Toad Smart Car which only wanders about 50kms from the van. ADAC will be great. And to re-emphasise, Comfort double their fees for anyone who spends more time in MH than at home. Dont like that.:Sad:

gorsty

Free Member
Aug 17, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
could any body tell me whether adac cover, will cover a 35 foot long 12.5 feet high rv as i have seen no refrence on here as i beleave a lot of people on here have c class motors thank you from a newbie
dave and beryl :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back