Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I had something up for sale by auction on ebay which ran for 10 days.
At one stage there were 94 watchers.
Good I thought lots of interest.

Not one bid!!!!

What exactly are all these people watching for if they don't intend to bid?

We are talking watchers here and not hits, before anyone says anything.

I now have it on Classified and the watchers are back, though not yet in the large numbers I had previously, but there is plenty of time left.

Pete:Cool:

Might have this in the wrong Forum but I'm sure someone will move it if it is.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I often watch

I had something up for sale by auction on ebay which ran for 10 days.
At one stage there were 94 watchers.
Good I thought lots of interest.

Not one bid!!!!

What exactly are all these people watching for if they don't intend to bid?

We are talking watchers here and not hits, before anyone says anything.

I now have it on Classified and the watchers are back, though not yet in the large numbers I had previously, but there is plenty of time left.

I often watch while I hunt for others of the same... cannot be bothered to remove the watched item from my list.

Other times I do bid and just leave it there in the wings so to speak so I do not tip my hand that I am bidding on an item... Then other times if it is a hard to find model and I want it for the collection I will put a very high bid (my maximum) and I know there will be a couple bids, but normally if they are out bid a few times I tend to win the item.. But the price I put on is intended to make sure I get it.. but as said it has to be one I need for the collection. Will watch duplicates of what I have.. sometime cheap and get a bargain for spares.

All part of the tatics
:thumb:
Bob

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
If you find something you MAY be interested in, adding it to watching is the easiest way to find it again.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i very often click the watch button . have no intentions of buying but it annoys the sellers it seems . might do it abit more . what you selling ?
also if you dont watch you dont get a chance to pull it back up for referance later on . go on tell us what your selling ., see the watchers go up.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I add things to my watch list for all of the above reasons..........I am also a last min bidder comes from many years of standing in auction rooms letting all the others trot the price up......if it then goes above what I am prepaired to pay then I don't bid at all.

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
It's probably other sellers monitoring the selling price because they have similar items to sell. Also it might be that some have phone Apps automatically watch certain items they have listed in their eBay search settings, though I can't confirm that.

In my experience a vast number of watchers doesn't necessarily mean it goes for a top price, it just means it's of interest to a lot of other sellers, especially sellers of collectables.

My better-selling items more often than not have around 10 watchers.

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
i very often click the watch button . have no intentions of buying but it annoys the sellers it seems . might do it abit more . [HI]what you selling ?[/HI]
also if you dont watch you dont get a chance to pull it back up for referance later on . go on tell us what your selling ., see the watchers go up.

This is what I'm selling. So can I expect the watchers count to rocket?:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well that looks like a good buy to me

This is what I'm selling. So can I expect the watchers count to rocket?:ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Now that looks a good buy for that item.. seems cheap enough to me.. surprised you have not had offers... yes put it on my watch list.. but I am an RV man.. but I would have thought it might interest someone..

Looks a nice rig....

Bob:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
must be worth 8 grand of anyones money . take it from here and save the ebay comm.

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Now that looks a good buy for that item.. seems cheap enough to me.. surprised you have not had offers... yes put it on my watch list.. but I am an RV man.. but I would have thought it might interest someone..

Looks a nice rig....

Bob:thumb:

I thought I'd priced it to sell, but apparently not. Maybe it's too cheap.:Eeek:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
to be honest its the navarro that puts folk off they dont have a very good reputation.
lots knacked their engines due to too smaller oilways . that and the clutch trouble . .7,500 .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Don't know much about fiver prices but why not stick it on at the lowest starting bid you will accept -say 14k and then see what it brings ? BIN prices are great if you want an item now but the auction may surprise you :winky: BTW I AM WATCHING NOW AND NO i DO NOT WANT IT ::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Don't know much about fiver prices but why not stick it on at the lowest starting bid you will accept -say 14k and then see what it brings ? BIN prices are great if you want an item now but the auction may surprise you :winky: BTW I AM WATCHING NOW AND NO i DO NOT WANT IT ::bigsmile:
terry

Tried it on lowest price as a starting bid and it was on 10 days but no bids,. That's why I switched to classified with best offer.
I'm getting the feeling that I'm stuck with it, so considering siting it as a summer home for me.

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
to be honest its the navarro that puts folk off they dont have a very good reputation.
lots knacked their engines due to too smaller oilways . that and the clutch trouble . .7,500 .

Well this Navarra has done 81,000 miles and much of that with the "beast" hooked up behind it, so if the engine or clutch was going to fail I think it would have happened by now.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Tried it on lowest price as a starting bid and it was on 10 days but no bids,. That's why I switched to classified with best offer.
I'm getting the feeling that I'm stuck with it, so considering siting it as a summer home for me.

I would try it again :thumb: it is now people start looking,(nothing much sells before April/may )although you have a small market with the fiver.
terry

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
To me, the story about how you picked it up a few weeks back in Spain and towed it back to the UK would put me off buying. Says you took a gamble and it didnt work out, so what are you not saying or showing in the pics?

Add to that the problems with the Nissan D22 engines failing prematurely and it doesnt look a bargain

OP
OP
Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
To me, the story about how you picked it up a few weeks back in Spain and towed it back to the UK would put me off buying. Says you took a gamble and it didnt work out, so what are you not saying or showing in the pics?

Add to that the problems with the Nissan D22 engines failing prematurely and it doesnt look a bargain

There is nothing wrong with it other than the batteries, awning and that it needs a valet, but I see your point.
As I said earlier the Nissan has done 81k without falling apart and all the Ramblers I've seen on my travels have been behind a Nissan.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi Pete, I am not having a go at all, and own a navara myself and belong to an owners forum.

Yes they are great cars, but large numbers the engine litterally self destructs at about 90k. Nissan have fixed many within warranty, but wont help with anything outside the 3 years. Thats why they are so cheap and the D40 is far more popular as a tow vehicle. You need to change the oil 6 monthly and keep it topped up, as this is the route cause of failures due to the sump design

As for the 5th wheel. it looks very nice, its just I found the description worrying. If you reworded it, I am certain it will sell with ease. You need to avoid making it sound like its been "lived in" in Spain and that your desperate to dispose of it.

I buy and sell allsorts at auctions, both online and real, so just passing on an honest opinion. Watchers are a fact of life with any auction, whether waiting to bid, checking prices or so that they can try a cheaper offer if it doesnt sell. When I am selling cars or anything high value, I often update the EBay auction to mention how many watchers it has. This makes it sound like a lot of people are after what your selling and will often draw in offers from people not wanting to miss out or grab a bargain

Anyway, all the best with selling, as I am sure it will sell soon if you word it right :thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
We have a JCB on as a Classified Ad and it's had nearly 1,500 hits. Crazy :Eeek: Are there really so many people looking to buy a JCB.

Only had 6 phone calls though. :Doh:

Sorry to be thick but how do we know if people are watching it?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We have a JCB on as a Classified Ad and it's had nearly 1,500 hits. Crazy :Eeek: Are there really so many people looking to buy a JCB.

Only had 6 phone calls though. :Doh:

Sorry to be thick but how do we know if people are watching it?

In "My EBay" go to Selling and click on the item in the list. the page will tell you how many visits and how many watchers. Not all page visits are individual viewers, it counts how many times its been viewed in total. This includes bots (software code) that scan through all sales automatically and index them to show on google etc. Thats why if you type into google the type of JCB your selling, it will on some pages list those being sold on EBay

As for sellling your JCB, its a buyers market at the moment with more being available than buyers. I took a look and some dealers have 30+ machines available and none marked as reserved. If you price it right it may sell, but its a big investment for most building firms etc at the present time with limited work available. Most I know have gone back to hiring in by the day to save the outlay and maintenance. I would say hang on to it if you can afford to, as prices will improve eventually.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We have used classifieds a few times, recently we put the motor home on it. It is 2k under recommended, and I would accept 3.5k under its recommended so it isn't over priced, and it's condition is fantastic. Not only that, but had even arranged a two year warranty - so you had a good deal!

I had the classifieds price, and also a 'make me an offer' - didn't have a single response!

Waste of money!, now gone in the local rag!:thumb:

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
"As for sellling your JCB, its a buyers market at the moment with more being available than buyers. I took a look and some dealers have 30+ machines available and none marked as reserved. If you price it right it may sell, but its a big investment for most building firms etc at the present time with limited work available. Most I know have gone back to hiring in by the day to save the outlay and maintenance. I would say hang on to it if you can afford to, as prices will improve eventually."

This is why we're busy so we want to sell a machine and buy a newer one. We're a hire company. Can't seem to get a decent trade in price and people keep recommending we sell it ourselves so giving it a go.

Thanks for the info TheBig1. Seems we've got 22 watchers.

stig60

Free Member
Feb 20, 2012
Keighley
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
since 2010
Looks nice. Just added to watch list. Hope you sell it:thumb:

OP
OP