Motorhome stopover club (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Just seen an ad for http://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk We're still looking at what clubs to join, what books to buy, what subscriptions to take out etc. Feels as though I could easily spend the cost of the van on joining things! On the face of it this one seems quite a good deal - £30 a year for 500 or so free sites - a bit like the 'France Passion' deal I think. Just wondered if anyone has any experiences of it to share?

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Flippin eck, thats gone up. It was only a tenner last year when I joined.
Funny thing is, I've never used it yet. :Doh:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
the internet is good at finding sites

Just seen an ad for http://www.motorhomestopover.co.uk We're still looking at what clubs to join, what books to buy, what subscriptions to take out etc. Feels as though I could easily spend the cost of the van on joining things! On the face of it this one seems quite a good deal - £30 a year for 500 or so free sites - a bit like the 'France Passion' deal I think. Just wondered if anyone has any experiences of it to share?

The internet is good at finding sites... just to many books and clubs out there these days. The pound does not go as far as it used to.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Look at my signature there is a link to a Google map that I have created that shows a large number of Pubs that have been known to allow MH to stop in their car Park. Some may charge you but many allow free parking if you use the pub.
The list is from my own experience and other finds off the internet, it's free to use. :thumb:
There is also another source, Wildcamping for MH that has other spots you can use if you join, only £15.

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
Brilliant Keith, Nice one, I hadn't seen the link, i will buy you a pint if I ever come across you.:thumb::thumb:

Edit You can add the Coverbridge Inn near East Witton if you like, we stopped there last year, really nice pub with good food.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Brilliant Keith, Nice one, I hadn't seen the link, i will buy you a pint if I ever come across you.:thumb::thumb:

Edit You can add the Coverbridge Inn near East Witton if you like, we stopped there last year, really nice pub with good food.

Got Co-Ords for it, makes it easier for me? Or a clue where it is?

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for that - the bookmark may have saved me £30...

Edit: we overnighted at the Lifeboat, Thornham, North Norfolk coast - rang in advance and they were perfectly happy for us to stay on their capacious car park.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dont do a lot of wilding in the UK, but when we have and we want somewhere to get a meal, we have always just stopped in likely looking pubs and asked the landlord if we can plot up on pain of having a meal :winky:

Never once been refused !

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Wee paid our £20 last year and have never used them so won't join again.will go with the suggestions on here

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
I could be wrong, but I think maybe trish-n-tez and electricscott may be confusing motorhome stopover with us.

Steve :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back