Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
I am needing to add to my battery bank and am looking for a battery to fit the locker. Trouble is I can't find anything on the net to fit.The dimensions are max length 317,height 185 poss at a push 190 and width 150. It is the width causing the problem. The battery I have is a 90ah Energizer and I have room for another one but I can't find these on the internet.It just comes up with those batteries for torches and the like! Any advice or solutions welcome.
Cheers:thumb:
John

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Looks like it...not sure about the size though?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Sorry to Hi-Jack your thread, but I'm also looking for a second hab battery without the physical constraints that you have.

This is because I have been p-m'ing Pappjohn for the last couple of days picking his brain on the best way to do this or what should I use for that and his help as always has been invaluable.....

....................Thank-you Pappajohn, really appreciated.........Griff
:thumb:

OP
OP
JOHNSTEY

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Thanks Pappajohn...you are a mine of info.Strange that it's a car battery but they must do or have done leisure batteries as this one works well as such! Cheers...John:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Thanks Pappajohn...you are a mine of info.Strange that it's a car battery but they must do or have done leisure batteries as this one works well as such! Cheers...John:thumb:
cant find any reference to leisure batteries on any of their websites...just car and commercial. :Sad:

many cheaper leisure batteries are just relabelled car batteries anyway.

chrisbooth

Free Member
Apr 21, 2012
surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 786F
Exp
since 2010
I am needing to add to my battery bank and am looking for a battery to fit the locker. Trouble is I can't find anything on the net to fit.The dimensions are max length 317,height 185 poss at a push 190 and width 150. It is the width causing the problem. The battery I have is a 90ah Energizer and I have room for another one but I can't find these on the internet.It just comes up with those batteries for torches and the like! Any advice or solutions welcome.
Cheers:thumb:
John
make sure you get a deep cycle battery and not a cranking battery as they give different power out puts. one gives max power for cranking starter motor and the other gives steady power to run lights tv ect and recovers better when run down.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back