Aug 7, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Dutchman Dorado Cclass RV
Exp
Since 2006
Hi,
we are off to France sometime in July & want to spend a couple of days @ Euro disney we have heard that there is an aire actually in the grounds of Euro disney does anyone have any knowledge on this or any advice as to where to stay.
Cheers Bill & Shirl. :Doh:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Bill and Shirl

We have used the Aire at ED a few times the most recent being 2 weeks ago. If you are spending a day or 2 in ED then its a good idea they have now put the price up to 30euros per day so if you arrive at 6 pm its 30euro. You will get a ticket to put on your windscreen with the date on it and you are meant to go and pay for each day. It is up to you if you do or not many dont you will get a notice on your window but they dont really follow it up.

It might be expensive for and Aire but you are right in ED so can pop in and out back to the van for a rest.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Arrive late evening the day before and park outside !!!
Drive into park next morning all fresh and ready to go..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxMwTgLbhdI[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
We parked here last year. Although it's expensive it is convenient. You can use the showers and toilets that the coach drivers use.
One word of advice - PARK FAR AWAY FROM THE ENTRANCE WALKWAY or you will be woken up at 7am with music and announcements played on a loop (goodness knows why as no one goes in until 10am!) by the time we left I could say "welcome to disney, remember where you park your vehicle and be sure to lock your valuables out of sight" in fluent French having listened to it early morning and untill 11pm at night!
Also there is a very noisy road sweeping lorry that cleans all the car parks during the night and I mean NOISY!

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
"so if you arrive at 6 pm its 30euro"

If you arrive at 6pm does that last until the following morning, or until 6pm the next day?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
"so if you arrive at 6 pm its 30euro"

If you arrive at 6pm does that last until the following morning, or until 6pm the next day?

I believe it's a 24 hour period with overnight parking..
We arrived at 10pm and bedded down outside (as in video). Next morning went into the park about 8 - 8.30 am. Did the park during the day, stayed on the car park (aire!) overnight and left following morning...

deckie

Free Member
Oct 12, 2011
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Clubman GL
Exp
46 yrs
If you are going a few times a year …. It is worth updating to an ‘Annual Pass’ …. And get your Parking Fee refunded, as parking is included .
Also discounts in the Shops & restaurants.
I use to sulk if we didn’t stop-off at Disney on the way north :cry:::bigsmile:
deckie

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We spent three nights there a couple of years ago. Not much to add to others' comments apart from confirming that you will be woken at some ungodly hour by Goofy & Chums driving loud cleaning vehicles around the Car Park. Disneyland Paris is above all things CLEAN.

The coach driver's pavilion was open to MH owners for toilets and showers on that occasion - does anyone know if that's still the case? One cheeky sod put a very long extension cable into a cleaner's plug socket in the pavilion then out through an open window to run his camper electrics. You had to admire his initiative.

Park tips - if you're going for more than a day and don't want to see the Parade twice, use Parade time as an opportunity to get on the bigger rides without too much queueing, but be aware that the Park is split down the middle by Parade cordons so you have to be on the right side of the cordon before the music starts. There are very few places at Disneyland Paris where you can lie on grass to take a quiet breather, but one of them is behind Space Mountain. You can't escape the piped music wherever you go, so get used to hearing 'When You Wish Upon A Star'. If you've got any sense you won't go in 'It's A Small World' - just say no. It's a subliminal brainwashing facility that will leave you humming 'It's A Small World' for months afterwards. Don't say you weren't warned ;-)

OP
OP
Billillston

Billillston

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Dutchman Dorado Cclass RV
Exp
Since 2006
Euro Disney

Thanks for the info it's encouraging that there is a lot of positive feedback Shirl & myself will definitely be giving it a go in June.
Like you said it is a bit expensive at 30 euro's a night but nice that you can nip back to the van.
Cheers Bill.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Anyone been lately and have up to date info ? were going there in July thanks :Smile:

Lms

Free Member
Jul 3, 2013
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We are going to be there on the 20th and 21st of July then going to the west of France hopefully get some good weather !!!

roamingman

Banned
Mar 14, 2014
Angus
Funster No
MH
Coach build
Exp
2012, tents, caravan. 1990
Hi thanks for tips on parking and price, can someone tell me cost to get into disney, please.

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
prices from official site but may be offers around if i find any i will post them.

Broken Link Removed

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Personally I think ED is a bit of a let down. Unless you have really young children I don't really get it. If it's rides you want then Alton Towers beats it hands down.

Or am I just an old fart?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Personally I think ED is a bit of a let down. Unless you have really young children I don't really get it. If it's rides you want then Alton Towers beats it hands down.

Or am I just an old fart?

Totally agree.. so did our daughter..
she said it was just a rip off.. and she was only 8 at the time..

But then again, we don't visit places like Alton towers, Lego land etc etc . so can't compare.

It was supposed to be a birthday treat, trip of a lifetime and she was so disappointed.. it didn't live up to the hype..

One good thing.. she never asked to go to any other amusement park .. :Smile:

autoswan

Free Member
Apr 3, 2012
Swansea
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
i`m a newbie
Our young daughter is looking forward to it so we shall see, its one to tick off the list on our wanderings then on to the eastern side of France and south this summer. We were told must do the Paris one before the American Disney which is bigger and better to avoid disappointment .

I doubt we would go back to the Paris Disney when its ticked off the list, but would 1 or 2 days be needed to get it all done ?

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Our young daughter is looking forward to it so we shall see, its one to tick off the list on our wanderings then on to the eastern side of France and south this summer. We were told must do the Paris one before the American Disney which is bigger and better to avoid disappointment .

I doubt we would go back to the Paris Disney when its ticked off the list, but would 1 or 2 days be needed to get it all done ?

Personally I think a day is more than enough.

That said, my brother spent 3 days at the one in Florida earlier this year.

How he endured that I do not know.

Let us know what your daughter thinks:thumb:

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We love Disney World in Florida, but did not really like the one in Paris. I think that going tof this one first must put people off going to the Florida one. I would say a day in each would be enough, but if you want to do it leisurely then 3 days is perfect. It is not everyones cup of tea, but until you have been there is no way of knowing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back