The Start of a New` Adventure (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Some may be envious of us and some may think we are mad.

This morning we set off from our bungalow home of the last twelve years, having sold it.

The picture below shows us with all our worldly goods except for a bob or two in the bank that was not there yesterday

We are parked up on a pretty CL site on the side of a canal about fifty miles above Peterborough where we are slowly heading towards.

We intend having a bit of fun harassing the sales people there, where we intend swapping the outfit pictured for a new to us motorhome

Soon after we will cross the channel to who knows where. We will inevitably visit my sister down in the Dordogne but beyond that we have no fixed plans . If we find somewhere we feel we would like to put our roots down then fine if not we will remain mobile for as long as we have our health

We choose not to be referred to as Pykies, we think of ourselves as up market back packers that are having several gap years which were not even invented when we started grafting at sixteen

Attachments

• new start 003 (Medium).jpg
    new start 003 (Medium).jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 125

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Congratulations!! We sold up a couple of years ago and 'went' ... and haven't regretted it for a minute. Enjoy the unfettered life!

::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I really wish you well, I can't make up my mind if you're mad or not, one thing I will say,

You've got more balls than me Gunga Din.

I couldn't sell the house I live in, it's the home for my boat and when I look out towards the sea I feel relaxed.

I do have a few other houses that I'd gladly sell, maybe that's the answer.........Best of luck.
:thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Good on you for making the big move. I hope it all goes as you expect. Good luck.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I recall a very similar day back in Sep 2006 .. walking away from our home , climbing aboard George and without a look back, headed for Dover and a brave new world.. .....I will never for get that day.. nor will you.
For even if it turns out not for you, you can say, (as Jim keeps reminding me), we had the guts to follow our dream.. others only dream... no one can take that away ..

For good luck :
“What you’ve done becomes the judge of what you’re going to do – especially in other people’s minds. When you’re traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don’t have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road.” – William Least Heat Moo

Let the adventure begin and the very best of good fortune..

Jim, Jan and Chaz

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have fun. Sounds like a fantastic adventure:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
We intend having a bit of fun harassing the sales people there, where we intend swapping the outfit pictured for a new to us motorhome

Well if you dont have any luck at Peterborough (bearing in mind it wont be an instant swap because none of the vans at shows are 'ready to go') you are welcome to pop in to us (on the way to Dover) and try giving us grief :Eeek:

You can stay local easily while we get it properly 'ready to go'

Peter

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
I wish you both the very best of luck on your new adventure...:thumb::thumb::thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Alan I wish you and Lynda and Lilly all the best in your new adventure, go out there have fun but dont forget us

maggie

hey thats an offer off Peter, if you do go there, im sure that ShiftZZ would tell you to hassle him for a funster discount

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good luck on your new chapter in your lives.

We both retired nearly 6 years ago and have spent at least 6 months each year travelling over 4 continents and its been a great adventure and the highlights have been the people we've met, I'm sure you'll have as much fun as us. After 6 years our bucket list is longer than when we started although a bit more radical.:Smile:

We've sold our home of 20 years as well and move out Monday we're already living in the van in the garden, gonna spend the rest of the year building a new much smaller home then hit the road again.

Good luck have fun :thumb::thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
All the best for this new chapter! You won't be left on your own , whatever happens !
All your friends on here , will follow your ventures....
You know you are welcome to stay here any time if you wish/need so .....

Affectueusement

Frankie ::bigsmile::winky:

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Westward Hooooo!

Did it in 1995, sold everything and got an Autotrail with trials bike on the rear, headed South for Greece and stayed for a year.
Only time we looked back was we came home in 96 cos of the kids...why. A year later we headed out again and ended up in Spain for 7 years.
Follow the wind and stuff the critics, they are jealous. Happy journeyer, always smiling, keep the fridge topped up and the wine handy, you'll never look back.

One tip...keep a diary of your first trips, just found ours and it bought back every day across Europe as hippies....great.

Not happy holidays, happy life cos it never stops as long as the wheels are turning. :Cool:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Have a fantastic time......

There will be highs and lows, but there would also be so, if you had stayed put where you were..

Just look forward to so many more new highs to come....

Best of luck, Enjoy!:thumb::thumb:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Oi as Steph and my new bestest friends we wish you all the luck in the world.
We are also setting off on a new adventure and we know the feelings, elation one minute and aprehension the next.
At leas
t we are not sitting in a darkened room waiting for God. :thumb:

PS my manager says look after her dog for her.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Oi as Steph and my new bestest friends we wish you all the luck in the world.
We are also setting off on a new adventure and we know the feelings, elation one minute and aprehension the next.
At leas
t we are not sitting in a darkened room waiting for God. :thumb:

PS [HI]my manager[/HI] says look after her dog for her.

Is that a new job title for your carer, Ken?

Apr 19, 2009
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
All the best for your new adventure. Andy&Shirley.:thumb:

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
Here's wishing you smooth roads, good weather, happy times and good health. Have a great adventure Alan and Lynda and woof to Lilly.:thumb:

Brian and Judi

Wyaye wires

Free Member
Sep 13, 2009
Berwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class Neisman Bischoff
Exp
since July 2009
We wish you, Lynda and Lily all the very best and hope to see you sometime on your travels. It sounds like a great adventure and you both deserve the very best. Only another 8 months until retirement here and who knows we could also join the travellers!

Kind regards and safe travels

Kath & Howie

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Best of luck Alan and Lynda do i think your mad yes i think your mad that you waited this long to go have a great life and hope to meet you again one day.

Gerry

P.S.
Watch out for a guy called munchie :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We wish you all the very best of luck on your adventure!
We're quite a bit behind you, only just got the passport applications completed today, but it's a start:thumb:
We're also planning to make it across before too long.......before we get too old to make the jump:roflmto:
Bill & Margaret

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Welcome to the fulltimers club ::bigsmile:

I wish you every success and all the happiness in your new life.

Hopefully meet up on the road sometime and probably sooner at Peterborough::bigsmile:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Mad maybe but remember what Mark Twain said.............

. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

Have a great adventure enjoy and stay safe.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back