CC vs CCC (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Our subscription for the Caravan Club runs out shortly, and we are considering joining the Caravan and Camping Club this time as they seem more Motorhome friendly, and there appears to be more MH site information available to us.

I know this question has been raised before but is there anyone here who thinks the Caravan Club is the bees knees? And if so, why. I really do not wish to pay for yearly subs that I don't feel are a benefit....

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Being in the C & CC and the RAC gives you an excellent recovery option if you are over 3.5t.

The CC is OK I have been a member for years, though I haven't stopped on one of their sites for almost 2 years so I really should review this.

I wonder, do the CC supply the lemons that the wardens have a suck on just as I pull on site::bigsmile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Sharon,

We've been members of the C&CC for 5 years now and they are certainly more accommodating to motor homes.

We also chose them for certain locations.

There are a large amount of motor homes on all the sites we've visited over the years and they seem a lot friendlier IMHO.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
I don't reckon the CC is the Bees knees but it'll do for us

It's almost free ... savings on their ins packages (m/h [sorry, RV], cars, travel etc).

Interestingly we've found that on the few times we've CC sites 30-50% have been RVs (didn't see many ARVs though:winky:)

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Thanks guys! Some interesting comments:Cool:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
(m/h [sorry, RV], cars, travel etc).

What's that all about? there are more Euro van members than RV'er and this site is for all.:thumb::thumb:

Long may we all be as one, motorhomers

N

N Luyetund

Deleted User
What's that all about? there are more Euro van members than RV'er and this site is for all.:thumb::thumb:

Long may we all be as one, motorhomers

You're preaching to the converted John... btw wassa 'Euro' van? Anything to do with go €

To get back to the thread, I reckon it really doesn't matter which club one belongs to (if at all) ... as long as one gets something out of it....

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We joined the CC when we bought the van just over 18 months ago. We've stayed on several CC sites and always found the wardens friendly and helpful.

Off to Abbey Wood on Wednesday - Yay, first trip of the year :thumb: - so hope the wardens there are OK as well.

Graham

Zozzer

Free Member
Nov 4, 2007
Leigh, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Not Long Enough
I think they are both living in the past, they both behave like the old boys network with funny handshakes playing one up manship games with each other. And yes I'm a member of both.

They both need to be taken by the scruff of the neck and shaken violently untill they modernise by providing more pitches dedicated for motorhome use. Why dont they listen to people we dont need half a football field to park up on.

Why do they insist on making their campsites a mirror image of surburbia with manicured lawns and privet headges to seggregate each pitch.

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We were members of both clubs but cancelled our memberships at renewal date as we planned our 12 month plus stay in the USA & Canada. :Smile:

Now that we are RV owners we shall be closely monitoring BOTH clubs to see who can best accommodate our American sized motor home and will subsequently join whichever club or clubs on our return.

With this in mind it is to forums such as MHF that I visit in the hope that its members may discover the attitude of the clubs mentioned towards larger motor homes BOTH for:welcome: and against :moon:

At this moment in time the only 'club' I intend to join that 100% looks after owners of American RVs or those who own BIG motor homes is The Big Pitch Guide. :thumb:

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
We belong to both. I prefer the C/C pitch guide finding it easier to navigate through. I refuse to stay on any club owned sites unless desperate preferring to stay on Private CL type 5 van sites because they tend to be quiter. All we look for is a site with Electricity, water, dogs allowed, and somewhere to tip our waste. Ideal nightly charge of a tenner or less if possible. We dont need or use toilet blocks, shops, night life and kids playgrounds, manicured lawns and hedged pitches, all this serves to bump the price up to double what it needs to be. Whats nicer than parking in a farmers field with just the peace and quiet of the countryside around you.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
We belong to CC club as a CS but what we decided to do was to listen to our campers and ask them their opinions and have tried to do our best by our customers not perhaps the CCC. We do keep the campsite mown in summer and hope it looks neat and tidy but we are rural countryside and certain things would not look right here.
I have ask serveral members here their opinions and they have put me right on things that I would not have thought about and have saved me a considerable amount of money doing things which are not perhaps advisable. We have never turned anyone away and as far as I can see won't !:thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
We belong to both and frequently use both and have never really had a big problem with either, some CC wardens can be a bit anal but so can people in all walks of life. We always phone first to make sure the site can accomodate us, can't see the point of just turning up to be rejected. We've had more grief from other motorhomers, caravaners and some of the big commercial sites than wardens.

We like both CC and CCC sites; CC are always of a good standard and the facilities usually first class, ok their sites can be a bit regimented in layout but I can live with that. CCC sites we've stayed on have been a bit more informal and a bit more like camping I suppose but personally I think there's a place for both as they both have something to offer.
Funnily enough our renewal is due on both this month and we're not sure if we'll renew or not. Not because of any issues with either but just because we won't be here that much this year hopefully, if we were going to be here I would not hesitate to join both.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back