Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Anyone else using Abine... do not track plus.. I have installed it on Chrome to get rid of the tracking of sites I visit along with ad blocker.

Seems to work.. shows number of times the block is working when a company sells on your site visits to another.

Bob:Blush:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Nice one Bob,

Just downloaded it, that will keep the nosey buggers from tracking me from now on.:thumb:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Bob, good un :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
by the same company

Google sharing

Keep your search history yours

You search Google for information, when your're curious, or just bored, and Google stores every search you make. Available on Firefox, GoogleSharing puts you back in control and stops Google from seeing your searches.

Broken Link Removed

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Two companies always tracking are Google Adsense and Google Analytics

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
you are right

Two companies always tracking are Google Adsense and Google Analytics

Yes you are right, I see these two in the red number on my tool bar, but I also checked this morning and I see 24 other companies and 1 social site have been blocked in the last 24 hours. I have this now on all three of the browsers, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.

I is a mazing how many are tracking your post and information.. well put a stop to that also added ADBLOCKER on the other sites as well, already have it on MHF .. only advert I get id the MHF one at the top of the page.. all the annoying flashing ones have gone with the less annoying adverts.

Bob

gawatt

Free Member
Mar 25, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
In the first!
Good grief - a morning's wandering round the web for news and funnies has netted me 267 blocked!

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
mine is now 212

Good grief - a morning's wandering round the web for news and funnies has netted me 267 blocked!

in the last few minutes it has climbed to 212... and counting. And I have only been on MHF so far !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Google adscene and Google Analytics

But if I click Jim the red button that shows two as I am now doing it says it has now blocked 64 companies and 1 social site.

Bob

But just two from here.

All browsers have addins to block analytics or adsense, produced by Google. :Eeek:

Adsense is superb for website owners, we can analyse where the web traffic is coming from, where exactly they enter, where they leave, what operating system, what browser resolution, where they went on site etc. No personal details, if that is collected its kept away from us.

But why the fixation with Google? It makes me laugh, that people moan about being tracked on line, but probably have a wallet full of store cards, loyalty cards and credit cards. Our large retailers and credit card issuers know more about us than Google will ever know, all given willingly, they know what you drink and how much, what colour bog paper you use and how much. They know when your on a diet and when you've fell off it. They know when your on holiday and when your back, they know how much you spent on campsite fees. They know how much you owe and what you waste, they know what you have in your wardrobe, they know everything. What does google know in comparison? Hardly a thing, and as long as you not a dodgey geezer, nothing they could hurt you with.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
in the last few minutes it has climbed to 212... and counting. And I have only been on MHF so far !!!!!!!

Bob, there is nothing outside google tracking you on this site, so your program is faulty.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think Tesco is the worse

I think Tesco's is the worse.. they seem to always have a voucher of something we buy.. plus extra vouchers since Asda opened a store within a mile of us.. a real war going on..OK asda do not send us anything as they do not have loyalty cards.. but Tesco is very fast off the mark.. love it as we save on the food store.

Mind you we even get loyalty points from the South African shop in Redhill.. a rubber stamp on a card ...very high ted .. spend £30 and get a stamp on the card... 8 stamps and £20 off... that is what I like... not interested in my inside legs measurements or what size wheel I have or if I have look at a site and the word is a common word then dumps me with unwanted adverts.

I love MHF, I love being on here and the inter reaction with other members.. but the adverts flashing spoilt the fun for me.. so I in the end had to bloc them.. As I pay as sub I do not feel bad about it.. if it was a free site I could understand JIM having to have advertising revenue. It is horses for courses.. but it is not just this site it is all sites I block adverts on.. If I want an item I will search for it.. yes by google or go to ebay.. As I use an RV I know the people I need to go to for parts or accessories.

Bob

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
There is a difference between loyalty cards and google tracking.

Loyalty cards can be used selectively. for instance if you were buying a pair of fancy knickers for your mistress you wouldn't use your store card would you?

with google it is not optional... They do anything and everything they can to get even the smallest bit of information out of you.

They don't provide google analytics for free out of the goodness of their heart. It is a tracking tool for them....

Even if you don't have a google account, they know what sites you visited. Even if you don't have a gmail account when someone sends you an email they know about it (and it's content) and given enough site visits and gmail emails they can link the two.... All of this without you even having to hand a card over.....

I have all scripts blocked, adblock pro installed and a custom hosts file. When I go shopping I withdraw cash from the cashpoint and pay with cash and don't use a loyalty card. My pay as you go 3G dongle top ups get paid for by cash so even my net access is anonymous.

I am not paranoid or anything. I just see the trends over the last 5-10 years and don't like where it is heading. The less they know about me the better. The cash point habit got started when my card was declined not because of tracking reasons. But it is a habit I am quite glad I got into now :thumb:

I am scratching my head here as to the last time I actually saw an advert. I don't do tv and when I did I had sky+ and never watched live. I don't get adverts on my computer. I think it must have been a billboard on a bus stop or in a supermarket...:winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back