Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Hi i,ve a Hymer 660S motorhome with a Omnistor 4000Xl awning fitted, i,m wanting to buy a safari room(second hand) for the awning, i,ve been on to Thule(Belgium) who took over Omnistor and theyve informed me they dont do a safari room that will fit this awning, no one seems to know if a newer model safari room would fit my awning could ayone please advise because this is literally doing my head in ha ha

regards jonjay :Doh:

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I am assuming your awning is 4m wide?. I think some of the fiamma privacy rooms may fit. You probably need the longer depth one (up to 2.85m) So it would be a 4m large Fiamma clip system

Shirl

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi i,ve a Hymer 660S motorhome with a Omnistor 4000Xl awning fitted, i,m wanting to buy a safari room(second hand) for the awning, i,ve been on to Thule(Belgium) who took over Omnistor and theyve informed me they dont do a safari room that will fit this awning, no one seems to know if a newer model safari room would fit my awning could ayone please advise because this is literally doing my head in ha ha
regards jonjay :Doh:

You can give Glenn or Ian a ring on 01-580-883061 and ask them if a Fiamma will fit or give Rose Awnings a ring (They are Omnistore agents in UK) Link Removed

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Brilliant! Thanks for your replies,at least i,m on the right track now ha ha! Shirl i had a look at that link you posted,seems ideal and the advert said something about adapters to fit on a Omnistor awning,just goin to make a few more enquiries then i,ll go for it.I tried Rose Awnings and they gave me a price of £822 + delivery,way over my budget(its not cheap this Motorhome lark)!i did ask for some advice too and they seemed a little unhelpful.I will ring the number you gave Johns Cross,for some advice,again many thanks for your replies

jonjay :thumb:

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have a safari room thats fits our Omnistor waning 4.5m I think, any use ?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

andyk68

Free Member
Apr 24, 2012
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Toyota HiAce Import
Exp
Since 2010
I am assuming your awning is 4m wide?.
Shirl

I have a 4000xl on my camper and I thought it was 4 metres, but after checking I've found it is actually 3 metres. I'm also looking for a safari/privacy room to fit it, there does seem to be a few to choose from however its a height issue with my canopy. Its on a Toyota HiAce import and only 185 cm high. The standard height seems to be 225 and above.

If yours is a standard height Jonjay then you probably want this Link Removed

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
hi Andy thanks for your reply ,i,ve measured my awning and its just over 3.9 metres long,maybe a bit longer with the end caps ,the actual height is 2.5m plus whatever the skirt measures, i think in this case the 4000xl denotes 4M,the nice people on this forum have pointed me in the right direction,at least i know Fiamma safari rooms will fit!its just down to budget really jonjay :thumb:

andyk68

Free Member
Apr 24, 2012
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Toyota HiAce Import
Exp
Since 2010
Thats strange, need to re measure mine now. Its definately a 4000xl and when i measured it I got 290cm plus the ends.
The link I posted do a range including a 400cm one that is compatible with Omnistor.

OP
OP
R

rambojonjay64

Free Member
Dec 26, 2011
Shildon,Co Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
Hi Andy i,ve had feedback from another forum,and they said that the 4000 doesnt neccessarily denote 4m in length,something to think about mate jonjay

andyk68

Free Member
Apr 24, 2012
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Toyota HiAce Import
Exp
Since 2010
So it would seem, you would think though that all 4000xl's would be the same length.

Åsa

Free Member
Apr 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Sålt våran husbil
Hej, jag har en Hymer 660S husbil med en Omnistor 4000Xl markis monterad, jag vill köpa ett safarirum (begagnat) för markisen, jag har varit på Thule (Belgien) som tog över Omnistor och de har informerat mig de gör inte ett safarirum som passar den här markisen, ingen verkar veta om ett nyare safarirum passar mitt markis kan någon råda för det här gör bokstavligen mitt huvud i ha ha

hälsningar jonjay : Doh:
Hej vi har ett safari room 4m tält till husbil om du vill köpa 🙂 gardiner till uppsatt 1gång dom vi har haft på våran burstner 685 vi hade tule omnistor som markis mvh Åsa och Jonas Eriksson

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back