Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
That's it, as of today I'm on lieu time for a week until my last school visit and leaving do next Wednesday. Shopping for bits we've identified as priorities for the camper, then I need to refresh my memory on French and German as I haven't used either for the past 5 years. I know they don't speak either in Cornwall or Dorset, although interestingly my ancestors in Dorset would apparently have spoken Welsh, as apparently everyone there did until the 17th Century, I need to get my brain back into gear in case I decide to jump on the ferry after Weymouth folk festival, as I don't want to upset anyone by casting aspersions on their parentage in either language ::bigsmile:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Get yourself down here for my birthday/retirement bash then Thurs -sunday, we will make it a joint celebration.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Enjoy your retirement , live life to the full . ::bigsmile:
If they dont change the bar again:RollEyes: we have another 20 years to go. Not wishing it away though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
My official end date is 13 July, though last working day will hopefully be sooner, probably sometime the end of June.

We have a week in North Wales mid July, and then I want to escape these shores prior to that major sporting event whose name I cannot mention (in case I foul up any copywright laws they have imposed on us), but it happens between 2011 and 2013.

As an aside there is a section of the major sporting event security, pretty essential section, who were told by LOCOG they could not put the name of the event or year on the ID badge holder/neck strap, so they did just that on the neck strap - "Major Sporting Event between 2011 and 2013"..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and make a point of wearing them at all contact with LOCOG.

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Major sporting event fall out.

We've discovered this week that the area chosen as a training ground for the Pakistani hockey team is just down the road, opposite somewhere I do rabbit control. I think I might stay away while they are there in case they think someone in full camo with a folding stock semi-automatic rifle is out to get them and I get shot.::bigsmile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Enjoy your retirement and your visit to my home town (Weymouth).... :thumb:

Your going to be so Bored... :winky::ROFLMAO:

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years

We were in your home town of Weymouth Old-Mo on Bank holiday Monday, it was p******g it down all day, had fish & chips, and a quick walk round the shops and went back to Blandford to our sons, not much better there neither:rain:

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Weymouth

We've been to the folk festival for the past two years, but this time we'll probably stay down and head for Swanage after Weymouth, then on to Wimborne Folk Festival. If the camper is running alright and I have no work in June we might just head for the ferry at Poole::bigsmile:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We've discovered this week that the area chosen as a training ground for the Pakistani hockey team is just down the road,

:cry: I use the Gym here (sometimes) and was told its would be the USA womens hockey team.. :cry: GUTTED..!!
A while back we had the French women over.. Oh la la...:winky:

ps,, Enjoy the retirement, get that van and I'll see you around soon...

steve

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.
Typical isn't it?

Hi Steve, why couldn't we get the team from some obscure third world country instead of one of the number one targets for attack? We'll have armed response units hiding in all the bushes:Sad:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Sounds great - have a great retirement
Me - I have to wait till October so deeply jealous :cry:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years

Your going to be so Bored... :winky::ROFLMAO:

Thanks re retirement wishes.

Unfortunately its a working visit, so far from bored (just waiting for email to download some big files).

I shall not be visiting when a certain sporting event is on, from what I can see some people are interested only in making lots of money at any cost. Communications/travel will be a nightmare - they have just discovered that they under-estimated visitor numbers by 50%.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if you are going to enjoy your retirement, hope you have many good times ahead of you.

We have been working at it for six years now and enjoy every minute of it. :thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Last working day is 22nd June, then of to Tenerriffe for 2 weeks on 29th June and back on 13th July then nothing planned for 5 weeks.

Hope to get some distance in in the camper.

OP
OP
B

Bushtrekker

Free Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Second time around.