Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
Just got back from 6 days on the Norfolk Coast wild camping - absolutely brilliant.
The place, the people - everything made it into a gem of a trip, and helped by the Man City 6-1 demolition of the Canaries.
There are not a lot of places to wild camp, but those we found were perfect, just off the beach etc. Locals were great about us camping in the dunes and on the harbour, always chatting and asking where we were from etc.
Never been to Norfolk before, but defo going back later this year.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Oh no! Not even the rain can keep out the foreigners!!!

Glad you had a good time up our way!:thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Just got back from 6 days on the Norfolk Coast wild camping - absolutely brilliant.
The place, the people - everything made it into a gem of a trip, and helped by the Man City 6-1 demolition of the Canaries.
There are not a lot of places to wild camp, but those we found were perfect, just off the beach etc. Locals were great about us camping in the dunes and on the harbour, always chatting and asking where we were from etc.

What town did you wild camp in on the Norfolk Coast.
Jim
:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Bootiful Norfolk

A lovely place to live, we don't mind furriners coming here for hols, just make sure you spend plenty of money then bu**er off home again.:Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We love it, spent Easter weekend at Wells and had a great time. :thumb:

Got home Monday, felt rough Tuesday and had a hacking cough ever since, begin to wish I stayed at home.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Bluemooner

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 30, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Dreamseeker Fifth Wheel
Exp
4 years
Sounds a good holiday was had, good to see another City fan on here

Andy

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Dont mind, we will be sociable again provided you dont bring that £270m football team back.
Us poor old boys in the sticks could only rustle up £27m for our lovely Canaries and felt we had to roll over to give you a chance against Man U for the title ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife's family are based in Norfolk and I love the place. Used to do a lot of jet skiing by the coast.

The locals are naturally nice , down to earth folk in my experience.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
My wife's family are based in Norfolk and I love the place. Used to do a lot of jet skiing by the coast.

The locals are naturally nice , down to earth folk in my experience.

Love all this , your'e nicer to me than the wife :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
scek

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
We camped a couple of nights at salthouse and walked the beach for miles each day, had a meal in the dun cow. Also stayed on the harbour at burnham oviery. Bit unsure about that one as sign said no camping on south side, so camped on north side. Asked some locals and they said its ok as they see other motorhomes parked up overnight. Also camped at a couple of inland places but dont know where they were.
Seafood in the pubs is lovely. We had crab, mixed fish gril and a seafood chowder at three different pubs and all the meals were top quality.
Gotta go back soon.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I live in Norfolk and one of my favourite places to visit locally is Wells next the sea a real live , if small fishing port.
The site at Pinewoods belongs to the Holkham Estate and is not cheap but the dune and beach walks are great, a visit to Holkham Hall is well worth it with its large deer herd and a very good museum and house. :thumb:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I live in Norfolk and one of my favourite places to visit locally is Wells next the sea a real live , if small fishing port.
The site at Pinewoods belongs to the Holkham Estate and is not cheap but the dune and beach walks are great, a visit to Holkham Hall is well worth it with its large deer herd and a very good museum and house. :thumb:
Agree Wells is a great place. When the kids were young we were regulars staying at Kelling Heath. Blakeney is also one of my favourites, spend the day walking and visiting the seals at the point or getting a mud bath in the river. We still visit Blakeney most years but now normally stay for a long weekend at the Blakeney Hotel. The grand kids enjoy catching crabs as much now at Blakeney as their dad did when he was their age. Can recommend it.:thumb:

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
I was born in Norfolk and still regard it as home. The day the lovely, winding coast road between Huns'ton and Wells is 'improved' will be the day I hand in my chips. And no, I don't care if it's too narrow for motorhomes!

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I was born in Norfolk and still regard it as home. The day the lovely, winding coast road between Huns'ton and Wells is 'improved' will be the day I hand in my chips. And no, I don't care if it's too narrow for motorhomes!

Iv'e taken my RV through a couple of times :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back