Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Sitting here in Kent looking at the trees being whipped about by the wind and the heavy rain, I was wondering about next weekend at peterborough. Just finished packing the RV.. do I now need to put more wet weather gear in or not. Nearly the end of April and it is cold and miserable... roll on June and let me have the sun in France.

So what is the weather going to be? is the ground going to be wheel spins conditions or nice and firm from all that dry weather we have had that causes the hose pipe bans we have?

Bob

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
No of course not. :ROFLMAO:

If your worrying about the dust again Bob............................. Like Malvern when you chose to park next to the roadway, then moved because of the dust. :roflmto:

Then asked to park next to the dung heap. :Doh:

Then don't worry we will not put you next to the roadway. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If your worrying about getting stuck like you did at Lincoln, don't because you can go next to the roadway. :thumb:

Not long now. :thumb: Bob.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007

If your worrying about the dust again Bob............................. [HI]Like Malvern when you chose to park next to the roadway, then moved because of the dust[/HI]. :roflmto:

Then asked to park next to the [HI]dung heap.[/HI] :Doh:

If your worrying about getting stuck like you did at Lincoln, don't because you can go next to the roadway. :thumb:

Is it an American thing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sitting here in Kent looking at the trees being whipped about by the wind and the heavy rain, I was wondering about next weekend at peterborough. Just finished packing the RV.. do I now need to put more wet weather gear in or not. Nearly the end of April and it is cold and miserable... roll on June and let me have the sun in France.
So what is the weather going to be? is the ground going to be wheel spins conditions or nice and firm from all that dry weather we have had that causes the hose pipe bans we have?
Bob
Is the Pope a catholic,:rain: I think it is a forgone conclusion. Very Wet,:rain: Very windy,:rain: Very cold, :rain:Very soft and soggy,:rain:and very miserable.:rain: Yes I would pack the lot.:rain: See you there. :rain:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
So I take it I am beside the roadway then?

If your worrying about the dust again Bob............................. Like Malvern when you chose to park next to the roadway, then moved because of the dust. :roflmto:

Then asked to park next to the dung heap. :Doh:

Just so I am clear on this Bob.... I am by the side of the road way ???? It was Ricks fault at Malvern he did not want the dust on his RV he was trying to sell... if you notice it was poor Bill (Landy Lover) and myself that got stuck beside the dung heap and Rich managed to park 3 down.. also we got the entertainment tent. Lincoln for getting off last year was OK.. good bit of parking there.. year before was not so much fun. That was windy and wet.

I would just like you to unwrap the sun for next weekend. But I think Buttons has the idea.. pack the lot.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Is the Pope a catholic,:rain: I think it is a forgone conclusion. Very Wet,:rain: Very windy,:rain: Very cold, :rain:Very soft and soggy,:rain:and very miserable.:rain: Yes I would pack the lot.:rain: See you there. :rain:

Cheerful bugger :Sad:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I have just come back from the cc site at peterborough, "ferry meadows", they (the CC) had to cancel 120 bookings over the weekend the grass pitches were very wet, the wardens told me they been under water for a few days prior to the weekend? but I did not see laying water myself. The showground’s not far from ferry meadows so I expect the ground to be very similar in drainage? But I have no knowledge if that’s true. They did tow off several motor homes with the tractor yesterday morning because they had sunk!! over the weekend, but I did not need it, my grass pitch was wet but not un-driveable.

have a good time but pack the wellies

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
see I was not worrying without reason

I have just come back from the cc site at peterborough, "ferry meadows", they (the CC) had to cancel 120 bookings over the weekend the grass pitches were very wet, the wardens told me they been under water for a few days prior to the weekend? but I did not see laying water myself. The showground’s not far from ferry meadows so I expect the ground to be very similar in drainage? But I have no knowledge if that’s true. They did tow off several motor homes with the tractor yesterday morning because they had sunk!! over the weekend, but I did not need it, my grass pitch was wet but not un-driveable.

have a good time but pack the wellies

I was not worrying without reason... used to do a few toy fairs at the site years back and it was bad news if it had rained in the days before ...

I will pack a wellie (I only need one):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.. anyone want to buy a left footed wellie (unused) :winky::winky:

Bob

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Peterborough show

I see we're in the pink section so don't forget your camping gear.:roflmto:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I forbid it to rain at Peterborough.

For all the years we have been going the sun ahs always shined at this show and this year will be no exception.

If it does rain I am going to sulk and probably sink and have to be towed off. I am sure that this will then be filmed and put on u tube :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As I say its not going to rain.

Sonja

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I forbid it to rain at Peterborough.

For all the years we have been going the sun ahs always shined at this show and this year will be no exception.

If it does rain I am going to sulk and probably sink and have to be towed off. I am sure that this will then be filmed and put on u tube :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

As I say [HI]its not going to rain[/HI].

Sonja
Oh yes it is......:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Buttons.. the show is Thursday the 26th onwards.. and the for caste says mostly sun.. you are on the wrong page... be a good chap and try and keep up.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Blimey that has saved me a wasted trip this weekend. Dont know what my fair lady will say, she is expecting to go this weekend. Must pay attention.:Blush:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Will it rain at Peterborough?

Blimey that has saved me a wasted trip this weekend. Dont know what my fair lady will say, she is expecting to go this weekend. Must pay attention.:Blush:

At 99 mpg, at least you wouldnt have wasted too much fuel :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

S:Cool::Cool::Cool:

Getting me sunnies ready!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Away all ye doomsayers. Peterborough will be sunny and warm during the day with a slight chill in the evenings which the Sheep Coats will deal with.

I have spoken :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
there I was think Buttons was going to visit us all

There I was thinking Buttons was going to visit us all and show us his AMAZING [STRIKE]99p[/STRIKE] VW opp5 his 99 mpg roller skate.

Oh well I will wait .... bit like waiting for Roland the Rat to show up... and no he is not dead yet.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Away all ye doomsayers. Peterborough will be sunny and warm during the day with a slight chill in the evenings which the Sheep Coats will deal with.

I have spoken :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Says GJH aka Canute.

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I have not bothered to look........one thing I know is we will have weather........as for the kind, don't care good friends and a great time is a definate.......what more do we want...........nufink

All the best Rick

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
may be a 32 ton recovery truck

I have not bothered to look........one thing I know is we will have weather........as for the kind, don't care good friends and a great time is a definate.......what more do we want...........nufink

All the best Rick

May be a 32 ton recovery truck:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: or poor old Bills Land Rover if he comes:Blush:

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back