Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
WHAT, oops shouting:RollEyes: What is a new exhaust system likely to cost, and where can i get one?
I'm sure Dodgy mentioned someplace but i don't recall where.

Winnie may not be 4 sale, the misses used to be indecisive but now she's not so sure :Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sorry cannot help with the exhaust. Glad however you are not selling winnie, I only wish I had had such a van at your age, so many years in everything from a minivan to a transit before getting a true motorhome. Enjoy every minute. Bye the way don't forget my retirement party next weekend, tis free and just down the M5.:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have had them made in the past

Link Removed

This is a company that can locate a suppler that can make them...

I have found it often cheaper than a car... well has been for my Ram Vans.. may be worth calling them

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
sorry cannot help with the exhaust. Glad however you are not selling winnie, I only wish I had had such a van at your age, so many years in everything from a minivan to a transit before getting a true motorhome. Enjoy every minute. Bye the way don't forget my retirement party next weekend, tis free and just down the M5.:thumb:

Wildman, have a very happy retirement, unfortunately we can't make your party, pre planned and payed for rugby tournament (London Irish under 9s) :thumb:

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Link Removed

This is a company that can locate a suppler that can make them...

I have found it often cheaper than a car... well has been for my Ram Vans.. may be worth calling them

Bob

Thanks Bob, there is one not far from me, wether they can fit Winnie in their premises is another question. i'll ring them tomorrow to find out.:thumb:

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/

We put one of these on our Golf 13 years ago and its still going strong. warranted for the life of my ownership.
It was not expensive, cheaper than another Volkswagen one.
They made it on the premises, bent it, welded it, we choose the mufflers, exhausts, end pipes etc.
Not sure they thought I would still own it after 16 years though ::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Hi, West Midland American Vehicles is the place, but, try local fabricators first frankley. The standard system comes in three pieces, front with silencer, center straight pipe based on lenght of chassis and the final wobbly bit that goes up and over the axle then out the side, £300 just for the back bit:Eeek:

Good luck:thumb:

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Thanks Si, Ill try local first, as you know its finding a place that's bid enough to take us.

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Longlife are now in the process of fitting our new exhaust, only the down pipes from the manifold were any good, so its almost a new system.
We only just got in the building because of the width, but its in, thats all that matters.
Thanks all for the info. I'm sure we will keep her for a while longer after spending out so much for the exhaust, so we may see you around.:Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Can one be rude::bigsmile:

How much? Our front, down pipes etc isn't going to last forever and as said £300 for the rear scared me what the rest could total:Doh:

OP
OP
WinnietheBrave

WinnietheBrave

Free Member
Jun 28, 2010
S. Wales
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
No worries Si, from the down pipes back which includes the two silencers is £600. I'm sure that is a fair price, as its basically two exhuast systems that are larger than a big car, and from what you payed for just the back bits I would say its definately a fair price.
I did ring that place you used, and they quoted £215+Vat for the rear bit (1 side) and that was in mild steel but was a pattern part. They said if I brought the RV to them they could make a piece for £165+Vat each side again in mild steel. That kinda reinforces the £600 is a fair price.
Mike.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
as I suggested Longlife

As I suggested Longlife do all sorts of motor homes, not just RV's and often cheaper than those made for the motor home... they even do the extension for the genny cheaper...

Worth trying them.. the link is on page one in my first post.

Glad you got sorted.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back