Washing the smalls while driving. (1 Viewer)

atlantisbird

Free Member
Mar 26, 2012
Near Bridlington
Funster No
MH
New Bentley C Class
Exp
since 2012 in own van
Hello,
Here is a thought we have just been discussing about washing clothes while the MH is travelling along and wondered if anyone has had experience of doing anything like it.
Here goes: Get a lockable container which can be used during the trip for something else
such as a hard plastic cool box with locking handle. When you are about to leave the site put
in hot water, washing powder or soda crystals and the washing, not filling to the top to allow movement making sure that it is left in the toilet/shower where if it falls over it will not cause any problems. Then when you get to your destination or next site take it out, rinse then hang out to dry. Job done:thumb::winky:
Will it work?
Someone is bound to tell us there is already a product out there but as we are new to MH
life we are looking at ways to utilise what we have. If there is let us know please.

Atlantisbird

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes it does .many do it. as said last week in maroc buy a toffee jar shaped water container with screw on lid . the truck boys have a fixing on the side of truck to lock the container in lying flat . they go off road it really cleans the clothes . but it does work. your idea will as well.

sandra

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
6 years
great idea! might try it myself thanks for sharing that tip:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes i use mine a single tub washer. . in fact i have just aquired a twin tub . so i,m getting posh as well. might give the mangel a rest. hee hee.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I just pull up at the first house I see with a string of washing on the line and help myself... :RollEyes::winky::ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
too long a process for me, once you have driven your washing clean, you then have to rinse it then wring it then wait ages for it to dry.
give me a portable twintub anyday, up to 15 min wash, then you can rinse and spin, dry with in an hour in the sun for most things, its big enough to do towels and duvets as well

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Sorted. Clean as described on way to destination. Whilst booking in mrs b rinss, then I drive over them on hard standing to get rid of excess moisture. :thumb:
Gordon

Spoil her again , helping with the laundry

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
LOL - bucket with a lid* - essential item for camping/carvanning/mhoming holidays with kids. Stick it in the boot or the sink and go for a drive preferably along a bumpy road. When you had babies in terry nappies it was the only way! And those babies repeated the process with their own.

* avaiable with all sorts of stuff in from eg B & Q or you can buy a 'boilie bucket' from a fishing shop. They have to have good lids as you couldn't travel in the same space as eg monster crab or marmite & catfood or whatever flavour of the month happens to be. Saw a really jolly one in a shop in Devon the other week - with a cartoon crab on the side! I wanted it .....

Jenny

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Some of us can park outside any launderette and just pop in, wash and dry, back in the wardrobe. Why carry all that heavy machinery around with you and still end up with wet washing. It don't make any sense. :Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
just wait for a wet day and go for a drive with the smalls pegged on the ladder and the big stuff on the bike rack .. :roflmto:

seriously.. we tried your idea with a lockable plastic bin in the shower, but when full time it was too much hassle .. as said, no fun having to rinse and wring out, so I installed a Whirlpool, slim line, top loading domestic automatic washing machine.... that was the dogs nuts :thumb:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
I guess its a similar principle to my dishwasher at home:

One of those plastic laundry baskets, filled with dirty crocks
In the shower with a bit of Squiggy liquid
On the lawn to dry.....
JD

:thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi buttons . having travelled for nine months in a vw t2 had no chance of any luxury . now still travelling for along tome i find a washing machine great. .only last week my ex wife gave me a seconhand twin tub as she was moving out of her flat . its working great . just have to organise some space. but if you do travel for months laundrettes do taker quite a bit of cash . of course we are tight buggers us yorkshire /cornish folk . hee hee

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
hi buttons . having travelled for nine months in a vw t2 had no chance of any luxury . now still travelling for along tome i find a washing machine great. .only last week my ex wife gave me a seconhand twin tub as she was moving out of her flat . its working great . just have to organise some space. but if you do travel for months laundrettes do taker quite a bit of cash . of course we are tight buggers us yorkshire /cornish folk . hee hee
Glad to hear you are still on friendly terms with your ex-wife. :thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
been divorced since 2005 only payed her half the other dsay . she was nice to me then .hee hee .
we had 28 yrs of adventures . took trikes motor bikes . all over the eu. travelled around africa . then one day she said i dont want to do it anymore . so we got divorced.
she lived in portugal for awhile . never fell out just live different lives .
we went to school together lived just up the road from each other . cant fall out not worth it. lifes too short. my neighbour still runs my ex,s kawasaki bike . her loss. not mine . i still love adventures , might grow up one day.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
been divorced since 2005 only payed her half the other dsay . she was nice to me then .hee hee .
we had 28 yrs of adventures . took trikes motor bikes . all over the eu. travelled around africa . then one day she said i dont want to do it anymore . so we got divorced.
she lived in portugal for awhile . never fell out just live different lives .
we went to school together lived just up the road from each other . cant fall out not worth it. lifes too short. my neighbour still runs my ex,s kawasaki bike . her loss. not mine . i still love adventures, might grow up one day.
Yes women can be fickle-minded, the grass can sometimes be greener. After some 10+ years of separation my ex has moved in with myself and my partner again, but ha that is the sort of bloke I am.:cry::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back