32 GB USB Pen (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Want a larger capacity usb pen to load movies onto when away in the MH. Just ordered one of these seems a very good deal for £8.99 and free P & P. :Eeek:

Thought I'd share link in case anyone else needs one. :thumb:

Link Removed

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
if you excuse the pun .. I smell a rat

If you excuse the pun.. I smell a rat (seems all I talk about these days is rats).

He has sold 275 so far? he has no feed back on them.. the only feed back he has is on model trains and that is under a 100.. so is this real? 32 gb for that price is a bit like the solar panels.. I have reservations about if this is a con.. hope it is not.. but just do not think it is what it says...

Bob:Blush:

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
Cheapest I have seen 32gb usb memory sticks for is £13-£14 so you may have spotted a mega-bargain or it may not be kosher as others have said.

As you have ordered one it would be nice if you could keep us updated as to how your purchase proceeds :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Interestingly seller is shown as being in Radyr, Cardiff but the confirmation receipt from Ebay states " Standard Delivery from Outside UK"

Thankfully its only a small amount, so will keep you all posted.

Bob you gotta get that Rat:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Stewart :Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Fingers crossed

Fingers crossed.... I just smelt a rat when I saw the number sold and his track record.... Last feed back was 2008, and under a 100 total in 10 years... Yet for this auction hundreds sold... Short run time wise auction.. As you say other things do not add up like where it is coming from...

Bob:Eeek:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
It's been pulled!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I ordered one of these cheapy ones knowing I could reclaim via paypal should worst come to worst.

Immediately I tested it by creating a 30GB file. After 4GB got errors.

Contacted seller who gave immediate refund. Wouldn't give me a working replacement and wouldn't enter into discussion about it......

I expected this, but still left me a little dissapointed as I could do with a cheapo 32GB usb key.

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
I ordered one of these cheapy ones knowing I could reclaim via paypal should worst come to worst.

Contacted seller who gave immediate refund. Wouldn't give me a working replacement and wouldn't enter into discussion about it......

I expected this, but still left me a little dissapointed as I could do with a cheapo 32GB usb key.

I got a Toshiba one for about £11.50 and I have had no problems so far:thumb:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I got a Toshiba one for about £11.50 and I have had no problems so far:thumb:

Have you filled it to max capacity yet and then tried to read the data back?

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
The following from Ebay this morning :Angry:

This listing was removed by eBay. If you've already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives. If you did not pay,you are no longer obligated to pay for this item. If you have a problem with the purchase, you can resolve the problem by opening a case in our Resolution Centre.

We'll see what happens, bit of a bu**er as we'll hopefully be away in the MH 10 days after the expected delivery date.:cry:

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14

Try this company. I bought a couple from them to store my movies when going away. I have dealt with them for years and never been disappointed.
http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=112205
John

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
large capacity USB memory format systems

Hope this helps some folk, it would definately have saved my sound system a few thumps had I known.

Very often USB sticks are formatted in FAT32 ; this means they will only handle files of up to 4GB regardless of the USB stick's capacity, any larger and errors occur.

If you have bought a large capacity USB stick and want to use it for files larger than 4GB, videos etc., you may have to re format it to NTFS.
It's an easy process to do on your computer with no extra software required other than utilities installed as standard on any computer.

A point to remember if you PLAY music using your USB stick, via your CD player or a music system; there's a strong possibility an older system/player may not recognise the NTFS formatting and it will not play the music.

So
..large file handling greater than 4GB >>> NTFS
..music playing (usually) >>> FAT32

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hope this helps some folk, it would definately have saved my sound system a few thumps had I known.

Very often USB sticks are formatted in FAT32 ; this means they will only handle files of up to 4GB regardless of the USB stick's capacity, any larger and errors occur.

If you have bought a large capacity USB stick and want to use it for files larger than 4GB, videos etc., you may have to re format it to NTFS.
It's an easy process to do on your computer with no extra software required other than utilities installed as standard on any computer.

A point to remember if you PLAY music using your USB stick, via your CD player or a music system; there's a strong possibility an older system/player may not recognise the NTFS formatting and it will not play the music.

So
..large file handling greater than 4GB >>> NTFS
..music playing (usually) >>> FAT32

Not quite true. It depends on the cluster size. 2TB is the limit for FAT32 on 512byte cluster if you use 4096 byte cluster the limit is 16TB.

Source wikipedia

If memory serves there is a 2GB file size limit on some filesystems or OS's but I can't remember which ones off the top of my head.

Here is a screen shot of one of my external hard disks (USB) 150GB as Fat32

fat32.jpg

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I think you may be thinking of FAT16.

In 1988, the FAT16B improvement became more generally available through DR DOS 3.31, MS-DOS 4.0 and OS/2 1.1. The limit on partition size was dictated by the 8-bit signed count of sectors per cluster, which originally had a maximum power-of-two value of 64. With the standard hard disk sector size of 512 bytes, this gives a maximum of 32 KB cluster size, thereby fixing the "definitive" limit for the FAT16 partition size at 2 GB for sector size 512

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat16#Final_FAT16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back