• Total voters

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Heinz salad cream every time....no other make will do.

why ?.....'cos mayo is over-rated, over priced and under flavoured.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
me neither on salad olive oil,vinegar,salt and black pepper mixed together then poured over said salad:thumb:
shmbo:Eeek: mayo

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
heinz salad cream only :thumb:

mayonaise is to oily :cry:

but both are in the house as she likes mayo
and me as stated above

I know a way to have it not that oily ... Use half 'huile de parafine' zero calorie. But you have to be careful and not having this all the time .... Or you may have to hurry to the toilets after 2 days ....::bigsmile: ... and it prevents your body from absorbing the C vitamins mainly!

But for some exceptionnal meal you want to enjoy ... it is really good . Unless you need to go to the toilets , then it is a nice way to help your beloved body:winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

AMICALEMENT .......:roflmto:

Frankie:RollEyes:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Went up to Newcastle last week.
Saw a bloke stood in the street , with his willy in a jar of mayonaise,
i thought f****inghelman :ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Where's the 'Both' button. Cream on Salad, Mayo on Fries, very Dutch.......::bigsmile:

Glynn

Free Member
May 2, 2010
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Salad cream for me, Heinz but used to like Crosse & Blackwell's when you could get it.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I like both depends on what I'm eating, I do like dipping chips in Maisynaise :Smile:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
I know a way to have it not that oily ... Use half 'huile de parafine' zero calorie. But you have to be careful and not having this all the time .... Or you may have to hurry to the toilets after 2 days ....::bigsmile: ... and it prevents your body from absorbing the C vitamins mainly!

But for some exceptionnal meal you want to enjoy ... it is really good . Unless you need to go to the toilets , then it is a nice way to help your beloved body:winky:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

AMICALEMENT .......:roflmto:

Frankie:RollEyes:

Thanks for the reply but I get in trouble now

And that's without inviting it

That's the reason for the campy (eeyore)
close to the personal facilities
When out and about :thumb:

Seems I will have to stick with salad cream!

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I do wonder why Hilda is asking this, is there a hidden motive ? .............

Me, olive oil, vinegar, salt all shook up and poured over, its called French dressing I believe.

Peter

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Salad Cream -=yuk

Homemade mayo, made with eggs straight from our own hens so fresh you have to allow the eggs to cool before using:Smile:. Luvverly.. :thumb:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
I use both at home, salad cream for the "egg mayo" sandwiches........yes, salad cream even though they're called egg mayo:Doh: my egg mayo mix is a family favourite, especially with cooked chopped smoked bacon mixed through it!

But Hellman's mayo for my favourite pasta salad mix, you need the mayo plus the Greek yogurt for the correct combination and creaminess, plus the rest of the ingredients......delicious:thumb:

But I like to think down the mayo a little with some lemon juice and yogurt for other dressings etc:thumb:

Margaret

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Don't EVER speak to me about low fat anything. Mayo especially, instead of being made with just 'good stuff' it has CORNFLOUR in it and is full of carbs. Yeeukkkkk. Wash your mouth out, Janine!

Salad cream (Heinz) I used to love but then in them days Mayo was regarded as forrin muck. Hellman's full fat all the way if it aint home made, with 2 of us it's hardly worth making it I'm afraid though if I had a family and a 'proper' liquidiser with a little reservoir and hole specifically designed for this very purpose, like wot I used to have in a previous existence - it would be real mayo every time. It doesn't require livening up!

I also like vinaigrette and aioli. And Thousand Island and esp Blue Cheese dressings (Paul Newman are good)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Same as Popeye where's the both button. Salad cream on a fish finger butty and mayo with finely chopped gherkins on chips. Tescos value mayo was the best on chips as it used to be made in Belgium and tasted spot on!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
mmmmm
both here as well along with alioli and on my salad i like basmati vinegar, olive oil and salt

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Niether!:roflmto: Yukkee Pooee stuff:Sad: Yuk Yuk Yuk!!!

Toast 2 slices of thick Bread (White! none of this treehuggers Brown Full grain Particle Board stuff) Slice a large Mushee, into a Frying Pan with hot BUTTER, (none of this foreign Johnnies Olive Oil), Crack a couple of Eggs into it (Free Range?, Cage?, Who cares!)
Then squish it around with the Spatuler ,(or if that sort of thing turns you on, use your finger!)
BUTTER the toast, you might have to scrape the burnt stuff off first (but hey! Charcoal cleans the blood!) Spread resulting Ambrosia thickly on to bottom layer of toast, Season, then the piece de resistance!!! A man sized squirt of Brown Sauce!!!

Breakfast of Champions ! No foreign Johnnys yukkee pooee 'orrible yellow low fat rubbish.

Ah heaven:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back