Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Hi folks

Has anyone overnighted at Cite Europe lately? I'm getting the 00.50 Eurotunnel and due to sleeping requirements of grandchildren I'll need to pull over as soon as possible when I get to the other side of La Manche.

Thanks.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we stayed at the City of Europe on the 27th March no problem only 4 other vans there, and a good nights sleep. :thumb: Bob.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi folks

Has anyone overnighted at Cite Europe lately? I'm getting the 00.50 Eurotunnel and due to sleeping requirements of grandchildren I'll need to pull over as soon as possible when I get to the other side of La Manche.

Thanks.

We have stayed at cite europe a couple of times, tonight llalymc and gerryhughes i think are staying there for their morning tunnel, say hi if you see them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes we have stopped there overnite this February and then also the end of March this year , we had no problems at all - too quiet if anything (used to road noise etc lolol) you also have the advantage of doing your last minute shopping or going for a special meal in the shopping centre but all is closed on a Sunday

Our TomTom does go a bit daft on our way back to the EuroTrain but there is plenty of signage for both train or ferries

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry to off topic slightly and ask obvious questions, but... is Cite Europe the actually at the tunnel and does it have a dedicated MH overnight place ? in all the crossings we've made I have to say I've never noticed it. Handy to know in case we'll late back on time

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Sorry to off topic slightly and ask obvious questions, but... is Cite Europe the actually at the tunnel and does it have a dedicated MH overnight place ? in all the crossings we've made I have to say I've never noticed it. Handy to know in case we'll late back on time

Yes and Yes an ideal stopover.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09

Yes approx 2 mins as you depart from the train on the right , and just as easy going to the train there is only a fence between the check in booths, much quieter than at the ferry port and free

Also it is for m/h parking you will see the M/H parking blue sign it is near the buses park

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Yes approx 2 mins as you depart from the train on the right , and just as easy going to the train there is only a fence between the check in booths, much quieter than at the ferry port and free

Also it is for m/h parking you will see the M/H parking blue sign it is near the buses park

Good to know, slept in the car there a few times, not ideal

Jan 26, 2010
Conwy, North Wales
Funster No
MH
Relay self build
Exp
Since 2007
Beware that the fuel station at Cite Europe is not suitable for larger vans. We made the mistake of thinking that we could fill up there but could not get in due to height restrictions. You have to go back onto the motorway to get into the Euro Tunnel entrance and we were low on fuel. I have since become aware of other fuel stations not too far away in the Calais area but you need to allow extra time for filling up before coming back home.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Yes we did the same , but there are some near by, strange they cater for m/h parking but not for fuel

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Might be a bit late for you but yes we did stay there last night and have done about 4 times its ideal for the tunnel as only 2 mins away and you can actually see the check-in gates from the car park.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Yes you can see the Eurotunnel gates, but it's a fair old drive. Only the police are allowed through the gate between Cite Europe and the Eurotunnel. Everyone else has to go round by the motorway to the next junction.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I'm assuming you're referring to the Cite Europe Camper Van parking area next to the coach park, rather than the one-time Aire/lorry park a little way down the exit road which is now blockaded with concrete blocks? Anyway, can't say I've overnighted at Cite Europe but have used both the Aire by the Ferry Port (Digue Gaston Berthes) and the other Aire nearby next to the marina, both of which are administered by the campsite next door to the ferry port Aire. The second one is the quieter of the two, as the overnight ferries tend to keep their engines running while loading and offloading.

There's a petrol station fairly close to Cite Europe as follows - take the exit road back to the motorway in the direction of Calais town centre/ferry port, drive straight under the motorway and two roundabouts down on the left there's the petrol station on the corner. Not quite as cheap as a supermarket, but lower cost than motorway services.

sealski

Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW transporter conversion
Exp
4 years
Last year, we asked the same for our first trip to France and was advised by the funsters to use Cite Europe. Being perfect British, it didn't seem right to camp in a supermarket car park, so I emailed Cite Europe. I got a reply within minutes stating that motorhomes are welcome. It took us a little while to find it as I missed the bus signs, but it is easy to backtrack as there are multiple roundabouts skirting the site. When we finally arrived there were about 10 campers already there (all British) and despite being Bastille day and fireworks going off, we had a very peaceful nights sleep.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We stayed at Cite Europe last night for an early tunnel crossing this morning.

We filled up with Diesel at the Auchan Petrol Station which is just a few minutes away. Diesel was 1.41 Euros per Litre.

We also stayed at Cite Europe on the Thursday before Easter. There were 6 vans in total one french and the rest from GB. We were told by some campers later on in the week that both of the Aires at Calais were full as was the overflow parking.

Cant beat Cite Europe plenty of space. Quiet and the supermarket for those last minute bits.

Sonja

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back