Apr 11, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Hi Guys
Just joined your group 10 minutes ago.
My wife and I are 50 something and now without offspring but with recent grandchildren which could be slightly tying.
We have a Hymer B654 now and in the first year clocked up nearly 11,500miles travelling around Europe. This is now our second year and I have planned a 6,000mile jaunt round the sea of Bothnia anti-clockwise to take place on July 26th and back on 1st Sept.
Landing at Hook of Holland and driving through Germany to Gdansk, Riga, Tallin entering Russia 2nd August. After a few days in St Pete's a long haul to the Kola peninsula and the White Sea, stopping off at Kizhli Island to see the fabulous wooden churches a Unesco World Heritage site, and the Islands adjacent to Kem, one of the first Gulags and Naval training base.
The bears and stunning mountain ranges, the Molybdimum mines on the Kola Peninsula.
The WW11 museum, the Nuclear Ice breaker "Lenin" and Russian Fleet at Murmansk.
Load up the boot with cheap Diesel to help us thro Finnmark & Norway via Kirkenes on the just passable,for a 6.5mtr vehicle on the un-mettled road west.
From Norddcap down to the Lotofen Islands, follow coast and cut across to Oslo.
Visit the Memorial & lay a wreath to my Para friends that died in the Kiel Canal Incident, then on to the U-Boat museum at Laboe (Kiel). Through Germany, Home ect. John B

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Wow John that seems like a great trip, I hope you log in here and keep us posted :Smile: Meanwhile, welcome to the fun :thumb:

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
:welcomefunster: !!

Terrific trip you've planned there! :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
Welcome to Funsters John, that sounds like a mighty long drive for a 5 week trip, looking forward to hearing how you get on.
Geoff.:welcome:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Some trip. Welcome.

I find the grankids are not a problem, its the grandmother!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome,
thats some trip you have planned, I hope you do a blog/diary as you travel it for us all to read and enjoy.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
in the first year clocked up nearly 11,500miles travelling around Europe. John B

Ye gods, you're too good for this place. We've people in here who think 100 miles is stretching it in a day and crossing the channel far too risky.

You need to resign and join www.professionalmotorhomefun.co.uk

You might have to wait a few minutes, Jim, He Who Must Be Obeyed, hasn't set that one up yet, he didn't know you existed.

We do about 4000 miles a year, I feel inadequate.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
going for the white nights

welcome... great trip... so you are join g for the white night.. St Petersburg is great love the city.. much nicer to get a visa and go out on your own ... we saw the wealth and the poverty (the housing prospects).. but it is a great city and at that time of the year it grey light until 2 in the morning and never really gets dark. Sounds wonderful...

Bob, Sue and Ezzie (6 years 3 days and counting):Blush:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi Guys
My wife and I are 50 something and now without offspring but with recent grandchildren which could be slightly tying.
We have a Hymer B654 now and in the first year clocked up nearly 11,500miles travelling around Europe. This is now our second year and I have planned a 6,000mile jaunt round the sea of Bothnia anti-clockwise to take place on July 26th and back on 1st Sept.
Landing at Hook of Holland and driving through Germany to Gdansk, Riga, Tallin entering Russia 2nd August. After a few days in St Pete's a long haul to the Kola peninsula and the White Sea, stopping off at Kizhli Island to see the fabulous wooden churches a Unesco World Heritage site, and the Islands adjacent to Kem, one of the first Gulags and Naval training base.
The bears and stunning mountain ranges, the Molybdimum mines on the Kola Peninsula.
Load up the boot with cheap Diesel to help us thro Finnmark & Norway via Kirkenes on the just passable,for a 6.5mtr vehicle on the un-mettled road west.
Visit the Memorial & lay a wreath to my Para friends that died in the Kiel Canal Incident, then on to the U-Boat museum at Laboe (Kiel). Through Germany, Home ect. John B

Hi and Welcome John...sithie ars thar doing awd lad thar seams to gad about a little:winky:....from a fellow Yorkshireman

Mel

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Guys

Welcome
Great trip. We're planning an almost identical trip for next year, if we finish building our new house and have any funds left (already 20k over budget and havent laid a brick). Not sure I'd want to do it in 5 weeks though we reckon to saunter along for 3 months or maybe a bit longer. We're looking at options at the moment to leave the van at Tromso fly to Svalbard and jump on one of the old ice breaker ships and do a trip up towards the north pole. Any experience of that?
Keep us informed how you get on would appreciate any advice:thumb::thumb::

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back