Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all,

Just joined today, might be looking for some advice in the near future regarding travelling in France..........hope someone has been before :Blush:

Cheers,

Keith

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
Welcome to the mad house:winky:

Sorry I cant help with France, because I have not done that myself yet, but someone will be along shortly to give us both advice.
Welcome again
Mark.

cluke

Free Member
Apr 7, 2012
London
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
We are Brand New
A Jolly Good welcome to you Keith!
When are you leaving for France?
I'm new to this forum too, My wife and Mother in Law and I are Leaving for France for a few months on the 15th of May! Have you got a plan of where you are going?
there is some books you should get
"all the aires" and "france passion" will give you some inexpencive places to stop for the night
Good Luck
Luke

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Microchip

Microchip

Free Member
Apr 8, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Luke
We travell on the 6th May heading generally down the German side of France :Cool: we plan to do the wine routes etc. and any other points of interest........now that I'm retired we're going for 9 weeks :whatthe: can't wait.

We have got some of the books eg. All The French Aires and a few others, now looking for other peoples advice who've been in that area.

Keith

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi all,

Just joined today, might be looking for some advice in the near future regarding travelling in France..........hope someone has been before :Blush:

Cheers,

Keith

Hi Keith and Welcome to Motorhome Fun,:thumb:... The Best Forum on the internet::bigsmile:...You will love it,:thumb: Full of GREAT FUNSTERS....with a bit of Micky Taking thrown in......:winky: ..........all in good humour:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: nothing nasty:winky:

Now France....What a big and Beautiful place for motorhoming...I and many other funsters on here have a vast amount of knowledge and will happily give you advice of touring in France.....just ask....we are touring France most of the time on Aires...if it campsite information you require there are others funsters on here will help you.

Mel:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , If we new which part you were thinking of heading to or what sort of requirements ie beach , rivers, etc . We would all throw in some ideas or suggestions . Terry :thumb:

JOHNSTEY

Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
France....three times the size of UK ...where do you start.We have toured around for over 40 years and still not been everywhere.My advice is just go and enjoy!:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
welcome from us also

a warm welcome from us also.

France? one big place.. firstly decide if you are going to go by ferry or train.

Get your motor home ready.. make sure you have all the kit you need like Warning Triangles, First Aid Box, Breath kit (from later this year) make sure the speed camera is turned off on the satellite system. Get a good road map book.. motorways (not all) you pay tolls.. maybe a little faster, but the National routes are very good and you see France (and can stop at smaller places on the way). Get an ADAC membership - 1 year less than £100 and covers recovery and a lot else beside.. look at back posts on the MHF site. (like the AA and has 17m members and is also valid in the UK). Get a for around £12.50 the ACIS membership .. discounts on thousands of camp sites out of season (in season is normally July /August) you also get a camping carnet as well in the price (apply on line for that).

Get a book about the Aires.. cheap over night camping (do not put chairs out - not allowed) designed for just a stop over at night... some stay many days, often they have electric by token and water.

Think about a CAXTON FX card or similar - prepaid euro card .. saves on bank and credit card charges... you pre load it before you good...saves a lot of money and allows use of local fuel stations in the night if you decide to move at night (as we do)..

Thousand questions, a thousand answers .. just ask......

oh by the way the best £10 you will spend would be a subscription to this site...

Bob, Sue and Ezzie the St Bernard.:thumb:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
My Advice.Stay off the toll roads!