Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
having already posted a question and received some helpfull replies i think i should introduce myself. i am a fifty something living in south manchester, presently have a vw type 25 hi top camper but avidly searching for a hymer b534 to better accomodate girlfriend,black lab puppy and 4 rescue guinea pigs[long story]. been in the motor trade most of my life. i"ve no full size motorhome experience yet [only had campervans] but i have a decent general knowledge[been round the block a few times!!]and a good knowledge of my local area .so if i can be of any help to anyone let me know . regards garry

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Welcome Garry

Look forward to seeing you and your menagerie on the road! :roflmto:

Catherine

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Welcome to the Fun, Garry...

Now...

It is all well an good being a "friendly" Manc... that is by the by...

What I would like to know is...

Are you red or blue?

JJ :Cool:

PS... and do you like Fray Bentos Pies?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
and 4 rescue guinea pigs[long story].

I though only my daughter was that daft, and it's always a long story with her too.

But you are not the worst ( I think that's the generally accepted feeling ), we had one FUNster pair with a dog and 4 rats, running freely round the MH. The quote that says it all "oh, if they pee on you it's a sign they like you".

And we have a FUNster who has a pet Macaw ( well, it's big, with a dangerous beak but a nice temperament even if it does chew glasses ).

Those Hymers are much loved, you may need some effort to find a good one but worth it.

OP
OP
G

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
thanks for the warm welcome guys .neither red or blue jj! motorcycle racing is my passion ! [hope that puts me in the good books with brian at least !!] mind you i do only live across the fields from both city and utds training grounds at carrington and walk the dog past the ferraris and bentleys most days. so if you need a spy in either camp i might be your man jj !! garry

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
motorcycle racing is my passion ! [hope that puts me in the good books with brian at least !!]

Then you'll be glued to Europsport right now I guess. Shedloads of bikers on here, though not all racing fans. It's amazing just how many motorhomes carry a motorcycle of some sort.

But football, what kind of a sport is that, all it involves is moving a small amount of slightly compressed air around a field. Oh Please! I can do that in my sleep though I have to say a good fart is best enjoyed when awake.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
... i do only live across the fields from both city and utds training grounds at carrington [HI]and walk the dog [/HI]past the ferraris and bentleys most days. so if you need a spy in either camp i might be your man jj !! garry

As a favour could you train the dogs to poo on the ground outside the Utd players' car doors please... :thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
But football, what kind of a sport is that, all it involves is moving a small amount of slightly compressed air around a field. Oh Please! I can do that in my sleep though I have to say a good fart is best enjoyed when awake.

If ever there was a way to drag a thread into total disrepute, this is it and once again, its the same person that's done it before that manages to do it again.

I'm sure that some people throw a neck full of booze down themselves before they get on to the web. Why else would somebody act in such an objectionable manner.

Jim

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If ever there was a way to drag a thread into total disrepute, this is it and once again, its the same person that's done it before that manages to do it again.

I'm sure that some people throw a neck full of booze down themselves before they get on to the web. Why else would somebody act in such an objectionable manner.

Jim

So tell us all, what do you find objectionable, taking the piss out of football or the word "fart" ?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Don't let the non believers get to us Jim...:thumb:

Some people like my mate Brian "this Solex doesn't have brakes" Hilldweller like watching machines go around and around as quickly as they can and ending up in the same place as they started... :ROFLMAO:

Seems very odd to me but they seem to enjoy it... and the odd fa*t would go unnoticed given to awful racket the machines make... :winky:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
motorcycle racing is my passion ! [

Welcome to Fun, this year our motorhome seems to be on course for a few motorbike meets

1st off Thundersprint at Northwich everything free all week end except the camping looks good.

Then festival of 1000 bikes at Malory Park brilliant meet really enjoyed it last year

Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Thats the best of motorhomes they can be all things to all people, just enjoy :welcomefunster:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
So tell us all, what do you find objectionable, taking the piss out of football or the word "fart" ?

I cant be bothered with you mate. The fact that you just cant see it says it all. Why anybody would like this post is beyond me.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I cant be bothered with you mate. The fact that you just cant see it says it all. Why anybody would like this post is beyond me.

I'll explain, this is FUN, not a theologian debating society, a bit of a giggle, two fingers to political correctness.

Lighten up a bit, you might find you can enjoy life after all.

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
Have you been in Irlam long enough to remember Royals? They made industrial heaters and heating systems... I was an apprentice there a long, long, long, long time ago...?

I was born in Irlam and hae lived here for 48 years but I am sorry to say I have not heard of Royals.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back