Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Good Day Folks.

My club Everton FC are at Wembley again this year in the FA Cup Semi Final. I know there are two sites in London but I'm not sure where they are.

Can anybody tell me what would be the best site to be on for getting into Wembley. The KO is at lunchtime on the Saturday.

Cheers
Jim

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Crystal Palace

Crystal Palace and Abbey Wood.. both CC sites and on south side of river.. or Lee Valley camp site to North and East

addresses here http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/results3.asp?search=london&by=county

sadly, none near Wembley ..

easiest way to get public transport information and directions is to plot all three on a Google map..

The Crystal Palace site is not far from where the buses are .. so there is good travel links in to the capital.... a short bus rid gets you to lots of trains in t London and the tube network. So if you are late coming back you will get back OK... even has night buses.... I would allow about an hour to hour and half even for the relatively short journey .. as it is a case of crossing London almost from 5 o'clock to 11 o'clock but the five o'clock being near to the centre than Abbey Wood which is a fair way over off the A2 side of London.

Crystal Palace is inside the LEZ if you are a diesel.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There is a very nice C&CC site at Hertford. Within walking distance of Hertford North station which has a straight forward route to Wembly. Check it out see what you think. The site is only a mile from the A10.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
Bearstead Caravan Club in Maidstone is a really nice site and a train from there to Wembley stadium costs £42.60 return for two people, hope this helps and hope you win:thumb: see you at the final:thumb:

:thumb:Chelsea v Everton:thumb:

Madmark62

Free Member
Sep 28, 2011
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Lesharo
Exp
I`m a newbie
We stayed on the Lee Valley site when Barnsley were in the semi final. Easy to get to Wembley from there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 12, 2012
Bridgend, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Just started!
I have a 4 day show to attend at London's ExCel next year. Are there any sites providing easy access or perhaps a cheap hotel break would be better?

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
No sites near by

While there are sites... Excel is inside the LEZ .. You will do better either going to say Abbey Wood .. Nearest and cheapest in to the area of Excell... Or using a hotel a bit out and travel in.

Tunbridge Well to London by train peek time this week was £37.70 Covered the inner zone in London... So it is fine camping way out but the getting in can be expensive.

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back