Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
Decided to do Germany in June, never been. Can any body recommend a round trip taking about 2 weeks or 3 at a push, to see the best sights.
Any info on aires, do they exist in Germany, got all the campsites but would like to w/park sometimes.
Any tips would be mucho appreciated.
:RollEyes:

OP
OP
patyogi

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
too long
Speedy gon-mad

Gotta fixed penalty down in Devon last weekend, on the Sparkford by-pass, cos I was a PLG doing 65 on the 70mph stretch and a camera van got me.
Any one else been caught cos we can only do 50 on a single carriage/ 60 on a dual carriageway. Gosh I've been passed so many times by white van man steaming along well doing over 80mph.
Tain't fair.

Oh!! well going to get lectured by do-goody speed aware w/shop.
Well worth it cos speeding points on my license with the Honda Blackbird 1100 m/cycle will cost me.:cry:

hdvrod

Free Member
Dec 27, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since jan 2011
Loads of great scenery in Germany.I would head for a place called Monschau first in the Eiffels,fairly near to the German Belgium border very scenic,then over to the Mosel.After that you could travel over to the Hartz mountains then down towards Munich and the Black forest.Not worth venturing North of Koln,as northern Germany not very scenic,depends how many miles you want to travel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Germany

Hi, my other half & me spent many years touring Europe on BMW motorcycles, especially Germany, Luxembourg and Belgium, in Germany we loved the Mosel/Rhine area, nothing much in the middle, down to the Black Forest area then the best bit, Bavaria, around Garmisch Partenkirchen, a very lovely area, highly recommended.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, Germany is a big country and has the same set up as France with the aires. ::bigsmile: But they are called Stellplatze they have a few books that you can buy over there, but we use this one, I have not seen one in english, always in german. :Smile:

https://www.vicarious-shop.com/Bord-Atlas-2012-German-Stellplatze-reise-mobile-guide.html

We have spent a lot of time there, but always minimum 6 weeks, we go September / October and always end up on the mosel that time of year, its the wine region and loads of cycling along the river and wine feast in the towns.

:thumb: Bob.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We love Germany, so picturesque, beautiful scenery, We biked along to Boppard, nice town sat on the Rhine, boats trips up and down the Rhine and across the river.
There are plenty of stellaplatz, we stayed on a little site right next to the Rhine, watching all the barges going up & down

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
If you get into the Harz mountains there is a place called Elland and the stellplatze there is owned and run by a lovely guy and he was a Saxophone player with the Rolling Stones in the 60's.
He never charged us " because we are english " :Smile: for the two nights we stayed, but Jane put some € 's in the box because we had electric. :winky::roflmto:

But the old steam trains run through the village up to Brocken, its really nice walking around the mountains and hearing the trains whistle,:Blush: make it quite magical.:ROFLMAO::thumb: Bob.

OP
OP
patyogi

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
Exp
too long
Ta!

Thanks for the info guys n gals, Mrs is really looking forward to going especially as we can wild park, much more fun. :Cool:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi, Germany is a big country and has the same set up as France with the aires. ::bigsmile: But they are called Stellplatze they have a few books that you can buy over there, but we use this one, I have not seen one in english, always in german. :Smile:

Bord Atlas :thumb:

Also download an app for smart phones and sat nav POIs HERE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back