Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
peugeot swift royale 540
Exp
3 months
Hello, can anybody confirm that these guys are still operational as I have mailed them and phoned them but no reply on either count:Sad:.
Regards,

OP
OP
S

switchmode

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
peugeot swift royale 540
Exp
3 months
have been looking for some liquid roof and these guys are advertising this product.
Regards,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, strange this as come up i was only thinking havent heard anything about them for ages . i knew james years ago when we were both in the vw game . i saw him at malvern and with the funsters there but not heard much since . hope they are ok.

OP
OP
S

switchmode

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
peugeot swift royale 540
Exp
3 months
Thanks for all the replys.
Regards,
Switchmode

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
another source is

Another source is Darren/Martin ..RV spares out of the little brook bus station in Cheltenham.. his contact is via ebay.. look under American RV Spares he has dozens and dozen of adds and he does the roof stuff as well, recommend him or them.. as also said there is Duncan of Starspanegledspanner.co.uk Duncan is very helpful and carries a fair line of items and if not in he can get it fast as well.. also highly recommended.

Have not seen Stateside Tunning for a couple years now.. last time I saw them was at Malvern the year before last.

Bob

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Stateside owners Linda and James had a house in California and were always threatening to move there. Maybe they did, bet they're warmer than me right now. Wales is blooming freezing.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that is the trouble with spending 2 months in Spain

Stateside owners Linda and James had a house in California and were always threatening to move there. Maybe they did, bet they're warmer than me right now. Wales is blooming freezing.

That is the trouble JIM with spending two months in Spain telling us about how hot you were and the one day of rain... no sympathy for you... now you can freeze your B%£@s the same as the rest of us... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob::bigsmile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
i had a order of Linda last summer,she told me they have a biasness in USA and most of her orders were from USA anyway maybe they have moved

OP
OP
S

switchmode

Free Member
Apr 2, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
peugeot swift royale 540
Exp
3 months
Spoke to Linda today via mobile contact number on recorded message, the business is still up and running but husband is in USA to do with VW, Linda stated that stocks have been run down and allot of paints etc with catalysts have been banned from being transported via air so unable to import into the country.
Can any body point me in the right direction for GOOD rubber paint for my motor home roof, something that is not going to peel off in the first shower of rain?:Smile:.
Regards,
Switchmode.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Spoke to Linda today via mobile contact number on recorded message, the business is still up and running but husband is in USA to do with VW, Linda stated that stocks have been run down and allot of paints etc with catalysts have been banned from being transported via air so unable to import into the country.
Can any body point me in the right direction for GOOD rubber paint for my motor home roof, something that is not going to peel off in the first shower of rain?:Smile:.
Regards,
Switchmode.

Try Duncan at www.starspangledspanner.com get a Fun discount to.....:winky:

See Here>>>>>> http://www.starspangledspanner.com/roof-maintenance/cat_37.html <<<<<<<

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
as switchmode as said stateside are still open. i emailed earlier . seems their vw side is so busy .i,m not suprised . many like me have packed it in over the last few years good to know they are still at it though. they have even stepped back from vw shows , but james has a good name in the vw field . good to know old friends are well.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
as switchmode as said stateside are still open. i emailed earlier . seems their vw side is so busy .i,m not suprised . many like me have packed it in over the last few years good to know they are still at it though. they have even stepped back from vw shows , but james has a good name in the vw field . good to know old friends are well.

Hi Alan
Visited them when I bought an imported rim for the RV. Nice couple and James knows his stuff, what he doesn't know about RVs ain't worth knowing. His workshop was like a hospital operating room.. absolutely immaculate .. like a race workshop..Wish I had known them BEFORE buying an RV.. honest and decent dealer, I subsequently bought quite a few parts and accessories from them... always helpful and prices were very good.. :thumb:

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jim .yes it was a race workshop .he was heavily involved in vw drag racing . i was involved in the beetle cup a vw race season . i was agent here for volkspares in sydenham for years . it was real big great vw family at one time . james still does machining for a local garage down here run by another mate. there was a time when we were oposition but friendly . i miss the vw world sometimes . it was a life experiance not just work. the sourcing and importing was a thrill and visiting many countries sourcing was a pleasure. another of those under the awning evenings . i still monitor the auto world . think its why i have a facination on china .google china truck and cars . you may be amazed . try bmw china . but james is a good machinist .honest and knows his stuff. i can only speak vw wise dont know about rv,s .
only this afternoon i was sat with another ex opposition and the service manager from a local vw agent . talking about aquiring rare vw parts etc . might have to start selling my stores .hee hee.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back