For those that dont have a sat dome (1 Viewer)

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
We dont have a satelite dome on the 5ver as if parked in the wrong place we wouldnt get a signal so i use a sat dish and tripod (which to be honest is a pain packing/transport wise)
So I have just been and bought one of these that are on offer at Maplin, apparently according to the price I am making a significant saving - not only in the hassle but also in price.

Link Removed

If they had done a 90 dish in this that would of been fantastic.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we got our new van I found places to transport the sat dish etc.

On our first (2 night) trip we watched TV for about an hour. On our second (3 night) trip we watched TV for about 3/4 hour. Both times we used the fitted aerial and picked up digital channels easily.

On our third (2 night) trip we didn't even set the TV up.

Last week I found a place to keep the sat dish etc in the garage. Might use it in future I suppose but not until there's a lot more worth watching :roflmto: Only my opinion of course ::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I see it does not include the LNB

I see it does not include the LNB or cable?

Not going to get a signal without that part.....

Bob:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Maggie, that looks very interesting, whilst we don't watch alot of tele sods law when we want it's sat time and a right faff assembling the sat in a box, banging a stake into the ground etc, that looks very simple:thumb:

We're planning a trip to Maplins this weekend so I'm going to have a look:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've just realised that these dishes are the same as one we saw in Maplins a couple of weeks ago. It looks to be a very good deal. A bit bulky for us but if you have the room to carry one it certainly looks to be good value.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chatter

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
They are not heavy and the fact that the dish with folding arm (with LNB and cable once fitted) and tripod all fit in the case beats trying to store a big round dish with a solid arm with lnb then also store a tripod is what sold it for me. The dish and tripod are one unit that just folds up, it is supplied with feet and pegs to secure it to the ground

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back