Strikeback alarm - bike loop (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Hi Folks, Im back again looking for more assistance. This is the e-mail I sent to RDH loking for advice, but sadly no reply.

I wonder if you can be of assistance. My motorhome is fitted with a Strikeback alarm system, orginally fitted by yourselves some years ago. It has a bike loom extension which is not working. It was working perfectly well, so I suspect I have done something stupid to compromise it. I recently fitted a new battery to vehicle and was unaware that I should de-activate the system with the overide key. I didn't even know where the key lock was until a couple of days ago and stumbled acros it in the glove compartement.

So could failing to overide the system with the key when changing the battery have caused it?

I have switched the overide off and on with the key. Should this be done with the loop on or off, or does that not affect it?

Anyone got any Idea?:Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
my loop has a switch on the dash

Hi Folks, Im back again looking for more assistance. This is the e-mail I sent to RDH loking for advice, but sadly no reply.

I wonder if you can be of assistance. My motorhome is fitted with a Strikeback alarm system, orginally fitted by yourselves some years ago. It has a bike loom extension which is not working. It was working perfectly well, so I suspect I have done something stupid to compromise it. I recently fitted a new battery to vehicle and was unaware that I should de-activate the system with the overide key. I didn't even know where the key lock was until a couple of days ago and stumbled acros it in the glove compartement.

So could failing to overide the system with the key when changing the battery have caused it?

I have switched the overide off and on with the key. Should this be done with the loop on or off, or does that not affect it?

You may need to email Eddie at VanBitz .. he normally has a charge when someone has taken over a motorhome with a strike back system.. but they can normally talk you through it.

I know if I have the switch the wrong way the alarm chirps at me if I have the loop is open..

Bob

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
I rang vanbitz the other day as I noticed my hymer had vanbitz security stickers on it. The only thing I had was the 1 round brown alarm fob!!, which appears not to work anyway. Will have to have a trip down to vanbitz to get it sorted out..:Sad:

Shirl

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
a brown one? that sound vintage

I rang vanbitz the other day as I noticed my hymer had vanbitz security stickers on it. The only thing I had was the 1 round brown alarm fob!!, which appears not to work anyway. Will have to have a trip down to vanbitz to get it sorted out..:Sad:

Shirl

A brown one:Blush: sounds a bit vintage.. mine are grey and are nearly three years old. I am going down in May for my annual checkup under the extended warranty and to get an issue with the alarm sorted. But I do get good service from Eddie and the crew... plus they have a nice campsite to stay over on if you need to arrive before or after.

Bob

con-tiki

Free Member
Oct 18, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
since 2009
A brown one:Blush: sounds a bit vintage.. mine are grey and are nearly three years old. I am going down in May for my annual checkup under the extended warranty and to get an issue with the alarm sorted. But I do get good service from Eddie and the crew... plus they have a nice campsite to stay over on if you need to arrive before or after.

Bob

System was fitted in 2005, so hopefully still serviceable..Big expense in fuel etc...just to get it checked...600mile round trip...May have been taken out for all I know...

Shirl

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
have you not tried to alarm it with the fob?

System was fitted in 2005, so hopefully still serviceable..Big expense in fuel etc...just to get it checked...600mile round trip...May have been taken out for all I know...

Shirl

You may need to change the battery in the fob... file it is worth going to VanBitz, I do agree it is a long way, that is something we suffer as well. Costs a fortune in fuel.

Mine is alarmed when I hit the A button on the fob and the lights flash twice then a few seconds later a second single flash.. it is then alarmed .. can checked it by opening the door... to disarm it then it is press it once.

But as I say you are better having Eddie go over the system... We have all sorts of gizmo's on the system, like break glass detectors and motion in cab sectors, plus we have ours connected to an immobiliser with extra horns under the chassis.. out lockers and doors / hood are with mercury or magnetic type break contact alarms... plus we have the trailer loop with is a caravan type hookup plug at the back.. we use it on our car trailer all the time.. even as now parked up on the drive separate but still hooked up and active.

Bob

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989

There should be a switch override for the bike loop, if it is a round switch it would normally be "IN" at the top when the loop is not required. Perhaps if it was working then the switch has been "switched" without knowing.

Bob thank you for your kind comments and remarks.

Re RDH and other third party installations, we will help with spares if we can, but are unable to offer any real assistance as we have no knowledge of the installation or what has been fitted.

Regards

Eddie

OP
OP
Pikeman
Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Eddie,

Thanks for input. I do have a switch, have tried that. As the system was working perfectly well before I got my hands on it, I can only assume I have done something to it. One question if you don't mind - would failing to isolate the system before dis-connecting the battery have caused a problem?
I will try various permutations at the weekend, but if I can't solve, then I will book it in at Vanbitz.

Thanks to everyone for help!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Eddie,

Thanks for input. I do have a switch, have tried that. As the system was working perfectly well before I got my hands on it, I can only assume I have done something to it. One question if you don't mind - would failing to isolate the system before dis-connecting the battery have caused a problem?
I will try various permutations at the weekend, but if I can't solve, then I will book it in at Vanbitz.

Thanks to everyone for help!

Re isolation it depends on the version you have, do you have a handbook at all?

As for booking it in with Van Bitz, there isn't much we can do to help on a third party installation to be honest as we will have no idea what was fitted, where and what was used.

Regards

Eddie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back